It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make sure to thank the Trump supporters for the upcoming War on Weed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: pteridine
There are now more highway fatalities from doped driving than drunk driving.

can you post some links to that please?
would love to read them

www.ghsa.org... has a downloadable report

This link shows histories, type of drug or alcohol by age and geographic location:
www.drugtreatment.com...

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

The report has been criticized by peers. It's more agenda based research with confirmation bias.

Marijuana involved accidents are not the the same as Marijuana caused accidents.

Since thc stays in the system there is no telling if this was the cause. Well there is a way to tell but we need to provide a standard first. The breathalyzer is right around the corner. They just need to establish what the limits are clearly.

What about angry, cell phone, and tired drivers? We should boost up our enforcement there as well.

The thing to do is have check points where we make sure people who are exactly the right kind of color, nationality, and status level are driving.

Don't worry we have a decade,.. tops,.. of driving left.
edit on 6-5-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

There are now more highway fatalities from doped driving than drunk driving.

can you post some links to that please?
would love to read them

Don't expect a source because that claim is an egregious lie.

As a matter of FACT, it's the contrary.

That poster is comparing the effects of cannabis to the effects of an overdose and being "brought back," by NarCan.

The poster also mentions "overdosing on THC," which is physically impossible (unless you literally suffocated yourself in pot smoke until your brain shut down to lack of oxygen but that's suffocation, not cannabis).

Perhaps reading comprehension is not your strong point. I was responding to a previous post regarding OD deaths slowing legalization of MJ.
The NARCAN reference shows that worrying about dopers offing themselves is pointless. They do not stop doping after a near miss. Maybe they even think that Narcan will always save them and that makes them more reckless. If dopers off themselves that is one thing; dopers killing off others through selfish stupidity is what we must prevent, hence the rest of my post.
I have heard all the MJ puffers arguments about MJ not being as bad as alcohol, etc. The effects are different but some results are the same. If MJ is legalized, will it stop there? What will be the next legalization target? Meth? I did a write-up once on free drugs for dopers. It annoyed everyone who read it because it restricted activities of dopers and gave them the dose they demanded, even if it was fatal. I think the part about selling unclaimed corpses to dog food manufacturers was what really set people off, although that was just a little jest to get some response. I may dredge it up again and start a thread on it to see what responses I get now.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

thanks but i really am not interested in the percentage of people in accidents with thc in their system. thc stays in your system for quite a while. much like the cancer lady just cause you have it in your system does not mean you were too cooked to drive safely.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You would do much better in Turkey or Saudi Arabia.

This country was made differently. Where morality wasn't supposed to be legislated.

However, things changed.

Oh and it's not so clear.

Results. On average, MML states had lower traffic fatality rates than non-MML states. Medical marijuana laws were associated with immediate reductions in traffic fatalities in those aged 15 to 24 and 25 to 44 years, and with additional yearly gradual reductions in those aged 25 to 44 years. However, state-specific results showed that only 7 states experienced post-MML reductions. Dispensaries were also associated with traffic fatality reductions in those aged 25 to 44 years

ajph.aphapublications.org...

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

The report has been criticized by peers. It's more agenda based research with confirmation bias.

Marijuana involved accidents are not the the same as Marijuana caused accidents.

Since thc stays in the system there is no telling if this was the cause. Well there is a way to tell but we need to provide a standard first. The breathalyzer is right around the corner. They just need to establish what the limits are clearly.

What about angry, cell phone, and tired drivers? We should boost up our enforcement there as well.

The thing to do is have check points where we make sure people who are exactly the right kind of color, natuonality, and status level are driving.

All reports come under some criticism. If you don't like the report, whip one up extolling the virtues of THC and how it makes people better, smarter, more lovable, cures flat feet and flatulence, grows hair, and whatnot. Yes, cause and effect is always a problem. People who test positive for alcohol are often assumed to be the cause of an accident whether or not they truly are. Cell phone/texting is certainly a problem and road rage is real but that may not be as prevalent as other sources of stupid.
Before MJ is legalized, blood level standards and field test devices need to be developed and provided to police. The MJ industry can easily afford the extra taxes needed for such.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I agree with you they do....

However, the fact of the matter is marijuana stands to take over huge amounts of pharmaceuticals markets as well as alcohol.

Since congress is run by lobbyists it has taken massive voter and patient pressure to get any action.

And yes there are many less biased purely research oriented studies with teams of pro and con scientists doing work.

