It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Illegals Commit More Crime? (Video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Do illegal aliens commit more crime?

The common theme espoused by the mainstream media and the political "left" in the USA is that "undocumented immigrants commit WAY less crime than citizens." You hear this time and time again as an argument against controlling immigration into the USA. Immigration control has been a major topic for many years. We hear all sorts of arguments that typically make little to no sense. We hear things like "we NEED illegal immigrants to do the jobs we won't do." We also hear more of the "sentimental" types of arguments, where people believe we need to help the poor people escape their terrible lives in Mexico and elsewhere.

This video breaks down where these myths come from, why people believe these myths, and gives a little bit more clarity to a topic that is muddied by propaganda and self serving interests, IE the Hispanic voting bloc, cheap labor for the crony capitalist system, and weakening the current population.

youtu.be...

What do I think, you ask? I think we need to curb all illegal immigration for a plethora of reasons. In a perfect world, we would not be ruled by tyrannical governments, secret good ol' boys clubs, and people with evil motives. We would have the ability to travel the planet freely, without worrying about how it will adversely effect the citizens of the world. Unfortunately, we do not live in a utopia. Our hard earned fiat money is stolen from us and used to prop up the illegal population. Many criminal elements and terrorists have the ability to move freely through our southern border. Our infrastructure, that we paid for, is crumbling. Our prisons are filled to the brim with illegal aliens, that willingly break the law to cross into our country.

Full disclosure before the "progressives" start throwing the typical insults of "racist" and all of the other "ists", I am a white man, my wife is the daughter of a legal immigrant family from Mexico, and my son will be half white, half Hispanic when he is born in July. This has NOTHING to do with race, and I hate having to make this disclaimer. My wife is fully against illegal immigration, and so is her entire family. We make multiple trips into Mexico every single year. Mexico isn't a place filled with nightmares. The majority of people there are decent, hardworking people. Many of the people that cross the border illegally do so because they are ALREADY criminals in Mexico, and cannot cross into our country legally. Why do we want Mexico's criminals? Why is that a desirable situation for Americans?

Mexico has incredibly strict immigration laws. They also have to deal with their own issues of people pouring into their country illegally, and they do not stand for it.

What do you think? After watching this video and checking out the sources, do you still believe that illegals commit less crime? Keep it civil, and try not to immediately jump to ad hom attacks. Controlling immigration is NOT racist, and neither is calling a criminal a criminal.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I think we need to curb all illegal immigration for a plethora of reasons.
'

I only need one.

No foreigner has anymore right to come here than the over less than 200 countries in the world.

Fair share.

Fair play.

FOR ALL.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I believe there's a certain amount of people in any group, whether Baptist parishioners or illegal immigrants, that are going to commit crimes.

Based on personal experience, I don't believe most illegal immigrants are more prone to crime than anyone else. The ones I've known and worked with went out of their way to not commit any crimes and stay off the governments radar, so they could continue earning.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The funny thing about this issue is that there is no neutral argument. It's always biased "facts" getting in the way.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

As a group, illegal immigrants have all committed a crime.
That means that they are all criminals.

Not all American citizens are criminals.

Anyone need dots connected ?

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Being here illegally is a crime. All illegals are criminals.
Not to mention they are directly responsible for far more
hit and run felonies than citizens of the USA. It's disgusting
how many of them drive off and live with themselves after
running over a chid coming from the cantina. And the truth
isn't prejudice.
edit on Rpm50617v09201700000014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

No.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian
Do illegal aliens commit more crime?

The common theme espoused by the mainstream media and the political "left" in the USA is that "undocumented immigrants commit WAY less crime than citizens." You hear this time and time again as an argument against controlling immigration into the USA. Immigration control has been a major topic for many years. We hear all sorts of arguments that typically make little to no sense. We hear things like "we NEED illegal immigrants to do the jobs we won't do." We also hear more of the "sentimental" types of arguments, where people believe we need to help the poor people escape their terrible lives in Mexico and elsewhere.

This video breaks down where these myths come from, why people believe these myths, and gives a little bit more clarity to a topic that is muddied by propaganda and self serving interests, IE the Hispanic voting bloc, cheap labor for the crony capitalist system, and weakening the current population.

youtu.be...

