It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UC Berkeley Award Winner Suggests Celebrating Cinco De Mayo By Beating The S*** Out Of White People

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Why would I need to when inciting violence and deportation are enough?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Strip away any personal labels and look at it just from the words said. When you do that and apply the law, it is hate speech as defined here.
"Hate speech is a communication that carries no meaning other than the expression of hatred for some group, especially in circumstances in which the communication is likely to provoke violence. It is an incitement to hatred primarily against a group of persons defined in terms of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, and the like. Hate speech can be any form of expression regarded as offensive to racial, ethnic and religious groups and other discrete minorities or to women".
definitions.uslegal.com...

Was this likely to induce violence? Just the words say it was a call to violence by like minded people to thump on white folks.
If this was a US citizen, I could look past it, but a illegal criminal? How is this fool getting money? What SSAN number is he using cuz you gotta fill out a tax form for skool no? Is Berkeley committing fraud here knowing this? Hmmm

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

How can you attend a college/university, especially one like Berkeley, without the proper information to enroll?

Don't know about the US but over here in the UK you require information like a national insurance number to apply for financial support/student loan, never mind proof of your qualifications to be considered for interview for a place on a course.

At least that's how it was when i attended college.
edit on 7-5-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Nobody here likes what he said. Just like nobody here likes that picture of an Albany HS black student and a coach with nooses drawn over their necks. Free speech is free speech. If the intent is to cause riot then yeah I can agree.
You remember when posters from the right all scrambled to defend that instagram picture? I think you were one of them but I am not sure. So what makes this any different?

Do you really want to go there?

That student was a minor... still a child. This fool is an adult, in college. The minor posted a very disturbing picture of two people. The adult openly called for overt racial violence on a large scale. The minor has not committed a crime. The adult admitted to committing a crime... actually bragged about it.

The other differences: the child was white. The adult was a minority. The child was an American citizen. The adult was not. The adult is an admitted 'progressive.' The child's political affiliation is unknown.

Perhaps what I am about to say is overly offensive, but it is what is in my heart. It is said there are seven levels of Hell. I do not believe that includes the basement, reserved for those who would harm a child. In that basement, there is a Pit of Horror too extreme for anyone to imagine. That Pit is reserved for those who would harm a child over political ideology.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Since I am now in this insanity...

Free speech is not a license to harm others. Calls for beating the booty-fruit out of someone because of skin color at a public event is not a joke, or even if intended to be so, indicates a severe lack of social decorum... and remember, a redneck just said that. Taken alone, this would be a facepalm moment, one of those Freudian slips that cause others to wince in pain at the concept of such low cognizance being possible in a biped.

But it is not alone.

It comes on the heels of campus-wide riots, threats of violence against invited speakers on not one, but two recent occasions, an adamant refusal by campus officials to enforce order, and overt support of the illegal activities mentioned above. At this point, I do jot even care what happens to the fool with diarrhea of the mouth; if there is any justice in the world, he will be immediately detained and deported, but that is a questionable assumption. Berkeley, however, should have its charter revoked, its principles arrested and charged with conspiracy to commit violence, every student investigated for acts of violence, and prosecuted to the highest level if found to be involved, all degrees should be either retested or revoked, and the entire campus should be burnt to the ground.

It's time to cleanse academia of this cancer.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You're focusing on the symptoms, not the disease.

In my opinion.

I hope, I would actually encourage people who thought like this idiot, to speak. We can't start silencing people because of "hate speech".

At the same time, we also have the freedom to "starve the beast".

Funding Berkeley to incite violence, to ignore law, is not mandated. There will always be people and ideologies that are the antithesis to values we all share.

Using our free speech to call them out for the liars and hypocrites that they are, is a first step.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Knock, Knock?

Who's there?

A guy punching different colored people in the face. . . .

. . . A guy punching different colored people in the face, who?

Yeah, a joke.

He claims it was a joke. Funny how he's automatically lying to save his ass huh? Most people don't publicly state a crime or their intention to commit or incite a crime. It seems logical that he was not serious.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

It only is logical if you assume his intelligence level is that of an average person.

I think he's a moron with a false sense of entitlement.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I'd bet anything that if it was a conservative white straight white male, and he unleashed the same words except for 'gay mexicans' on the '4th of July' you'd be in here with a 101% different tune about all this.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Knock, Knock?