Also much of the marijuana is being made for specific purpose. Often times to limit any high. In other cases the chemical combinations are necessary for medical treatment.

As far as recreational same driving standards should apply as alcohol.

Would be a whole lot easier if it were rescheduled.

Lets take a particularly stupid case. The Gov of Maine is going to pause distribution but allow growing. So what do you think is going to happen? A lot of unregulated marijuana is going to be sold.

Legalise and regulate. Including safety. Pretty sure you don't want arsenic in your coffee and even though I don't drink it, I still care if your goods are poisoned. Darwin award or not.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

You would do much better in Turkey or Saudi Arabia.

This country was made differently. Where morality wasn't supposed to be legislated.

However, things changed.

Oh and it's not so clear.

Results. On average, MML states had lower traffic fatality rates than non-MML states. Medical marijuana laws were associated with immediate reductions in traffic fatalities in those aged 15 to 24 and 25 to 44 years, and with additional yearly gradual reductions in those aged 25 to 44 years. However, state-specific results showed that only 7 states experienced post-MML reductions. Dispensaries were also associated with traffic fatality reductions in those aged 25 to 44 years

ajph.aphapublications.org...

Peachy. These are states with MEDICAL marijuana laws. People are using THC as a drug for medical reasons and not for unabated partying. I have no problem with medical THC use just as I have no problem with the use of plant-derived drugs for any other medical condition. What I do have a problem with is some clown who is totally baked hopping into a car and driving because he or she read somewhere that "MJ isn't as bad as alcohol, dude."

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

because people that pop certain levels of alcohol are under the influence at that time. thats how it works with alcohol.
testing for mj is not the same.

quite frankly anyone can post all the links they want about the evil devils lettuce. i like to go by my experiences with it. after 25 years of experience with it i know what it does to you and what it does not do.
post all the links and personal stories of lazy people ruining their lives with the devils lettuce all you want.

my personal experience and the people i have associated with do not fall into that negative propaganda umbrella...

we've had numerous discussions and there are always members, like in the other thread that will admit they have no real personal experience with it(and thats fine. each is own) yet they post all these links and stats and studies as fact without thinking for a second that there just might be a bias there.

how can people post things as fact when they have never(or had very little) experience with it?
how do you really know what it does and how it makes you act? cause you read an article or a stat?

there are literally millions of people in this country that use it on weekends, or a couple times a week, or a couple times a day every day that are fully functioning, productive members of society.
THAT should be all the proof one needs.

people always post examples like the one dude about his lazy kid #ing up and it must be the lettuce right? cant be anything else.

i think these people would be shocked if they knew how many people actually enjoy the lettuce. people they know and people they work with enjoy it. maybe their supervisor and their neighbor.
people think because they dont know about their use that they dont use....
its stupid

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

You have a gigantic underestimation of peoples intelligence. It's very ignorant and you aren't that smart. Your belief that anyone disagreeing with you is a fool is absolute nonsense.

I know that Trump is a puppet but I still like the guy. He's my favourite puppet at this point in time. If it wasn't Trump, it would have been Hillary and she's hella boring.

Therefore, all praise Trump because he's at least somewhat entertaining...

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Obama could have had it classified as a schedule 2 drug w/o congressional approval.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

So do the majority of people. I agree with you.

However this is the situation. Let me take Marco Rubio the cowards position. He wouldn't even come out and say he was against medical he just said this when asked if he thinks it should be rescheduled

We need the fda to do more research to tell us if it is safe...

The fda says we need it rescheduled to do the research......
And round and round we go...except the guys making money from lobbyists to apply the catch 22, they are too weighted down in the pockets to get caught in the cycle.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

I don't think he could have. He can't by EO, and the DEA, and FDA have to be on board. They are not going to limit their intake just yet.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

because people that pop certain levels of alcohol are under the influence at that time. thats how it works with alcohol.
testing for mj is not the same.

quite frankly anyone can post all the links they want about the evil devils lettuce. i like to go by my experiences with it. after 25 years of experience with it i know what it does to you and what it does not do.
post all the links and personal stories of lazy people ruining their lives with the devils lettuce all you want.

my personal experience and the people i have associated with do not fall into that negative propaganda umbrella...

we've had numerous discussions and there are always members, like in the other thread that will admit they have no real personal experience with it(and thats fine. each is own) yet they post all these links and stats and studies as fact without thinking for a second that there just might be a bias there.

how can people post things as fact when they have never(or had very little) experience with it?
how do you really know what it does and how it makes you act? cause you read an article or a stat?

there are literally millions of people in this country that use it on weekends, or a couple times a week, or a couple times a day every day that are fully functioning, productive members of society.
THAT should be all the proof one needs.

people always post examples like the one dude about his lazy kid #ing up and it must be the lettuce right? cant be anything else.

i think these people would be shocked if they knew how many people actually enjoy the lettuce. people they know and people they work with enjoy it. maybe their supervisor and their neighbor.
people think because they dont know about their use that they dont use....
its stupid

Did you ever have the urge to lay down in the jungle and let the natives ravish you?

