It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make sure to thank the Trump supporters for the upcoming War on Weed

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: TinySickTears

I wasn't quoting you saying that, I was just using sarcasm to joke with you about how silly the arguments have been.

It's pretty simple where the real drug crisis came from. Congress and the medical industry. Yet where is the discussion? Where are the drug busts?

Sorry man I have a weird sense of humor. I agree with you here.

My sense of humour is out there too. I just didn't read it as sarcasm. Sometimes it's hard to tell. But yeah the arguments are lame

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
It's getting real old people assuming because you didn't support Trump that you are a Hillary supporter. I get tagged with that BS constantly. I voted for Gov. Gary. Please pay attention.....

Yup but I guess that's what to be expected when everyone is stuck in this binary frame of mind.
Because I'm critical of Trump I must be a Hillary supporter. Give me a break there where other options besides the two lame stream parties candidates.
But anybody who supported Gary Johnson or a third party candidate gets there fair share of crap as well.

Meh.......back to the political circus.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm an enthusiastic Trump supporter living in a legal marijuana state (Washington), and while I am not a smoker myself, I support my state's 10th Amendment right to establish its own policy on this matter 100%.

That being said, I have no doubt that Trump & Co have much bigger fish to fry than messing around with state marijuana laws.

It's not Trump's style to meddle in chickens__t stuff like pot laws.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
posted in error
edit on Sat May 6 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
I'm an enthusiastic Trump supporter living in a legal marijuana state (Washington), and while I am not a smoker myself, I support my state's 10th Amendment right to establish its own policy on this matter 100%.

That being said, I have no doubt that Trump & Co have much bigger fish to fry than messing around with state marijuana laws.

It's not Trump's style to meddle in chickens__t stuff like pot laws.

i hope youre right.
im basically an idiot when it comes to the way the government runs. i get the basics.
what im wondering though is even if trump backs off is this something sessions could get after on his own? like his own personal crusade. legally i mean

ive been thinking about what kind of an impact legal/medical across all 50 would have on this opiate problem...i think it would basically crush it.
i will tell you around here there is no shortage of pills on the street. there is not a big problem with people getting killed as far as violence goes but a lot of people have died cause they od.

people also need to understand that people are not just od'ing cause they took too many pills. theyre taking these crazy stong pills and railing them...

another thing to think about is not everyone out there is buying these pills and dying. theyre buying a few here and there. casual. not everyone is an addict. but thats still long term use and thats pills on the street.
if those kind of people could go to a dispensary and buy it legally im convinced a huge portion would be off the pills...
convinced.

i think people have the impression that everyone popping these illegal pills are loc'd out to the max with it. rob yo mama for some percocet. yeah some are and those are the ones we hear about. when it gets nasty or some sob story.
you dont really here about the people that are casual or even frequent users that burn a slow steady habit over years...those are the people im talking about.

edit on 6-5-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I think one of the main issues is the concept that making something illegal does.. well.. anything in regards to "fixing" a problem.

All it does is shift the market, and who profits from that market. That's it.

This is a fundamental issue with anything from cannabis to guns. I think many project their own experiences and morality onto the situation. Meaning, since "they" would struggle to find "X" if it were illegal, then surely, that means its more difficult to access.

The vast majority of legislation is done to appease this mindset, but it really only affects legitimate citizens.

Making something legal, or illegal, only dictates who controls the market and profits from it. It does not ever make something "go away."

In regards to regulations, the same relative concepts apply. For example, the steps taken with the "opioid epidemic" tend to only affect legitimate patients who are willing to jump through the hoops. However, those patients also tend to be the ones who drive the statistics, giving legitimacy to measures even if they have done little, or nothing, in regards to illicit, "off-the-record" use.

In my opinion, its all actually a very complicated topic. But, morality on a given subject isn't particularly relevant since legislation doesn't actually remove a problem from society, it only hides it from the eyes of those who are removed from that side of the market.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Is he going to TAKE federal FUNDING?...I think WE can TAKE that in Colorado.fortune.com...

I think CONGRESS has a say TOO..www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 6-5-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Good. Marijuana should be illegal. Im amazed so many people think it should be legal.

Heres the thing about marijuana. It makes people credullous and lazy. And passive.

And thats what the USA doesnt need right now. People believing dopey things while doped up and lazy.

Its time for pragmatizm and motivation.

Make america great again doesnt include a caveot for being stoned and lazy.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

Right and it makes white women lay down with jungle men too.

Funny I teach judo, sambo, wrestling and some catch wrestling at an mma gym. Lots of athletes use cannabis. Ones that get punched in the face for a living.

Luckily not many people share your view of reality.
edit on 6-5-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

No, it's true. Athletes or not. Mary Jane rotten teeth dulls ones aptitude for critcal thinking.

Thats why weed smokers beleieve so much dumb stuff.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I wish Obama had legalized it, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Yes, that would have made things easier, but Obama was pretty spineless on the subject. However, even he didn't have the power to legalize it, or at least, end the federal statutes on it. That takes congress.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Like Carl Sagan, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, etc.

People are who they are regardless of mj

Refer madness my friend. Talk about believing dumb things.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Exactly. And where are Carl Sagan and Steve Jobs now?

Truthfulkly I'm not sure your entirely correct that marijuana actually kills people. Maybe it can be fatal over time - but I'm not sure your %100 correct.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The Rohrabacher-Farr amendment is continued on the current budget.

Link to an article about it.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Make sure to thank the Trump supporters for the upcoming War on Weed

Average Joe will still be able to head down to dodgy Bobs backyard shop and grab his or her desired quantity. Neither this nor previous administrations (will) have any effect on this little social reality.

Render unto government what is government and render unto Bob what is Bobs.....keep government tethered away from Bobs backyard and allow Bob and his clientele to flourish and live happily ever after.

Everyone seems to think that all propriety and rights to this plant is solely owned by government, this could not be further from the truth..........but government have been very successful in creating this illusion for the masses. Government has no right to this plant but they have successfully created unfair laws prohibiting it because corporations stand to loose BILLIONS in revenue if this plant was fully legalized across the entire economic spectrum - and when that happens, all the crooked Hillarys of the political world stand to loose their corporate kickbacks - kickbacks paid for law-making services rendered.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Dead from unrelated things.

But your really just disproving your first post about laziness...

Oops.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

So you like smoking pot I take it. Well good for you.

But your no bill gates or steve jobs.

Your just a person chilling around on a conspiracy website on a weekend having a bit of a banter.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Look for a different excuse. States are making good money off of pot sales. My doctor said his friend over on the coast is a cop and he told him he has never been called out to stop a fight between a couple of people that had been smoking pot. If you want to be mad at somebody here is an idea. Be mad at the Democratic Party for not letting Bernie Sanders into their plans. We would be sitting in a whole different situation if Bernie had a chance to really run. I would have just prayed that he had some good people working for him to get the military right again. a reply to: jtma508

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

No..I don't smoke pot.

I am a classical liberal.

Big fan of Jefferson and John Locke

And your just a person chilling on a conspiracy site.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Then you agree that pot should be banned.

Why are we discussing it?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join