It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Redefines The Word ‘Fascism’ To Smear Conservatives, Protect Liberal Rioters

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Yes I do. But if you're trying desperately to allude to Trump, he said fake news is the enemy of the American people, which it is. Their propaganda has led directly to division and violence. He said nothing about a free press or the state.

I stand corrected. He called the New York Times, CNN, and NBC News "the enemy of the people." Apparently, Trump thinks he is the "people." Do you believe that the above news organizations are "fake news?" Why? They report Trump's statements accurately. It is Trump's fault if he says things that are stupid or untrue.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

They report Trump's statements accurately.

That's ironic given your errors. You and others in this thread have espoused the same conclusions, that Trump was "declaring the free press to be 'an enemy of the State' ". Trump mentioned this very error, which you likely picked up from the very fake news he is criticizing.

“In fact in covering my comments, the dishonest media did not explain that I called the fake news the enemy of the people, the fake news. They dropped off the word ‘fake.’ And all of a sudden, the story became, the media is the enemy. They take the word ‘fake’ out.”

It appears Trump was right. Lest you seek to continue to misrepresent the president's arguments, I suggest getting his statements from the horse's mouth.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

How convenient.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

You say what Trump did to the press less than a year ago doesn't count. Why wouldn't it?

Actually all I said was that people will damn some and let others slide.

You have proven me correct.

You've proven yourself correct. Obama's and Trump's actions against the press are not the same, yet you'll treat them as if they were.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
You've proven yourself correct. Obama's and Trump's actions against the press are not the same, yet you'll treat them as if they were.

I never said they were. I didn't even bring Obama up. I don't care enough about him to even compare.

ETA: You brought him up to compare to Trump and let Trump slide. You have proven me correct.
edit on 9-5-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I never said they were. I didn't even bring Obama up. I don't care enough about him to even compare.

Then how am I damning Obama and letting Trump slide if their actions are completely different?

ETA: False.
edit on 9-5-2017 by TheTory because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Just by bringing Obama up so that Trump's is seen as a lesser transgression.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Just by bringing Obama up so that Trump's is seen as a lesser transgression.

The poster I was posting to alluded to Trump to make a case about him being fascistic, and I alluded to the fact that past presidents were far worse.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

ETA: False.

No, it is true. Why even bring Obama up. Why act like Trump's actions against the press during the campaign don't count because he was president?

It isn't even just about the press, although that is what the post that started this tangent focused on.

My point is about people defending their side. That is what you are doing.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

My point is about people defending their side. That is what you are doing.

That's how arguments work. Opponents make cases for and against certain positions. I'm not going to defend your side, especially when it was far worse.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

That's how arguments work. Opponents make cases for and against certain positions. I'm not going to defend your side, especially when it was far worse.

I don't have a side.

Trying to make your position look better by pointing out someone else's doesn't really change where you are standing.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power." Benito Mussolini
It seems that Mussolini never actually said that.

I do believe it is the best definition of fascism.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I don't have a side.

Trying to make your position look better by pointing out someone else's doesn't really change where you are standing.

I highly doubt that.

The difference is is I make where I stand no secret.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I highly doubt that.

Makes no difference what you believe.

The difference is is I make where I stand no secret.

Neither do I.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Then we'll stick to the facts.

There are many more left-wing positions in the Fascist Manifesto than there are left-wing positions. Is that true?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

That's ironic given your errors. You and others in this thread have espoused the same conclusions, that Trump was "declaring the free press to be 'an enemy of the State' ". Trump mentioned this very error, which you likely picked up from the very fake news he is criticizing.

Please note that, like the New York Times and other reputable sources, I acknowledged my error and corrected it. Donald Trump doubles down on his lies and blames them on others.

Do you place legitimate news media like the New York Times at the same level as the clickbait "fake news" that so many Trump supporters believe? You still haven't answered that, exactly. What sources do you consider "legitimate," and what actions do you suggest the President take against those news sources that, in his opinion, are "fake?"

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Then we'll stick to the facts.

There are many more left-wing positions in the Fascist Manifesto than there are left-wing positions. Is that true?

How ironic that a Monarchist is decrying liberal democracy by comparing it to Fascism. You are a Monarchist, I trust. You do not call yourself The Whig.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I don't know what you consider left-wing positions and I have not counted what or how many positions are in the Manifesto.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Please note that, like the New York Times and other reputable sources, I acknowledged my error and corrected it. Donald Trump doubles down on his lies and blames them on others.

Do you place legitimate news media like the New York Times at the same level as the clickbait "fake news" that so many Trump supporters believe? You still haven't answered that, exactly. What sources do you consider "legitimate," and what actions do you suggest the President take against those news sources that, in his opinion, are "fake?"

I'm glad you did. Yet you hadn't acknowledged your error until I mentioned it, long after you and many others implied Trump's non-existent statements were fascistic. The error was such a simple one that it shouldn't have happened in the first place and is a breach of journalistic ethics.

I do not consider "legitimate" news media to be fake news. Each story should be accepted on its own merit. but there is no doubt that they influence elections and poison minds more than the little stories deemed fake news by, well, the "legitimate news".

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

How ironic that a Monarchist is decrying liberal democracy by comparing it to Fascism. You are a Monarchist, I trust. You do not call yourself The Whig.

There is an argument to be had in favour of constitutional monarchies. They have higher standard of living than their non-monarchy brethren. But no, I'm not a monarchist.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join