It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make sure to thank the Trump supporters for the upcoming War on Weed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: jtma508

It isn't an argument. All I said is there should be a national standard so that someone doesn't become the first person to die from Marijuana and the entire political culture uses it as another excuse to delay legalization..

I think it should be fully legal, but also safe as far as concentrates and growing methods. Like no mold, or fertilizers that have been banned elsewhere.

I never made an argument against states rights. Just that regulating drugs is done federally most everywhere else to at least make a base standard.

Safety for those that are not users is more important. Druggies that off themselves is just a Darwinistic outcome of drug use and worrying about it is pointless. Narcan saves many who then go and OD again. Eventually, they OD and no one finds out until they are cold. Driving while high is a big problem and THC and other levels in the blood not readily field testable like alcohol intoxication. Limits for THC and mixtures are not defined. Maybe the solution after a traffic stop and quick check of reflexes is to impound the car and send the driver home in a cab.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Plotus

Some of us are not keen with having liquid dope on every shelf either, but some things seem to be too big to fail. The War on Drugs surely is one of them.
Forget your tired, your poor, your huddled masses - stoned couch lizards on wellfare. This is your Brave New Oligarchy in action, despite highly indoctrinated slaves claiming the contrary.

The war on dope failed and cost 100s of billions for what? There is no reason to spend the resources

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

OD? NarCan? I thought the thread was about weed? WTF does any of that have to do with the discussion?

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

I take it English isn't your native tongue, but you're post is that of an anecdotal experience.

My uncle is a pothead and a self-made multi-millionaire who (before selling his business) employed about 90 people (and he's high literally all. the. time.)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

OD? NarCan? I thought the thread was about weed? WTF does any of that have to do with the discussion?

The post I was responding to was about safety for the users. IMO, safety for those that are in traffic with those that are doped up is more important. There are now more highway fatalities from doped driving than drunk driving. The poster's fear was that someone would OD on THC and slow the legalization process. My point was that users would OD on something sooner or later and worrying about it was pointless. As an example, I used those that had been saved by Narcan ODing again. This is because dopers take dope and assume any risk for the "feel good," or the "not-feel-bad." Then, I stated that there is no field test for level of intoxication for drugs and drug mixtures. It would require a blood test for THC levels and mixtures of drugs would be really difficult. A solution would be to impound the vehicle of someone who failed a reflex test or whatever medical field test would be in place and require the person to find other transportation or just toss them into the drunk tank after a quick check by the medics for other conditions that mimic drug abuse.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hurumph...like rock n roll weed is here to stay.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
There are now more highway fatalities from doped driving than drunk driving.

can you post some links to that please?
would love to read them

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Some of us aren't real keen with having dope on every street corner. Even more are tired of paying welfare to stoned couch lizards. And even more are tired of the dumbing down of America's children. Pot is not the road to success, despite dopers claim to the contrary.

# freedom, consenting and responsible adults who work full-time jobs and own their own homes - yeah, let them be damned because them "stoned couch lizards," lol.

The dumbing down of America's children - blame it on cannabis, LOL.

You do realize cannabis has been around since the inception of mankind, correct?

Has it only now affected America's children, or has it always?

Continue to spew, "BUT ITZ 4 DA CHILDREN," propoganda - it's amusing.

My girlfriend uses cannabis (non-psychoactive meaning your "stoned couch lizard," is entirely ignorant and inaccurate) for a medical issue. It's prescribed, has no nasty side effects, and is generally cheaper.

I absolutely love when people like you think they get to dictate what is and what isn't acceptable for adults to do in their free time, with their resources, in their homes, with their bodies.

Pot is the road to success? Who has said that - other than yourself?

Telling. You make statements up like that, only to knock them back down, and then proclaim "see how stupid that sounds?"

Pot is the road to success.

Wtf. Said no one ever bahahahaha.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: pteridine
There are now more highway fatalities from doped driving than drunk driving.

can you post some links to that please?
would love to read them

Don't expect a source because that claim is an egregious lie.

As a matter of FACT, it's the contrary.

That poster is comparing the effects of cannabis to the effects of an overdose and being "brought back," by NarCan.

The poster also mentions "overdosing on THC," which is physically impossible (unless you literally suffocated yourself in pot smoke until your brain shut down to lack of oxygen but that's suffocation, not cannabis).

