It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army contaminates people living within 30 miles of Edgewood Arsenal MD.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
My family was contaminated in Arvada Colorado.....yep that Rocky Flats, my dad died in eight years, we were close man......the column was transparent and colorful.....column of plume type looking deal. That was the famous 1957 disaster.....September 11, 1957....they also after that stored 40,000 barrels in the open and they rusted through

edit on 7-5-2017 by GBP/JPY because: Coz

edit on 7-5-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: rjbaggins
Thanks buddy. I'm sure if anybody cares they will. It is really interesting and very embarrassing to the Government a reply to: intrptr

No spit. I just read the document you uploaded and it covers exactly what you were saying.

Particularly scary is the idea of open pit burning as a method of disposal. Not only but igniting explosive charges to open the drums and or munitions containing VX (a nerve agent) would throw some live unburned agent into the heat column from ignition to drift downwind, ending up, wherever.

At that concentration it won't kill but could produce ailments like you report, uncontrollable spasms relate to nerve misfires, VX is a nerve agent.

Particularly sad is they can't diagnose you with a cause, because the DOD, like every other time has made it impossible to prosecute for injuries related to development of WMD.

I don't know what to tell you other than get the info out there. Invest your time and money into getting someone to create a PDF of the data you have. It appears complete, unredacted, etc., once its online people will begin to take notice.

Good luck

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
first base I was at back in the '90s ran a full page add in the local papers asking for people that worked at a chemical weapons lab on the base back in the '50s to come forward to ID where it used to be so the EPA could do tests.

yes it was so top secret there is not a scrap of paper left with the location written down and when it was decommissioned they dismantles the buildings, bulldozed the area and planted trees.

When I left in '01 they still had not found it... just do not live near a military base if you can help it.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rjbaggins

about 5 years after we moved from there my wife started developing problems with her eyesight. she finally went to see an eye doctor, about 15 years after we moved.
he sent her to another eye doctor because he said he couldn`t explain what he was seeing.
Both doctors said that she has thousands of tiny scars on her eyes,they both said it looked like she had been shot in the eyes with a tiny shotgun loaded with buckshot and the optic nerves are atrophied.

They both said they have never seen anything like it and couldn`t even offer a guess at what might have caused it.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
That is exactly what I'm trying to do now. Knowledge is power. If enough people start emailing and asking questions about this place, they will have to address the problems. The best part is the Government has no defense in these arguments that are brought up. They did something wrong here with no regard for the people living in the area and then covered it up. The EPA Region 3 I emailed and accused them of not following their own mandate in protecting the public and alerting the public to a possible health hazard. They called me back and had a EPA attorney also on the line and at first they said that is wasn't part of their mandate then. Then this Asst. Director comes back and says "Oh, wait I guess it was" Then the subject was quickly changed on how I should file a claim and what I should do to get it through. The public was left out of the conversation and I guess they thought I was only concerned with myself. I care about everybody that was exposed by these idiots who thought this was a good idea reply to: intrptr

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If she sees an attorney about her condition, send me a private message and I can provide any documents you might need if needed. This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. There were so many chemicals burned there I know there are people who lived or worked in that area who have some strange thing wrong with them and nobody will be able to say what the cause is. They after years of testing me narrowed it down to Exposure to an unknown hazardous substance or it was hereditary. After DNA testing they ended up with military exposure, disease is unspecified. I pray your wife's vision gets better. Maybe after being away for a while it will get better. I always heard the eye was the fastest healing organ. Like I said though if you need something just ask, I'm here to help. Good luck to you both. a reply to: Tardacus

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Then the subject was quickly changed on how I should file a claim and what I should do to get it through. The public was left out of the conversation and I guess they thought I was only concerned with myself. I care about everybody that was exposed by these idiots who thought this was a good idea

Thats why you should make it public online, there may be lots of other people living in or around that area affected that also have mysterious illnesses that haven't made the connection yet to government burning waste. They also would have been told the cause was 'unknown' by doctors....

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: rjbaggins
Army destroys chemical weapon material 17 miles from Baltimore in an open pit.

