It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make sure to thank the Trump supporters for the upcoming War on Weed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: pteridine
What I do have a problem with is some clown who is totally baked hopping into a car and driving because he or she read somewhere that "MJ isn't as bad as alcohol, dude."

hahahahahahah

well good thing it is illegal. since it is illegal people dont drive after using it.

i have a problem with people driving their cars around on uneven worn out tires with the belts popping through the sidewall cause "tires cost money dude"

how far should we take the whole it is dangerous to use it and drive approach?

do you concern yourself with all the unsafe vehicles out there cruising around. wheel bearings about to blow out. tie rods on the verge of busting. all kinds of # but its cool to have them whipping in and out of traffic with their front end about ready to fall out at any moment and cause who knows how many cars to wreck?

do you worry about that

i do agree that the same laws should apply to mj as they do alcohol but for some as soon as a person who has smoked gets behind the wheel its DANGER DANGER.....it gets old

can you have 1 beer and drive? probably
can you have a case and drive? thinking probably not

same with the lettuce

can you take 1 hit and drive? yup
can you smoke a whole joint and drive? probably but i agree you shouldnt

not everyone that smokes is stoned off their ass cheech and chong style.

a lot of people that use it during the day micro dose it. they carry a 1 hitter on their keys or a dugout and do exactly that. they take a hit and go on about their day and nobody is wise about it

See my post above on regulation. Your arguments regarding tires and unsafe vehicles are a separate issue, but nice try.

What will happen is that should anyone get into a collision after a couple of beers or a micro-hit, that person will likely be assessed blame. Yes, it isn't fair. In the jungle, the rules were no doping on patrol. MJ can be smelled and a lit joint can be seen at night. If you were a smoker and refused to stop while on patrol ["it's only ONE, man"] you got point and perimeter. If anything bad happened, like you got smoked while smoking, at least the other guys had a warning. Smokers were the mine canaries.
edit on 5/6/2017 by pteridine because: spelling error

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

LEDs have changed the game.

I know all this as a martial artist, believe it or not a lot of Profesional athletes use it as a recovery and inflamation control tool because of the liver damage issues with pharmacy stuff and particularly weight cutting in competition already puts strain on the liver. Granted mostly cbd strains which don't get you high but can get you busted and most of the athletes I know don't smoke it.

edit on 6-5-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

now youre concerned with power consumption and if people are going to pay their electric bill with a load of cash?
you sure worry about a lot of # that really has nothing to do with you huh

and dispensaries are starting to take credit cards. not just a cash business anymore.

what else are you worried about and trying to protect me from?

This was an example of unintended consequences. Cash only did concern me. I sell chemical processing equipment to growers. All natural and organic processing, of course.
I'm not trying to protect you from anything. You have all the answers, of course, and can smoke bales of pot and function normally. No spider webs on your face, TST.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

LEDs have changed the game.

I know all this as a martial artist, believe it or not a lot of Profesional athletes use it as a recovery and inflamation control tool because of the liver damage issues with pharmacy stuff and particularly weight cutting in competition already puts strain on the liver. Granted mostly cbd strains which don't get you high but can get you busted and most of the athletes I know don't smoke it.

LED's cost more to buy [capital cost] and are cheaper to operate [operating costs]. The opposite is true of discharge lamps plus there is added heat generation by the metal vapor lamps that must be controlled. Indoor growing is a lot more complex than most people realize and max yields are in controlled conditions--light frequency, temperature, humidity, growth solution, etc. If you were a company who wanted a quick profit, maybe a two year cycle while prices were high, or a company with little capital, you'd buy metal vapor lamps. A quick profit company would get out, i.e., sell the company, and move on. A company with little capital would upgrade to tunable LED's as soon as they could for long term profits.