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

# freedom, consenting and responsible adults who work full-time jobs and own their own homes - yeah, let them be damned because them "stoned couch lizards," lol.
i know right. i as a responsible adult have to deal with the fear of jail if i want to enjoy in my house on my time

Has it only now affected America's children, or has it always?
no just now. and it also affects those unsuccessful places like amsterdam and portugal

Continue to spew, "BUT ITZ 4 DA CHILDREN," propoganda - it's amusing.
everything is about the children. thats all that matter apparently

My girlfriend uses cannabis (non-psychoactive meaning your "stoned couch lizard," is entirely ignorant and inaccurate) for a medical issue. It's prescribed, has no nasty side effects, and is generally cheaper.
yeah. there is no point in trying to explain things like cbd edibles and such for pain and other conditions. all these kind of people see is EVIL DRUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely love when people like you think they get to dictate what is and what isn't acceptable for adults to do in their free time, with their resources, in their homes, with their bodies.
thats one of my biggest gripes. i dont need to be told what i can and can not do. even if it is oh so terrible and will ruin me which it wont, that is my problem

i think some people will never get it. they are brainwashed by the propaganda or they know someone like the one members kid that can not keep their # together or has problems and they happen to smoke so it is all because of the mj.
have to blame it on something i suppose.

its very frustrating.

ive been going back and forth in another thread about warning labels on marinol and what they ay. even after posting links and pictures of the labels saying use caution to drive people still are saying the label says do not drive...

i dont understand what is so hard about it.

someone in that thread told me that the warning label says in plain english not to drive and posted a link. i go to it and the link says exactly what i said it did. use caution while driving.

i hate misinformation about mj being out there. people here a little snippet of bad info and latch on like it is the gods truth

good post

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Don't expect a source because that claim is an egregious lie.

As a matter of FACT, it's the contrary.

That poster is comparing the effects of cannabis to the effects of an overdose and being "brought back," by NarCan.

The poster also mentions "overdosing on THC," which is physically impossible (unless you literally suffocated yourself in pot smoke until your brain shut down to lack of oxygen but that's suffocation, not cannabis).

i know its a lie. thats why i asked for it.
i dont know if you have posted in this thread but if not check it out

www.abovetopsecret.com...

same kind of false arguments. even after i show them proof their arguments are wrong they still hold on to them.
some things never change i guess

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I can't believe how ignorant some people are regarding cannabis. If you mention OD in the same sentence as cannabis, please leave this thread and go educate yourself. One cannot OD on cannabis. Cannabis is not responsible for more accidents than alcohol, either. I'm amazed how brainwashed and clueless some people are on this subject.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite

what amazes me is they still believe their propaganda and apparently choose to stay brainwashed even after being shown evidence that refutes their false claims.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

I have grown to hate WEED LIKE ALCOHOL But know you cant stop stupid .

Indeed.

My heart goes out to you and your son and your family. This cannot be easy and I wish you all the brightest blessings.

But cannabis is not the problem; the problem is your son's irresponsible abuse of cannabis. If it were not cannabis, then it would be something else, and perhaps worse. Your son will never die of "cannabis poisoning," for example, but he could have already died of alcohol poisoning. I am thankful your son still has the time and opportunity to learn better and then do better.

However, your son's issues are not mine or anyone else's, and criminalizing those who would benefit from the many amazing healing properties of cannabis does not help your son, but is a crime against the rest of humanity. My son is severely allergic to many prescription antibiotics -- potentially fatal allergies -- but I would never deny others their benefits just because my son can't handle it. Likewise, denying the many non-toxic and environmentally friendly industrial uses that benefit all of society does not benefit your son, but it is a crime against the rest of humanity.

Good luck and brightest blessings to you and yours.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Almost as if they have a vendetta or an agenda. Or maybe their Prozac hadn't kicked in yet this morning.

The person who is blaming cannabis for all his/her sons problems, is most likely out of touch with his real issues. I'd venture to guess he's got much more serious things going on in his life and mj is the obvious scapegoat.

edit on 5 6 2017 by Tuomptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

There is zero evidence there are more traffic accidents. What you don't get is that it's now being scrutinized and checked for.

Same with studies people are now feeling safe telling the truth.

Not saying it isn't happening but the data is skewed and doesn't show clear causation.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Says the dude that starts a #ing post but doesn't include link then tries the snarky GEWGLE IT route.

What cakery, daily.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

4th post, 1st page... the story is front page news. Figured people would have seen it.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Yeah google it huh.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I would guess he mean's federally..at least decriminalisation, that might be better in fact.
Canada is legalising and at the same time criminalising with a bunch of new laws that frankly make not much sense, it's not what the vision was for it.
edit on 6-5-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join