It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Stigmatization Of The "Loner."

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Deja vous thread...

Te loner is someone that it is easy to pin for crimes etc much like blame it on the butler in every movie with one... as a trope. Few friends known doesn't go out or talk much so much like those abducting prostitutes etc they say well bottom rung of society who cares and let the bottom feeders feed, and this is where serial killers come from but usually they are hiding behind the loner and pretending to be "normal" so they always stop at the loner/weird person and point the finger at them... if they can plant evidence to creep away.

In todays society it gets harder and harder for such to "feed" their appetites. So of course the R.I.C.O. of make them and break them continues to go on; on both sides of the fence in the human trafficking business. Because the wealthy that have had enough of toys might want to order people like slaves off of a menu and well, who better to pin those sorts of appetites on or whom to prey on than the loner, the out cast, the druggie etc.?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

You may be right, with the missing children and the link to child trafficking.

Otherwise, it was hard to understand...maybe clarify your thoughts?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
It's not difficult.
People do not trust loners.
They don't trust them because they do not know them.
If you do not know someone, it is foolish to trust them.

Sorry loners, but you will always be looked at differently because of your anti-social behavior.

I am a loner and I don't trust people because I do know them. On a long term basis, close friends are no more trustworthy than a complete stranger. Most, if not all, people have an agenda and that is making their own life better at the expense of anyone and everyone else. People may do a few good deeds in their life, be polite, that "nice guy" who everyone likes, but underneath? Out for their own and would stab you in the back in a second.
I know you people and "you" are just not worth it.

You may say "Well, you don't know people". Wrong. Very Wrong. I use to be a very social person. At one time, I worked 2 jobs and one of them was as a Bartender. I know people. I use to be surrounded by friends and hung out with a pretty large group. We'd all ride our horses to the river, have friends pick up our fishing gear and bring it, go fishing, then clean them, have a cookout, horseshoes, games for the kids, etc... I know people.
I use to go out to bars every weekend with all my friends and we'd dance, drink, flirt and have a wonderful time.
Later, as a coal miner, I worked with hundreds of people in close contact, depending on each other to get the job done and make sure we all came out alive, so, I know people pretty damn well.

I prefer to be alone.

edit on 7-5-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The loner has been stigmatised for a long time by those in power and the gossips they use to beat their drum for them.

Nothing more threatening to those in power than somebody who see's them for what they are and doesn't play their silly irrelevant games.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

I haven't read a string of posts by one member that says "I am afraid of what I don't understand" EVER.

It is you who should perhaps not be trusted. Are you a bully?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAllTheSame

The entire world system of humanity seeks to control and profit off of human misery, instead of really solve or cure anything. This is what basically all governments are designed to do... keep a system in a cycle and spinning instead of one that ever actually functions... ones touting it are typically just a pipe dream in which to then start funneling off into the same spiral.

Many people like to point fingers, pass the buck as economics and job security in the round and round, instead of actually solve anything except how to feed off of and keep the same nonsense going.

Food chain from the ground all the way up into seen and unseen binding and unbinding releasing and renewing... and at that level of understanding when life is just as special and precious no matter the form? Might as well become a statue in the do no harm, with mums the word as the womb that just keeps on giving... concept or not life goes on with or without anything called or labeled as "human".

edit on 7-5-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop
a reply to: Ghost147

You seriously think those people are loners? Suffice to say, um, no. Those people might want time alone, but none of them are loners.

Actually, I stated they were all introverts. Which many of those people in that list have claimed to be in their own words.

Of course we can judge anyone's social desires as being extroverted or introverted given enough information

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Some people need time alone, and its their right to walk anywhere and anytime, right? (In Poland its LEGAL)
I am a loner with some social troubles but the last thing I imagine is I am going for a killing spree. And beside that I dont like groups or popular places I am not a liar, cheater as many 'friendly' people in such groups. Its just my way of life that you dont understand.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Actually, it sounds like someone who is screaming "Please accept me" and will go to any length to appear "normal". He's either trolling or puts on that 'Good ol' boy RED BLOODED 'MURICAN BY GOD" to fit in with all the other good ol boys he wants to be accepted by.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

LOL - so now the stranger is going through your neighbours garbage - your story tellying keeps evolving.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

Whats wrong with me is i dont trust people who are by themselves.

Humans are social animals. So when a drifter comes wandering into town, usually there up to no good.

Hey, that was the beginning of the movie Rambo. .. and you would be like that Sheriff that started it all.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I type up reports for doctors for a living and my SO fixes cars.

We are loners. We stay home with our animals; he works on his project cars and I love to cook.

We don't contribute # to society LOL!!

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Great video pick!

Most loners I know.......(2 of them, and they happen to be my closest friends even though we only talk every couple years or so, I trust them completely).......love Godsmack. I know I do.

The loners I know tend to speak the truth, many don't like that.

Speak

My feelings on the majority of the human race are "Whatever"

edit on 5 7 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

And still, I'd report a loner if I saw one.

Nothing more suspicious then a self rightoueous loner.

To whom? Your mommy? I mean really, who is there to "report" someone to?

Though, this is a "World Wide Web", I guess you could possibly be living in a facist regime somewhere.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
I like loners a lot more than the guy or girl who is constantly trying to impress for no reason.

The media does blame mass shootings on loners a lot.

We also get stories like this www.abovetopsecret.com... where they guy locks himself in his room, writes 14 occult books, and disappears.

Loners are a mysterious people. Nothing wrong with being a loner, sometimes I'm jealous of people who can be alone, i completely understand not wanting to socialize.

I also think being a loner stems from fear a lot of the time. Overcoming any type of fear is part of a souls journey on earth.

No...a soul has no "journey" here.

You on the other hand need to experience being alone here it appears..but your soul cares not.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Whats wrong with me is i dont trust people who are by themselves.

Humans are social animals. So when a drifter comes wandering into town, usually there up to no good.

Us loners like to read.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
I'm not plotting your death...

Well, that makes one of us.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

a reply to: TarzanBeta

And that is the problem with the anti social loner: It thinks its better than society.

But its ironic, because its actually contributing nothing to society.

Society demands team players and team work.

Well, all of the top scientists who moved society forward forever were indeed loners.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

If it makes you feel better to believe there is "nothing" wrong with you, then knock yourself out.

The rest of us are flawed human beings who actually have something to contribute to society. I, for instance, am donating my time for a charitable breakfast tommorow. Maybe a loner will come in, eat a free meal, and run. Hopefully they wont eat all the butter!

Ah, I see now, you pretend to be charitable but clearly are not, in order to be a part of it all and say "Hey Man I am The Man here!" I bet you don't miss yelling the loudest for a team at ball games and probably attend church every Sunday for the potluck social.

Are you perhaps the type who goes camping in the wilderness and brings a TV and stereo?

What I have found is most socializing is called acting, each person competing in the acting competition awards when due being top of the list on call for parties.
Give me a ship and a kind sea, some books and my lovely mate.
edit on 7-5-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Given who absolutely bonkers most people are, as a loner, I advocate staying the hell away from most people.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join