It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army contaminates people living within 30 miles of Edgewood Arsenal MD.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Army destroys chemical weapon material 17 miles from Baltimore in an open pit.

Open pit burning of chemical weapon material was conducted for years at Edgewood Arsenal MD. It took 2 years of FOIA and my State Senator to finally get the Army to come clean about what they had been doing. Anybody who lives within 30 miles of Edgewood Arsenal might have been effected. If you have some strange illness that the doctor can't really say how you got it, here is a good place to start. If you look in the footnote of this 1 page and I have about 40, you will even see where the Army at the next post over, Aberdeen Proving Grounds sold contaminated scrap metal to the public until they discovered it was still contaminated with V and G series Nerve Agents.

I have been researching this for 10 years and finally have the whole story. I contacted the Region 3 Asst. Director about this place and they said they signed an agreement to let them handle the clean up since the EPA had put this on the national Priority Site to be immediately cleaned up. I will admit they did the best they could. There are aquifers that have prevented a lot of clean up and they just monitor it. The over site committee is the Region 3 EPA people. This is the fox guarding the hen house. I looked it up and they have been in violation and there are extremely hazardous conditions that just keep getting reported and nothing done about it.

After getting myself exposed when the wind changed directions I ended up with a muscle wasting disease. I couldn't even file a proper VA claim because the operation was still classified and all I could legally say was I was contaminated with an unknown hazardous material somewhere in the United States. When I have had to go to the emergency room to stop the muscle spasms I get I wasn't even able to tell them how or what I was exposed to and was treated like some kind of addict.

Since this is my first post after all this time I have been on here I'm not sure if I can get this posted right, but will give it a good try. This is 1 page of the RCRA report that describes what went on at Edgewood. Like I said I have about 40 pages and they are all just as bad. The people that ended up with cancer or another illness need to know that they aren't alone and this base will eventually get looked at for what they did and who was effected. There will be some kind of compensation after you are dead most likely. Right now they are looking at the water from Camp Lejeune, and the water at Ft McClellan. This last base here was where the Army moved their Chemical School so they could use live agents in the field after they had to shut down Edgewood Arsenal for the same thing. You will be seeing more problems than water at that base. They don't even know what they have there.

I have made this PDF into a photo to see if I could post it. Please bear with me here if I have problems. If you need to know anything about this base just let me know and I will help furnish any information you need. I would encourage everybody to inquire about this base and after the Government gets flooded with requests for information like the Region 3 EPA and the Army, maybe they will take this seriously and look at who could have been effected from burning this material in the open. They even just shoved what didn't get burnt into the Chesapeake Bay. This used to be the most polluted body of water in the United States.

The Government doesn't want this information to be seen by everybody who lives nearby because of frivolous lawsuits that could come up over this. Like I said the city of Baltimore was about 17 miles from where they did this and was in the area of concern downwind. If I had a serious problem and lived in Baltimore I would seek an attorneys advise on how to get a claim filed. I would be more than happy to furnish the now declassified information they might need and as I said I have everything on this nightmare base. Good luck and please ask questions of the Government about this place. The more who start asking questions, the more they will have to admit what they did and do something about those effected.

Well I had uploaded the page into my ATS file, but when I tried to post it nothing is showing under the "insert picture". Can I get a little help from somebody please?

edit on 6-5-2017 by rjbaggins because: needed to add photo

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on Mon May 8 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rjbaggins

Or they were testing it on people. Wouldn't be the first.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

edit on 6-5-2017 by rjbaggins because: duplicate copy

edit on 6-5-2017 by rjbaggins because: added the right photos

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Sun May 7 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: SOURCE IS NEEDED

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Thats what I was getting, since post WWII to present.

Nasty...

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Anybody out there that can help me download the picture that explains the problem?a reply to: intrptr

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Love to, but out of time... hopefully someone will be along to show how to do that.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Thanks buddy. I'm sure if anybody cares they will. It is really interesting and very embarrassing to the Government a reply to: intrptr

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: rjbaggins
Army destroys chemical weapon material 17 miles from Baltimore in an open pit.

Well I had uploaded the page into my ATS file, but when I tried to post it nothing is showing under the "insert picture". Can I get a little help from somebody please?

Go to the pdf url page and hit the print screen button, (on the keyboard) that will save it to the mouse. When you do that, you can go to paint, click the edit button on the tools,to open an instruction menu, click on the paste instruction and the picture will appear. then you can save it, title it, and convert it to say, a jpg. After that follow the instructions for uploading to ATS.

Oh! also post the images ATS address as well...like below, it's much clearer and you can also magnify the picture in most cases.

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-5-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Figured it out. It wasn't in the public file to download. Now it is posted if you look. I have included the most recent violations posted by the EPA for this region. Thank you for your help.a reply to: smurfy

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Maybe itll be like that movie The Myst where the father shoots everyone in the end? I hope not but you never know with army contamination!!