I was just using the electricity demand as an example of unintended consequences. No one even considered it during Colorado's legalization process and suddenly, there it was.
edit on 5/6/2017 by pteridine because: clarification

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

i know they are a separate issue. i was just trying to point out that people who do not smoke or drink drive unsafe cars all the time and they cause accidents.
why latch on to the dangers of driving after hitting the smoke?
why not latch on to the people driving around with their tires about to blow out?

i think it is a legit question. of course if your tire blows out of nowhere or you run over something that is an accident and not much to be done. when youre driving around with baseball sized impact breaks on your sidewall though you are being unsafe and putting others at risk.

luthier youre absolutely correct about the athletes btw

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

i focus on the intended consequence of boat loads of money being raked in by the tax money made of legal marijuana purchases.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

So we should have voted for a nation building warmonger in Hillary Clinton instead?

Who cares about the dead people of Libya as long as you can toke up, right?

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Yeah I think we probably agree in some areas. I think some states have had to figure things out the hard way with the opposition not changing gears to regulation but rather continuing to try and fight legalization.

Honestly if people on the anti so to speak side took your approach we would be better off. Mitigating negative effects is in everyone's best interest.

I know you were probably half joking about the users getting darwined out but their kids or unsuspecting folks should be kept out of edibles. If they are going to be sold they should be consumed on site or put in a sealed container imo.

Some of us pro people don't think it should be the wild west of weed.

I drove by a billboard of Captain Morgan the other day,...I also think advertising of recreational drugs is probably not an everywhere in public thing. Jack sparrow or bugs bunny smoking blunts doesn't need to be part of the signage driving into town.

But hey I am prude and getting old.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

i know they are a separate issue. i was just trying to point out that people who do not smoke or drink drive unsafe cars all the time and they cause accidents.
why latch on to the dangers of driving after hitting the smoke?
why not latch on to the people driving around with their tires about to blow out?

i think it is a legit question. of course if your tire blows out of nowhere or you run over something that is an accident and not much to be done. when youre driving around with baseball sized impact breaks on your sidewall though you are being unsafe and putting others at risk.

luthier youre absolutely correct about the athletes btw

If your state has a state vehicle inspection requirement, unsafe vehicles are controlled and an inspection sticker is required to drive the vehicle. Bald tires will get you a ticket as will texting while driving. There are standards and guidelines in place. We have none of that for MJ.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

If your state has a state vehicle inspection requirement, unsafe vehicles are controlled and an inspection sticker is required to drive the vehicle. Bald tires will get you a ticket as will texting while driving. There are standards and guidelines in place. We have none of that for MJ.

let me be clear that we should have regulations for mj

ive never seen anyone get a ticket for bald tires and there are no inspections in my state unless you are trying to title a salvaged vehicle.

i really didnt want to turn the topic into cars i was just trying to make a point so im sorry for that

luthier i am with you on that too. does not need to be the wild west and we really dont need adverts up all over the place. treat it like joe camel i say.
still dont get how you cant advertise billboards for smokes but you can booze. whatever to that

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Does anyone have a solution?

I think I have a real second solution to your first term limits....

Give all law enforcement a raise from the war on drugs funding and transfer objective towards gangs specifically.

I bet we would see a lot of pro police pop up.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Makes sense.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

It is weird. I seriously almost crashed looking at the captain and his sexy ladies and thinking it was a Disney sign at first.

Regulation is best for non an users. People being treated or recreational don't want mold, and probably should know this one will blow your head off, or this one won't do anything before they embibe.

It's just sad we can't do anything for ourselves. It's all special interest.

Your right about cars. I live in a no inspection state right now. It is scary as heck, and the side of the road is liter red with dead cars on a daily basis. I am not exaggerating. When I first moved here I wondered if the magnetic field was off or something.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Yeah I think we probably agree in some areas. I think some states have had to figure things out the hard way with the opposition not changing gears to regulation but rather continuing to try and fight legalization.

Honestly if people on the anti so to speak side took your approach we would be better off. Mitigating negative effects is in everyone's best interest.

I know you were probably half joking about the users getting darwined out but their kids or unsuspecting folks should be kept out of edibles. If they are going to be sold they should be consumed on site or put in a sealed container imo.