Open pit burning of chemical weapon material was conducted for years at Edgewood Arsenal MD. It took 2 years of FOIA and my State Senator to finally get the Army to come clean about what they had been doing. Anybody who lives within 30 miles of Edgewood Arsenal might have been effected. If you have some strange illness that the doctor can't really say how you got it, here is a good place to start. If you look in the footnote of this 1 page and I have about 40, you will even see where the Army at the next post over, Aberdeen Proving Grounds sold contaminated scrap metal to the public until they discovered it was still contaminated with V and G series Nerve Agents.

I have been researching this for 10 years and finally have the whole story. I contacted the Region 3 Asst. Director about this place and they said they signed an agreement to let them handle the clean up since the EPA had put this on the national Priority Site to be immediately cleaned up. I will admit they did the best they could. There are aquifers that have prevented a lot of clean up and they just monitor it. The over site committee is the Region 3 EPA people. This is the fox guarding the hen house. I looked it up and they have been in violation and there are extremely hazardous conditions that just keep getting reported and nothing done about it.

After getting myself exposed when the wind changed directions I ended up with a muscle wasting disease. I couldn't even file a proper VA claim because the operation was still classified and all I could legally say was I was contaminated with an unknown hazardous material somewhere in the United States. When I have had to go to the emergency room to stop the muscle spasms I get I wasn't even able to tell them how or what I was exposed to and was treated like some kind of addict.

Since this is my first post after all this time I have been on here I'm not sure if I can get this posted right, but will give it a good try. This is 1 page of the RCRA report that describes what went on at Edgewood. Like I said I have about 40 pages and they are all just as bad. The people that ended up with cancer or another illness need to know that they aren't alone and this base will eventually get looked at for what they did and who was effected. There will be some kind of compensation after you are dead most likely. Right now they are looking at the water from Camp Lejeune, and the water at Ft McClellan. This last base here was where the Army moved their Chemical School so they could use live agents in the field after they had to shut down Edgewood Arsenal for the same thing. You will be seeing more problems than water at that base. They don't even know what they have there.

I have made this PDF into a photo to see if I could post it. Please bear with me here if I have problems. If you need to know anything about this base just let me know and I will help furnish any information you need. I would encourage everybody to inquire about this base and after the Government gets flooded with requests for information like the Region 3 EPA and the Army, maybe they will take this seriously and look at who could have been effected from burning this material in the open. They even just shoved what didn't get burnt into the Chesapeake Bay. This used to be the most polluted body of water in the United States.

The Government doesn't want this information to be seen by everybody who lives nearby because of frivolous lawsuits that could come up over this. Like I said the city of Baltimore was about 17 miles from where they did this and was in the area of concern downwind. If I had a serious problem and lived in Baltimore I would seek an attorneys advise on how to get a claim filed. I would be more than happy to furnish the now declassified information they might need and as I said I have everything on this nightmare base. Good luck and please ask questions of the Government about this place. The more who start asking questions, the more they will have to admit what they did and do something about those effected.

Well I had uploaded the page into my ATS file, but when I tried to post it nothing is showing under the "insert picture". Can I get a little help from somebody please?

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
that's Scarry I live less them 30 mi. From there

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Thanks for this post. I was born in Baltimore City as well as the majority of my family. We now live in the surrounding area. I have never heard about this. This kind of explains why the cancer rate in Maryland is so high.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

vx is odurless, brown with a purple tinge in liquid form and is broken down by treating with bleach. if those docs are correct whoever was trying to burn vx were pretty incompetent

Tabun has a fruity smell though.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I know I.G.Farben in Germany developed this stuff which was then called V and G series nerve Agents. It was originally an insecticide until the Germans found another use.Then after the war England came up with the VX nerve agent and we traded their VX data for our nuclear. After the war they shipped a lot of it to Edgewood. A lot of that is buried at a place called Hog Island at Edgewood. The last stuff we were making was called a bianary agent that 2 chemicals would be relatively harmless until mixed which helped in the destruction of it later on properly in a negative pressure building with a double burner so it was burnt twice or if a munition broke open. To decontaminate a vehicle they would use DS2 (decontamination solution #2) a powerful solvent and for people and equipment they used a super tropical bleach called STB. Antidote used to be just Atropine and now is 2PAM Chloride. a reply to: suicideeddie

top topics

<< 1   >>

join