What do I think, you ask? I think we need to curb all illegal immigration for a plethora of reasons. In a perfect world, we would not be ruled by tyrannical governments, secret good ol' boys clubs, and people with evil motives. We would have the ability to travel the planet freely, without worrying about how it will adversely effect the citizens of the world. Unfortunately, we do not live in a utopia. Our hard earned fiat money is stolen from us and used to prop up the illegal population. Many criminal elements and terrorists have the ability to move freely through our southern border. Our infrastructure, that we paid for, is crumbling. Our prisons are filled to the brim with illegal aliens, that willingly break the law to cross into our country.

Full disclosure before the "progressives" start throwing the typical insults of "racist" and all of the other "ists", I am a white man, my wife is the daughter of a legal immigrant family from Mexico, and my son will be half white, half Hispanic when he is born in July. This has NOTHING to do with race, and I hate having to make this disclaimer. My wife is fully against illegal immigration, and so is her entire family. We make multiple trips into Mexico every single year. Mexico isn't a place filled with nightmares. The majority of people there are decent, hardworking people. Many of the people that cross the border illegally do so because they are ALREADY criminals in Mexico, and cannot cross into our country legally. Why do we want Mexico's criminals? Why is that a desirable situation for Americans?

Mexico has incredibly strict immigration laws. They also have to deal with their own issues of people pouring into their country illegally, and they do not stand for it.

What do you think? After watching this video and checking out the sources, do you still believe that illegals commit less crime? Keep it civil, and try not to immediately jump to ad hom attacks. Controlling immigration is NOT racist, and neither is calling a criminal a criminal.

Yes...all illegal immigrants are here illegally, therefore they are all criminals. The fact in some states an officer isn't even allowed to ask their immigration status should tell everyone all they need to know. Just like the video said in the OP, this is done to keep actual figures out of the system because it would easily show that as a whole they have a high percentage of criminal activity associated with them.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Yes, they are. I was looking at the argument assuming that we would ignore that issue. I guess I could have phrased it "Do illegal aliens commit more crime (other than criminally crossing the border)"

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

No.

Ha ha you can't even answer that way because the answer no
doesn't even make any gawd damn sense.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
People in all groups and of all types are going to commit crimes.

The difference with illegal immigrants is that the crimes they commit should have never happened because they shouldn't have been here in the first place.

This is simple common sense.

I would love for any advocate of illegal immigration to point to one other nation on Earth where an illegal alien can break the law by crossing the border, continue to break the law by remaining in the country, and then obtain illegal employment, all while being defended by a certain number of elected political officials who ignore the laws being broken.

But it gets worse than that...

if you're a Mexican or Central American, Middle Eastern Muslim, or African black (especially if you're Muslim), and to a lesser degree Central Asian, you are the Left's preferred class of "illegal". If you're a White European who tries do what one of the preferred class of illegals is encouraged to do, you're SOL. You're outta here!

Rampant mass immigration by millions of third world non-English-speaking barely literate and unskilled immigrants was not the Original Intent of the Founders of this country. In a 1790 House debate on immigration, the man who would be our 4th president -- James Madison, stated: “It is no doubt very desirable that we should hold out as many inducements as possible for the worthy part of mankind to come and settle amongst us, and throw their fortunes into a common lot with ours. But why is this desirable?”

Good question. I'm a fairly savvy businessman and have realized a certain measure of success because I know how the economy works, but I have yet to be able to answer the question posed by James Madison 227 years ago.

"Why is this desirable?"

It was always the Original Intent of the Framers that immigration benefit We the People (citizens) first. Until fairly recently, illegal entry to this sovereign nation was treated like the crime it is, the illegal alien processed and deported accordingly.

So what has changed?

Why are we even having this discussion? We are either a nation of laws or we are not. We are either a nation with borders or we're not. We are either a nation that places the interests of our own citizens above all else or we're not.

Full disclosure: My father was an immigrant from Ireland who came here legally. It took him years to earn his citizenship, and once he did, he cherished it.

edit on 6-5-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

edit on 6-5-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction 2

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Full disclosure: My father was an immigrant from Ireland who came here legally. It took him years to earn his citizenship, and once he did, he cherished it.

I think it's cool the way the system actually works to create citizens like your POP.
illegals come and wave the flag of their own sh1t country cause they didn't have to
earn anything. It's human nature to disrespect something that is just handed over
unearned.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

I think it's cool the way the system actually works to create citizens like your POP.
illegals come and wave the flag of their own sh1t country cause they didn't have to
earn anything. It's human nature to disrespect something that is just handed over
unearned.

Yes, thank you. It truly p|sses me off to see these La Raza-types burning American flags and waving the Mexican flag on US soil. My guess is many of them are illegals, which makes it even more infuriating.

