It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make sure to thank the Trump supporters for the upcoming War on Weed

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

Nope.

Marijuana was legal back then.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Nope.

Marijuana was legal back then.

Not just legal, but widely grown for a number of purposes. Hello, Hemp. The stuff the first flag was made of, the Declaration of independence was written on, the constitution.

While I "thank" Trump supporters every day for a number of disasters, I'm pretty sure Trump's "War on Weed", like everything else he has proposed, will be an epic failure. For starters, congress a;ready told Sessions he gets ZERO money to go after medical marijuana. When it comes to recreational pot, he will have about as much success there.

Seven states that I know of fully legalized recreational pot. The amount of revenue they are making from the sales and taxes is big. Those states can also laugh off threats of losing federal funding as a result. The court battles and state rebellions are what will be the most epic, however, should Sessions think he's going in and shutting everything down.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Legal recreation and medical states aren't going to go down easy. Especially in Washington State, too much at stake from taxes to employment. Let alone a whole lot of marginalized Trump voters were/are Libertarian but voted GOP for him are not going to be very happy about this. This state is looking into Hemp growing legalization now and many other new local laws on the horizon to benefit the state as a whole.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

The way I see it is that pots become legal in so many states because King Obama wanted to dumb down america. Make them a passive bunch of chip munchers.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Don't break the law and you'll have nothing to worry about. We're a nation of laws or we aren't. If you don't like it, vote. But don't be a criminal.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon
Don't break the law and you'll have nothing to worry about. We're a nation of laws or we aren't. If you don't like it, vote. But don't be a criminal.
Hey RedDragon, here in Texas though, I speak for my bunch anyway....

We just see God giving us places to go guerrilla, not a problem when ya don't feel a shortage.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508
I hereby assert that your prediction of a medical marijuana crackdown not only will never manifest, but more and more states will legalize it, even for recreational. And not only that, a possible rescheduling for 2018 elections.

Mark my words, and write them down. Most of the dramatized predictions on Trump's policies have ended up being dis-proven. Like the recent theory that a religious executive order was going to legalize personal discrimination, and ended up being merely a free speech decree removing tax penalties.

Or the belief that he would still fast track the TPP, and ended up killing it on day one. I could keep going, but I don't really need to. So go ahead and bookmark this post for your calendar, and see if I am closer to reality than you are in a year.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

The way I see it is that pots become legal in so many states because King Obama wanted to dumb down america. Make them a passive bunch of chip munchers.

Then why was Marijuana made illegal after prohibition to keep DEA jobs?

Your argument just doesn't make sense.

The studs that formed our country had no problem with freedom. It was legal then.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This is so far down the list of things I care about it's not even funny. Let's take care of our big problems first (which trump is doing) then we can worry about dumb little things like marijuana. (Don't get me wrong, the drug war needs some MAJOR alterations or maybe even outright disbanding.)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

The way you see it comes from a position of ignorance on the subject matter, as well as an ignorance of history.

States legalized it for a number of sane, logical reasons. The biggest being, their citizens took a public vote on the matter, and those citizens voted in favor of legalization and taxation. Because they decided law enforcement had better things to be doing than busting and ticketing hippies. Most of those people weren't marijuana users, nor are they now.

They are simply Americans who practice what they preached. Freedom for all, and keep the government out of people's personal lives. They voted away a stupid law and replaced it with a functioning one. Like good Americans do.

And Obama didn't go after them because at least, Obama was smart enough not to. He knew such a move would be stupid, result in a major federal fight he simply could not handle, nor cared to. So he left it alone.

Trump and Sessions are clearly not so smart. That's ok, they are about to get educated real quick.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

True.

What is truly unbelievable is the opiod crisis lack of discussion of cause. The fact that dr's and health care could be a major contributor isn't exciting enough I guess?

Scary stuff

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Absolutely. There's a reason discussion of the cause is hush, hush.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

LOOK ACE, I just got banNed because a buddy DIED when I ran out and the election began to EXCEED the whole mess anyway. I'M fine with YOUR choices AND BY GOD you'd BEST be fine with MINE.
I'M a legacy user and I can DEBATE quite well.

edit on 7-5-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Like I said we don't have the ability to know how these folks got their pain pills, what is in them, who has the patents, who prescribed them, or any other information, until we can travel through black holes, we may never know how pain medication became a national emergency.

Sarcasm in case it wasn't obvious

edit on 7-5-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Um no my argument makes perfect sense. My argument is that pots become legal in so many states because King Obama wanted to dumb down america. That makes perfect sense.

What might be confusing to you is that pot was once legal, but then it was made illegal after prohibition to keep dea jobs.

That's got nothing to do with my argument, which still makes perfect sense.

I guess what confuses you is that pot was once legal then it became illegal.

Which has nothing to do with Obama.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Yes, but always think people who are opposed to legalization are ignorant.

But of course pot smokers are inclined to believe almost anything.

Because smoking pot hinders there ability to think critically.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Which is why the majority of people who voted legalization were non-marijuana users. Most of the potheads stayed home, you know?

Once again, your theory falls flat on all accounts.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

What are ya INFANTRY or something?
JUST tol YA I am NOT as described ,IT SLOWS down my brain so I can think more like YOU, paint good work and RELAX.
Although it seldom shows here THIS IS relaxed.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Um no my argument makes perfect sense. My argument is that pots become legal in so many states because King Obama wanted to dumb down america. That makes perfect sense.

What might be confusing to you is that pot was once legal, but then it was made illegal after prohibition to keep dea jobs.

That's got nothing to do with my argument, which still makes perfect sense.

I guess what confuses you is that pot was once legal then it became illegal.

Which has nothing to do with Obama.

Can you share were Washington State and Colorado had the go ahead from Obama and the Feds for legalization?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Oh, what's the excuse here because this rhetoric isn't thinking critically. Too many Bud Lights?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join