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Great for sharing thanks. I'm not familiar with this incidence but have read about others.

Looks like you've gotten the image issue taken care of, any other help let anyone know, will be glad to help. You can share the PDF link by clicking "insert a link..." the sixth button on the posting toolbar.

Hope more people see this, especially those in that area who may not know about it.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The military destroys us in order to protect us. It seems to be a common theme. Pollution is our patriotic duty.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
When the EPA and the ASTDR went to Edgewood about public concerns and what they would like to see done about cleaning this up, they said there was no danger of airborne contamination. They made it sound like it was all buried. The transcripts from the public meeting at the town of Edgewood show they were lied to by everybody and some people commented that maybe that was why so many people had cancer that lived in Edgewood. It's hard to read the whole mess and not be pissed off at the Government for lying about it. As you can see the area that is still contaminated extends past the 17 miles I mentioned. The whole area was around there was and still is. You can also see the last current violations occurring there. The drinking water wells that supplied the 3000 people that lived there was immediately shut down and they get their water from upstream of this place I think in Joppatowne and trying to get that information is almost impossible. They just want to talk about what they did to clean it up and not what happened to the poor people who were drinking it.a reply to: dreamingawake

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I worked in nuclear, chemical and biological for 10 years and I can tell you they didn't give a crap about who or where they did this. Why not do this in the desert. Look how close they did this to Washington DC. The testing was a nightmare and I still can't get a lot of that out of my mind. This instructor one time told me that VX nerve agent smells like juicy fruit gum. I wonder who told them that? If you smell that you are probably going into a coma and are dead in 15 seconds.a reply to: dfnj2015

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
That was where they did the '___' testing so who knows. The Army called it BZ. That was part of the MK Ultra stuff the CIA did there and Ft Detrick. So you never know who got really messed up.a reply to: FuggleHop

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
My ex girlfriend and her family lived about 10 miles from APG. Really hope this crap hasn't affected them.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hopefully it's past Bel-aire. The contamination seems to be a lot less out that way. The heavier particles were left around 10 miles I would suspect from Edgewood, the finer stuff moved with the wind. They would try and do it when the wind was blowing across the bay. It would change directions at different altitudes though and then go in the wrong direction and it was too late to do much about then. What is in the soils now around that area I suspect is heavy metals and Solvents. APG had some serious problems also. That was where they took the contaminated scrap metal to be sold. They would fire chemical rockets at old military equipment and then burn it to try and decontaminate it. Then it would go to APG and get sold to civilians.

originally posted by: LaWnOrDeR92
My ex girlfriend and her family lived about 10 miles from APG. Really hope this crap hasn't affected them.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
when were they doing this?

have they done this at anytime within the last 20-30 years?

The reason I`m asking is because I used to live in edgewood just a few miles from the arsenal back in the early90`s for about 5 years.

edit on 6-5-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The report that I read said they only did it a little in the 80's and then they finally developed a double burner enclosed building for doing this in later. They used a similar system at Umatilla Weapons Depoe in Oregon to destroy the chemical weapon materials in the bunkers. The problem you could have is the soil all around the area and especially near the banks of the Chesapeake Bay, Gunpowder River ( where I was fishing for channel catfish and was exposed by the burning debris) and the water's edge on the other side are contaminated with heavy metals and solvents. That's just what the EPA has said. You can see where the contamination is now from that chart. Those are areas identified as being contaminated and it's funny how close they all are to Edgewood. They also said if there were any range fires, the smoke will of course be bringing with it other contaminants that they couldn't disturb because it would just make things worse. They probably stopped firing anything into the areas in the 90's because of the possibility of a range fires. If there was any range fires I would only be speculating and I'm just trying to discuss what I have in front of me and what I know. I can tell you if you have anything strange wrong with you, I would call an attorney and speak with him. There is enough evidence out there now to back up claims if you can add some medical evidence. a reply to: Tardacus

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: rjbaggins
When the EPA and the ASTDR went to Edgewood about public concerns and what they would like to see done about cleaning this up, they said there was no danger of airborne contamination. They made it sound like it was all buried. The transcripts from the public meeting at the town of Edgewood show they were lied to by everybody and some people commented that maybe that was why so many people had cancer that lived in Edgewood. It's hard to read the whole mess and not be pissed off at the Government for lying about it. As you can see the area that is still contaminated extends past the 17 miles I mentioned. The whole area was around there was and still is. You can also see the last current violations occurring there. The drinking water wells that supplied the 3000 people that lived there was immediately shut down and they get their water from upstream of this place I think in Joppatowne and trying to get that information is almost impossible. They just want to talk about what they did to clean it up and not what happened to the poor people who were drinking it.a reply to: dreamingawake

Would suggest a Toxic Tort lawyer in on the case for help.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join