My dad built two successful businesses in his life. By the time I was old enough to know anything, he was already quite successful. One day I went with him to pick up his new Cadillac. I think I was in kindergarten at the time...

Anyway, before he even left the dealership parking lot, he had already stuck a bigass US flag on the rear bumper.

I was raised to appreciate and love my country. 364 days a year it was America First.

Except for St. Patrick's Day of course...

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I'll never understand why people such as yourself hate illegal immigrants so much since this country is founded on immigration. Every single one of us are only here because our ancestors came over from another country. The only true Americans are Native Americans who this country continues to treat like garbage. But I suppose that is also a national pastime of ours, treating minorities like garbage. Even immigrants of the past were treated poorly, attacked, abused, and vilified. Sad not much seems to have changed in some peoples mind.

So right wingers will say all immigrants who are here illegally are automatically criminals which technically is correct but the demonization only begins from there and gets even more perverse.

I just hope one day we have leaders in our political establishment who make it easier for all peoples to become citizens because this country is a melting pot of immigrants.

But I'm sure folks will still demonize the brown people because hate is hate and it really has nothing to do with being an illegal immigrant now does it?
edit on 6-5-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

You could have said, "Do people who violate national border laws commit more crime?"

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Lol, brown people.

Try a new argument/insult, that one is old and useless.

This is why this country is so incredibly divided, regressives argue with their little idealistic feelings as opposed to reality and common sense. When the "but I feel" argument fails, they immediately move to insults and attacks, because that is all they have left. Now that the "ism" argument has failed, we have ignorant crybabies rioting in the streets against our civil liberties.

I never thought I would see the day that citizens put the rights and well being of illegal aliens above their own family and countrymen. I never thought I would see people violently attacking other Americans for exercising their constitutionally protected rights.

This is a sad state of affairs.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I'll never understand why people such as yourself hate illegal immigrants so much since this country is founded on immigration.

And I'll never understand people that don't understand the difference
staring at them in thier own sentence.

I don't hate illegal immigrants I loathe them. No way do I have a problem with
immigration. And I know you are smart enough not to ignore the unmistakable
difference.

Every single one of us are only here because our ancestors came over from another country.

Nothing what so ever to do with it! How can you pretend?

The only true Americans are Native Americans who this country continues to treat like garbage.

You want to live in the past? Really? I feel bad when I watch dances with wolves too.

Sad not much seems to have changed in some peoples mind.

Okay you're right about this. Illegals are criminals always have been.

So right wingers will say all immigrants who are here illegally are automatically criminals which technically is correct but the demonization only begins from there and gets even more perverse.

I agree crime is perversion of the law.

I just hope one day we have leaders in our political establishment who make it easier for all peoples to become citizens because this country is a melting pot of immigrants.

Immigrants are not criminals! What the hell is so hard about that?

But I'm sure folks will still demonize the brown people because hate is hate and it really has nothing to do with being an illegal immigrant now does it?

Oh yes now I hate Browns. Swills why are you being so ignorant on this issue when
many of my mexican american friends agree with me and despise pisas?
edit on Rpm50617v02201700000027 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Yes, thank you. It truly p|sses me off to see these La Raza-types burning American flags and waving the Mexican flag on US soil. My guess is many of them are illegals, which makes it even more infuriating.

Tell ya this much, they better not want another war!

Anyway, before he even left the dealership parking lot, he had already stuck a bigass US flag on the rear bumper.

LMAO I bet me and your pop would have been famous! LMAO
edit on Rpm50617v15201700000024 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The 'criminals' are Big Agro and Livestock corporations that hire migrant workers willing to earn less wages and benefits.

If you are a grower, who you gonna hire? Big dumb white college kid who cant take the heat wants breaks, minimum wage, a paycheck?

Or the family of migrant workers been working as pickers in the sun for ever, scratching out a living in their home country, now willing to do the same here?

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The 'criminals' are Big Agro and Livestock corporations that hire migrant workers willing to earn less wages and benefits.

If you are a grower, who you gonna hire? Big dumb white college kid who cant take the heat wants breaks, minimum wage, a paycheck?

Or the family of migrant workers been working as pickers in the sun for ever, scratching out a living in their home country, now willing to do the same here?

Don't give me this crap either. There are plenty of legals willing to do this work.
I do site some truth to the " doing the jobs americans don't want to do" reasoning.
But criminals prolly aren't doing those jobs either.
edit on Rpm50617v20201700000035 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join