It happens I have heard.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
People have been going back and forth on the X is-about-to-happen bandwagon too long. Not just this but so many other topics. It's about to happen! OMG! Freakout! Then nothing happens. And nobody talks about it again until something related to it is about to happen again. Rinse, repeat.

This issue... seriously? One day it's all good the next day it's all bad and no laws have changed. No actual changes to anything.

Let me know when something actually changes.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

What I do have a problem with is some clown who is totally baked hopping into a car and driving because he or she read somewhere that "MJ isn't as bad as alcohol, dude."

hahahahahahah

well good thing it is illegal. since it is illegal people dont drive after using it.

i have a problem with people driving their cars around on uneven worn out tires with the belts popping through the sidewall cause "tires cost money dude"

how far should we take the whole it is dangerous to use it and drive approach?

do you concern yourself with all the unsafe vehicles out there cruising around. wheel bearings about to blow out. tie rods on the verge of busting. all kinds of # but its cool to have them whipping in and out of traffic with their front end about ready to fall out at any moment and cause who knows how many cars to wreck?

do you worry about that

i do agree that the same laws should apply to mj as they do alcohol but for some as soon as a person who has smoked gets behind the wheel its DANGER DANGER.....it gets old

can you have 1 beer and drive? probably
can you have a case and drive? thinking probably not

same with the lettuce

can you take 1 hit and drive? yup
can you smoke a whole joint and drive? probably but i agree you shouldnt

not everyone that smokes is stoned off their ass cheech and chong style.

a lot of people that use it during the day micro dose it. they carry a 1 hitter on their keys or a dugout and do exactly that. they take a hit and go on about their day and nobody is wise about it

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I know folks who use tinctures for medical. All the stats are listed on the bottle and the dose by ml. Nobody has clue.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I agree with you they do....

However, the fact of the matter is marijuana stands to take over huge amounts of pharmaceuticals markets as well as alcohol.

Since congress is run by lobbyists it has taken massive voter and patient pressure to get any action.

And yes there are many less biased purely research oriented studies with teams of pro and con scientists doing work.

Also much of the marijuana is being made for specific purpose. Often times to limit any high. In other cases the chemical combinations are necessary for medical treatment.

As far as recreational same driving standards should apply as alcohol.

Would be a whole lot easier if it were rescheduled.

Lets take a particularly stupid case. The Gov of Maine is going to pause distribution but allow growing. So what do you think is going to happen? A lot of unregulated marijuana is going to be sold.

Legalise and regulate. Including safety. Pretty sure you don't want arsenic in your coffee and even though I don't drink it, I still care if your goods are poisoned. Darwin award or not.

Ok, I can live with legalize and regulate. Set limits and provide field testing protocols, just don't let it become a Charlie Foxtrot. It seems that the Gov of Maine isn't thinking too clearly or has no concept of entrepreneurism. There are other unintended consequences of legalization that no one considered. Electric power demand is one. Colorado had a 3% jump in power demand because of the grow-lights. Most people do not realize how much power is consumed in a commercial operation. Banking is another problem. Banks are Federally regulated, so using banks is out. It is a cash only business. Imagine paying a $40,000 electric bill with a duffel bag of cash at the local electric company. I would have to say that the cash only problem makes the owners nervous because everyone knows it is cash only. Maybe this is fixed now, but when I last sold equipment to the growers, they showed up with duffel bags.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

a reply to: TinySickTears

I know folks who use tinctures for medical. All the stats are listed on the bottle and the dose by ml. Nobody has clue.

i know they dont.
they keep posting as they do though

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

now youre concerned with power consumption and if people are going to pay their electric bill with a load of cash?
you sure worry about a lot of # that really has nothing to do with you huh

and dispensaries are starting to take credit cards. not just a cash business anymore.

what else are you worried about and trying to protect me from?
edit on 6-5-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join