Who's there?

A guy punching different colored people in the face. . . .

. . . A guy punching different colored people in the face, who?

Yeah, a joke.

He claims it was a joke. Funny how he's automatically lying to save his ass huh? Most people don't publicly state a crime or their intention to commit or incite a crime. It seems logical that he was not serious.

Not at all. There are many instances of geniuses filming and posting crimes on social media. www.theamericanmirror.com... My bet is that it seemed like a good idea at the time to show his compadres how cool he was. Trash talk it may be but some people may act on it. Maybe a visit from the INS will test his mettle. Adios gilipollas.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I hope, I would actually encourage people who thought like this idiot, to speak. We can't start silencing people because of "hate speech".

At the same time, we also have the freedom to "starve the beast".

I am all for freedom of speech, but not for freedom to incite violence. There's a fine line there, and I tend to err on the side of allowing freedom of speech. But a public call, during a ceremony where one is the guest of honor, to beat people up over skin color?

Nope, that's so far over the line I doubt he even remembered there was a line. And then to admit freely, brag no less, about being a criminal? That's not free speech, that is arrogant criminality.

But I do agree that the biggest issue is with those in charge of Berkeley. They are not promoting free speech; they are actively stifling it by complacently allowing violence to target only selected speakers. This emboldens others, like this fool, who then feel they have no societal bounds but are above the law. Their crime is not just 'hate speech,' but a direct attack on the jntegrity and ability of academia in general. Berkeley has become an embarrassment to every college that ever existed to promote higher learning. Were I to ever open another company, a degree from Berkeley would be an instant disqualification for employment.

I have received honors at my school, and have spoken on some of those occasions. Were I to state an unpopular opinion, I would expect the school officials to sit there, albeit uncomfortably, and show me the honor of listening. That is how new ideas are advanced. Were I to call for violence, I would expect my mic to be turned off, be ushered from the stage by force if necessary, be severely disciplined and lose my award, perhaps be expelled from the college, and possibly be arrested and charged with inciting a riot.

Berkeley regularly defends violence as long as it is toward opinions they do not agree with. That's actually a larger issue than just stifling free speech; it is a crime against humanity.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The Left makes me an enemy. I don't choose to be.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
i don't give to figs about what he said yes it was wrong and had no business at berkely guess what else has no business at berkely him .how is a federally funded university allowed to let illegal aliens knowingly into there campus for classes? he is getting an award in leadership for helping other illegals attending school to gain FINACIAL AID and legal aid . if berkely helping illegals to get finacial aid so they can get extra tutition in their pockets that is grand theft and fraud. if they doing so in an organized system that is racketeering. how many illegal alien students have they allowed to attend school over the years? how many Americans were turned away to make room for these illegal immigrants?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

It wasn't a "public call" during the ceremony. It was a twitter post. He locked his twitter account since that stupid article.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

OK, my bad.

Still, even a Twitter post shows exactly how badly Berkeley is messed up by giving an award to someone that hateful. Do you really think if he doesn't tweet it any more, it means he no longer believes it?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Don't know if he still tweets about it since we can't read them anymore. Only followers can read them.
But anyway there are thousands and thousands of worse posts than this and the author decided to pick him because it's about Berkeley.

edit on 5/7/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Me first, me first! I'm a white guy me first!
Big time cracker here. Honky honk.

White boy here!

edit on Rpm50717v58201700000009 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Don't know if he still tweets about it since we can't read them anymore. Only followers can read them.
But anyway there are thousands and thousands of worse posts than this and the author decided to pick him because it's about Berkeley.

the right uses Berkeley to represent all liberals in academia, and Chicago who has the highest murder rate to represent all liberal city governments, San Francisco to represent all leftist gay people, and Soros to fund any and all liberal organizations.........it's their "GO TO" for lots of stars and attention

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

So you think we should ignore it because it's about Berkeley?

We need to stop ALL of this social networking criminality. Berkeley is just an obvious example of exactly why the problem has gotten as bad as it has.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Oh I am not saying that at all. I am saying that the author DELIBERATELY made this a Berkeley and "left" issue, making us look bad and getting people to focus on them, not the rest.

edit on 5/7/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join