It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Stigmatization Of The "Loner."

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
a reply to: c2oden

If I try to look for housing on craigslist, then I'll lose access to the phone, I already lost access to the desktop in february.

Now, that's seriously concerning!! Anything anyone can do to help?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

originally posted by: SprocketUK
I go through phases. I like hanging out with folks for a while then I just want to be alone.

I definitely think the fear of difference is brhind ghe stigmatising of loners as an earlier poster said.

To some, anyone different devalues their own life choices to an unbearable extent.

This is the second time I am saying to you, friend:

Hey, I said that!

Yes, it was you
Apologies for the typos, was on my phone and rushing.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

If I try to look for housing on craigslist, then I'll lose access to the phone, I already lost access to the desktop in february.

LadyLove, I don't know why I didn't offer... You're better than I am.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

Most of us are just worn out by the chaotic ebb and flow of the social herd's jagged mental energy. We spend time alone because we need to recharge after several hours of mindless chitchat, gossip, groupthink, and value-signalling.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

You were busy with other posts, to be fair! For me, too, loner though I am, I am also very protective, so it's a natural response!! Plus, I lost one friend, who chose to stay with a controlling type and reject all sound advice, and know how badly it can affect someone.

Wow...reading through some of the comments.....

I wonder, do the two who are so set on being extroverts and pumping themselves up, realize how they sound? Admissions of bullying, and demands for conformity, or else, and they call loners a problem?!?!? Some others, at least, see the truth. Those in control fear those they cannot control, which are the loners, so loners are treated as "bad". Plus, the group-think types can't handle rejection, and know, deep down, that most of the introverts are actually smarter, and that really bums them out. So, they resort to bullying, labels, threats, etc, to try and regain that false sense of superiority they have from being in their group.

Sad, really!!

The simple truth is, a lot of people just aren't worth the bother. Some posters know this. I had friends growing up, and also times when I didn't have as many, because of the same sort of people trolling this thread. Too quiet? Wear glasses? Target!! Don't want or need "friends" of that sort, thanks!! Real friends aren't like that, and these social butterfly types likely don't know what a real friend is. I've done the social bit as an adult, too, hanging out with coworkers, going out and doing things, etc. The right people, and that's great. The wrong ones? I'll pass, thanks!! Have had coworkers that were worse than a clique in school, too. No need to socialize with them! Nor a need for the fake sort, that virtue-signal and pretend, while inwardly feeling all smug and superior. Now, give me a group that thinks, that can discuss books and movies I like, or "fringe" topics of the sort I find interesting, and I am there!! Few and far between, those! The ones I know now are all distant, but still considered friends. Where we live? No one around I care to hang out with other than family. Neighbors keep to themselves, which is fine with me, and too busy at home to go out looking for someone just to hang out. Some very good old friends, whom I seldom see, but who are there if needed, and will ALWAYS be friends.

So, anyone who wishes can assign a "loner" label; I don't care. I'll take that over the herd mentality of the average person, any day. Funny, isn't it, that those who toss around a "sheeple" label for loners are the ones in the herd....and that they assume one can't be patriotic or American if they aren't part of some crowd. Well, they are wrong there, too! I am a veteran, married to another veteran, spent plenty of years working, and do for others as able, and I don't need someone's approval, or to be a doll in their "friend" collection.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: FuggleHop

Most of us are just worn out by the chaotic ebb and flow of the social herd's jagged mental energy. We spend time alone because we need to recharge after several hours of mindless chitchat, gossip, groupthink, and value-signalling.

This!!! That is THE reason I avoid most people. I don't want to talk about how much someone spent on a purse, or what home decorating show they watched, or how this or that celebrity did this or that, or what color nails to get at he next manicure, or the latest shopping trip, etc. I'd rather have a root canal!! For guys, don't care who won what game, or which team is ahead, though some other topics might be alright.

I think the longest conversation I had with someone not too close was a guy who lived near where we used to, who was actually into conspiracy stuff, and could talk for ages about it. Others that new him thought he was weird, lol! ell, give me weird over what modern society calls normal, any day!!! Normal is obsessing over celebs and rioting in the streets, or self-brainwashing on pop culture.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Loners really don't have a place in modern society

What about freedom? Though I do think that people should be at least somewhat social.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

You were busy with other posts, to be fair! For me, too, loner though I am, I am also very protective, so it's a natural response!! Plus, I lost one friend, who chose to stay with a controlling type and reject all sound advice, and know how badly it can affect someone.

Wow...reading through some of the comments.....

I wonder, do the two who are so set on being extroverts and pumping themselves up, realize how they sound? Admissions of bullying, and demands for conformity, or else, and they call loners a problem?!?!? Some others, at least, see the truth. Those in control fear those they cannot control, which are the loners, so loners are treated as "bad". Plus, the group-think types can't handle rejection, and know, deep down, that most of the introverts are actually smarter, and that really bums them out. So, they resort to bullying, labels, threats, etc, to try and regain that false sense of superiority they have from being in their group.

Sad, really!!

The simple truth is, a lot of people just aren't worth the bother. Some posters know this. I had friends growing up, and also times when I didn't have as many, because of the same sort of people trolling this thread. Too quiet? Wear glasses? Target!! Don't want or need "friends" of that sort, thanks!! Real friends aren't like that, and these social butterfly types likely don't know what a real friend is. I've done the social bit as an adult, too, hanging out with coworkers, going out and doing things, etc. The right people, and that's great. The wrong ones? I'll pass, thanks!! Have had coworkers that were worse than a clique in school, too. No need to socialize with them! Nor a need for the fake sort, that virtue-signal and pretend, while inwardly feeling all smug and superior. Now, give me a group that thinks, that can discuss books and movies I like, or "fringe" topics of the sort I find interesting, and I am there!! Few and far between, those! The ones I know now are all distant, but still considered friends. Where we live? No one around I care to hang out with other than family. Neighbors keep to themselves, which is fine with me, and too busy at home to go out looking for someone just to hang out. Some very good old friends, whom I seldom see, but who are there if needed, and will ALWAYS be friends.