I drove by a billboard of Captain Morgan the other day,...I also think advertising of recreational drugs is probably not an everywhere in public thing. Jack sparrow or bugs bunny smoking blunts doesn't need to be part of the signage driving into town.

I am neutral on legalization. If it is done it should be done properly and protect the public.

Guidelines, field testing, and responses by LEO's written into law. How much is allowed for personal use [there will still be dealers of cheaper product and how will any LEO know where you got it; maybe you grew it yourself]. It would help if there were consistency to laws from various states but that is expecting too much.
Users/buyers should have a minimum age of whatever the liquor laws dictate or future research determines. Legalization of MJ will bring cries for legalization of other drugs of choice. Maybe there will be a future where the work day is started with a coc aine patch and ended with a fentanyl patch. We will muddle on.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Makes sense.

Crap better pack our things and scrub the computers then. We are surely targets now.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Yup. Most of us could see it coming a long time ago. Trump and his bitch Sessions

That's where I stopped...
I have a hard time reading triggered leftist word salads anymore. Especially one that is purely an opinion piece. If you can't go more than a paragraph without throwing some over emotional pejorative attack in you lose a lot of credibility. I have been hearing you all parroting this since Sessions was appointed. Yet much like climate change the sky hasn't fallen yet. The Colorado MED(marijuana enforcement division) is confident enough that cannabis is hear to stay they are dumping millions on new IT programs, hardware, and staff. They also sent out an invitation to the new administration to stop by and see how it actually works. Not sure what came of it. But rather than freaking out like many liberals, here in Colorado we are trying to keep the dialogue open.

After all we Coloradans are the ones(liberals and conservatives) that had enough balls to legalize while the Obama administration was warning that the DEA would descend on us like the plague. Perhaps all you on the left forgot how many people the Obama administration threw in a hole over this plant...
You all are welcome by the way.

A few years and a few billion dollars in taxes later here we are.
The protests I attended in the mid-late 90's over April 20th have gone from 20 people sneaking up the capital steps to smoke a duby then running from the cops to this...

There is nothing stopping this!
Sessions and Trump are not stupid. They understand this and they realize the establishment lost the drug war and now have the task of reversing the war the Nixon and Carter administration started.

The money this plant can generate is enough to sway even the most ridged prohibitionist. Yet I don't think Sessions or Trump is a prohibitionist. They are simply upholding federal law and if anything all this will make congress actually do their job for once and listen to the will of the people.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I fn hope so. Sessions is such a union stooge and dangerous. He seems to think we need to just write a blank check for the police and go back to the 90's with law enforcement mandatory min etc.

I support police. That's why I know they need better training, pay, screening, rotation, support, and pensioner mental health care. Sessions seems to think everything is great we just need more muscle.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I am neutral on legalization. If it is done it should be done properly and protect the public.

Guidelines, field testing, and responses by LEO's written into law. How much is allowed for personal use [there will still be dealers of cheaper product and how will any LEO know where you got it; maybe you grew it yourself]. It would help if there were consistency to laws from various states but that is expecting too much.
Users/buyers should have a minimum age of whatever the liquor laws dictate or future research determines. Legalization of MJ will bring cries for legalization of other drugs of choice. Maybe there will be a future where the work day is started with a coc aine patch and ended with a fentanyl patch. We will muddle on.

I think physical addiction and toxicity should be established for all drugs. I mean other wise what are we really talking about?

Psychological addiction or habit is clearly a different thing. You can be psychologically addicted to brushing your hair, but that isn't going to make you drop dead of a stroke when you stop brushing, and most likely not commit a crime for a fix, though that is less certain then the former.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Makes sense.

Crap better pack our things and scrub the computers then. We are surely targets now.

Well, there's no money to be made if drugs are made legal.

Hell, why stop there?

Really screw with criminals and make prostitution legal.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What about the children? How would you stop them from skipping school and having sex?

And driving either before or after sex?

(Edit: I just want to point out the field test for this should probably have some kind of tent or cover)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join