It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UC Berkeley Award Winner Suggests Celebrating Cinco De Mayo By Beating The S*** Out Of White People

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

You're assuming you know my position on everything.

You're assuming that I don't defend people I don't like, something I have a decent track record on ATS for actually.

It won't kill you, and will actually make you stronger I promise. Just an observation and I'm being sincere when I say it will help you in the long run.

Wow. You have no idea how strong I am. Spare us your presumed wisdom.

It's getting tiring debating against full blown partisan.

Poor put upon you.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I need to look no further than this thread right here to know you are unable to defend somebody you hate.

And I'm not calling you weak either. There is always room to grow, I'm sure you can agree with that.

Anyways, do you I guess..

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Because I don't defend Trumps grabbing problem?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I would, however, consider it wise for such people to become more active in speaking out against such shenanigans. 

They have. They protested after Ann decided not to speak there. So there's that. Shows you who the villians are.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

One tweet from an unknown person (brought here as a child with no choice) versus a public figure who spent decades being a vulgar womanizer... Yeah, clearly I'm being partisan. Rather, you're being completely absurd.

I'm sure there's plenty of actual violent illegal immigrants you can use to justify your anger.

ETA: And for the record, I place higher value on the ramblings of a drunk, panhandling on the sidewalk than the lies that come of the mouth of the President of the United States. Now you can call me partisan.

How did Bill Clinton get into this discourse?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

One tweet from an unknown person (brought here as a child with no choice) versus a public figure who spent decades being a vulgar womanizer... Yeah, clearly I'm being partisan. Rather, you're being completely absurd.

I'm sure there's plenty of actual violent illegal immigrants you can use to justify your anger.

ETA: And for the record, I place higher value on the ramblings of a drunk, panhandling on the sidewalk than the lies that come of the mouth of the President of the United States. Now you can call me partisan.

There should be a law called Trump's Law like Godwin's Law. Everytime there's a discussion about Trump discussion tends to a discussion about Bill or Hillary.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien
That problem isn't just about one side or the other.

Tons of threads around here end up having somebody bring up Trump or Clinton for no reason. Either pro or anti, doesn't matter.

Be fair, both sides do it.

On topic, people are still arguing over what is either a racist promoting violence or a total and complete idiot. Friends, come together. He can be a racist idiot and have been joking or a racist idiot and not joking. It doesn't matter. Nobody took his potentially joking call for violence. It's over. Day's done.
edit on 7-5-2017 by Noncents because: Expanded

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Let's reverse your lame argument... What does it say about you when you will be believe that it's "just locker room talk" but won't believe that "it was just a joke"?

It says I am looking at the situation honestly, I think. Let's compare:

Trump made a statement about women allowing inappropriate contact due to his celebrity status. He made it in private, on a bus, while being egged on by Billy Bush. The recording, which is illegal in many states, was never mentioned until it could be used against him. His response was that he wished he hadn't said it and that he had no idea he was being recorded. His record concerning women includes a history of removing the 'glass ceiling' so many women complain about, by actively promoting women to high-level positions within his companies.

This fool made a public statement about beating people up for no other reason than skin color. He had no expectation of privacy, and made no indication at the time that it was a 'joke'... that came after he had been called on it. No one tricked him into saying something that could later be used against him. His record is unknown, but he is associated with Berkeley, where violence is regularly used to stifle free speech as a matter of course.

Even if I accept it was a joke, that same joke uttered from a white mouth would have (has) been used to aggressively demonize the source (as I believe is proper). Identical wording can be attributed to the Ku Klux Klan. Do you consider the KKK as joking when they threaten black folk? I certainly do not.

Therein lies the difference between us: I will hold the same opinion no matter who is the speaker. You will change your opinion based solely on who spoke the words. Around here, we call that 'hypocrisy.'

TheRedneck

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

They have. They protested after Ann decided not to speak there. So there's that. Shows you who the villians are.

Yes, it does. The villains would be a one-sided media.

I have to wonder how those protests went. Was anyone threatened with violence? Was any property destroyed?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: pteridine

There should be a law called Trump's Law like Godwin's Law. Everytime there's a discussion about Trump discussion tends to a discussion about Bill or Hillary.

The "public figure who spent decades being a vulgar womanizer" fits many. Maybe I should have asked about JFK or FDR....

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Yes, it does. The villains would be a one-sided media.

I have to wonder how those protests went. Was anyone threatened with violence? Was any property destroyed?

TheRedneck

Nope. It was a peaceful protest. Surprised?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

No. I asked if you would point out that Milo was only joking had he said "let's beat the # out of blacks"

Simple yes or no and you instead deflected.

So I'll give you another chance to redeem yourself.

If Milo said "let's beat the # out of all blacks" and you knew he was joking would you defend him?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Surprised? Not really. Ann Coulter's supporters were doing the protesting. I didn't expect it would be anything but peaceful.

Had it been violent, however, I would have denounced her supporters as well. I have no issue with protests, especially when the protesters have reasonable demands. I have a problem with property damage, threats of violence, and actual violence, no matter who is doing it.

Incidentally, you might be interested to know I'm not a huge fan of Coulter. She tends to go off the deep end, IMO. Still, she should be allowed to speak.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Of course you would assume that they were Ann's supporters. Of course.

And of course she should be allowed to speak. Most Berkeley students think so too.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Of course. Who else would protest her not being able to speak? That's a supporter in this case, by definition. Those who protest her not being allowed to speak would be those who support her right to speak, would they not?

Are you saying that all the violent protests and vandalism I see on the news is committed by a small grouo not representative of the student body?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Oh I wasn't being clear. You can support anyone's free speech but that doesn't mean you support their opinions.
Many students interviewed said that they support her free speech despite them not liking her opinion.

And yes that is what I have been saying over and over again on ATS. I and others have shown that already.

The police reported that the Antifa group was coming from outside.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Fair enough. I was not intending to say that only those who agreed with her opinions supported her right to speak. English is such a poor language...

Anyway, if the violent protesters are coming from outside Berkeley, why isn't the faculty calling in the police?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Yeah. I always type too fast. I communicate better in ASL. LOL.

Why they didn't call the police? It was unexpected. The next protests had heavy police presence.

[Edit] I just thought of something. Perhaps they should have been more cautious due to bad experience with Milo.
edit on 5/7/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Go for it, dude.

I'll get it on video and call the cops on your ass.

Multiculturalism. .. Make it easier to control people. What a disgrace.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I thought it was getting bad when our young developed entitlement issues, well it seems the illegals have entitlement issues too...lol

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join