So, anyone who wishes can assign a "loner" label; I don't care. I'll take that over the herd mentality of the average person, any day. Funny, isn't it, that those who toss around a "sheeple" label for loners are the ones in the herd....and that they assume one can't be patriotic or American if they aren't part of some crowd. Well, they are wrong there, too! I am a veteran, married to another veteran, spent plenty of years working, and do for others as able, and I don't need someone's approval, or to be a doll in their "friend" collection.

You're like my wife. Good woman. Bravo.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I will forever respect you from this day forward, no matter what you say. Good woman. Bravo. Thank you for being brilliant.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Loners really don't have a place in modern society.

You are correct; because modern society is insane on destroying the planet. A society which changed from Christian principles to selfish and luciferian ones which is all about "me me me" instead of what is going on in the planet as a whole.

A society that bends over to corporations and the illusion of government ruled by said corporations. (Which are shredding the constitution which allows for our freedoms.)

Strong evidences suggest that society as we live it is insane. So, as someone who follows God's commandments.
I have no place in your insane society. And frankly I will not take part in a system of Death.

And still, I'd report a loner if I saw one.

Report me for being sane. Do it,

Also, there is something called the constitution. Which is based on the RIGHT to be left ALONE. Going against the bill of rights is also treason. (just a friendly reminder.) so maybe it is I who should report you for trespassing on my rights and going against the law of the land?

The constitution is based on Christian principles I.E natural law. thou shall not kill, steal or lie.
It just so happens that your current beloved society and politicians kill, steal and lie.

I have no place in that insanity. So you can keep it.

edit on th2017000000Mondayth000000Mon, 08 May 2017 19:59:40 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoMon, 08 May 2017 19:59:40 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Pretty much sums up my feelings. I talk to people, just not many. I haven't found many who could carry what I would consider a decent conversation, frankly. It's nothing against them per se. I'm just different.
edit on 8-5-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Well indeed we can wonder why it is. Upbringing mabey. Negligent parents.

If I saw a loner Id report them. Nothing screams out "suspicious" more than a loner.

Don't be a smug jackass thinking you got the winning know-it-all comment, the all-encompassing personality description is called Introvert, of which there are varying degrees. Even have a poster here by that handle, I'm sure you've met him. A loner is one of many flavors of introvert. Nothing is illegal or abusive about that, and personally, being an introvert myself who prefers others leave me TF alone unless something's on fire or someone's dying (in other words, a loner) I take offense to the "I'd report a loner" chest thumping.

Well you know, if we look and pay attention, its not really the loner but the weirdo uptight strange acting person.....avoids eye contact ect. Not just loner. Grizzly Adams was a loner to the wilderness. But a great guy.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Gotta call it what it is: "Bullying".

A couple of amateur dingle-berries stepped out of the Peanut-Gallery, when they saw an open door.
They made a quick inside Rolodex-check: "Are loners protected by any kind of politically-correct don't disrespect them in public kind of deal"?
Not at all! The idea of having an outspoken loner self-protection group, is silly, and funny.

So: loners and introverts are free-game!! Bring on the amateur hecklers! It's the easiest place for a young bully to practice his crap, oops, craft: Picking on a loose-group of unassociated people, whom no strong group will stand-up to protect.

To all of the bullies: please get help.

To all loners, introverts, and every person reading this: Peace and blessings.

(Joke: Imagine in a Steven Wright voice; " Started a loner support group. Nobody came").

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

That joke actually spells alot of truths. I wont deny the obvious serial killers who become loners. For them it's obvious; since noone would hang out with them. They have no choice but to reap their loneliness for what they have done.

However; as a threat to society as a whole; the thought is laughable for one reason. A threat needs an organized group working together to achieve their ultimate goals. They usually have leaders and order followers. This sets the stage for criminal dictatorships if they had their way.

Now this I see as a real threat to "society."

If someone is gonna blast a big bomb in a government building; they usually have help or insiders to provide them with that help. Which means they would be the opposite of loners.

A good investigator searches all possibilities from every angle; including psychological ones. Not everything is black and white as mainstream media makes it out to be. (I wonder if I would have made a good detective as a profession...)

edit on th2017000000Mondayth000000Mon, 08 May 2017 22:43:57 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoMon, 08 May 2017 22:43:57 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
If you're a loner, you have as much of a propensity to go to either side of law as a social butterfly. The key is not whether you fit into whatever society you live in, but rather how intelligently you handle that choice. Some cases in point:

12160.info...

By no stretch of the imagination a complete list, they are the perfect examples of what I have preached on this site off and on for years now. Education, or the lack of it, will make you or break you.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Holy crap, I had too much to drink last night. Very sorry for those posts towards LadyGreenEyes. Sorry to her and everyone. Way intense and stupid. Please forgive me.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

That's okay, isn't it? Do the rules say the strange loner isn't a garbage digger? I never said he wasn't. I assume they all are.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Yes - That is what drinking does to people, but I accept your apology.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Um as I recall it was Rambo that started it all by not doing what he was told.

And the Sheriff was correct. Rambo WAS a trouble maker. Biiig time.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

a reply to: TarzanBeta

Yes - That is what drinking does to people, but I accept your apology.

Thank you Fug.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join