It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make sure to thank the Trump supporters for the upcoming War on Weed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think it has to come from congress. Obama did what he could with doj being told to sit on their hands.

I mean come on, expecting Obama to do something bold is a little rediculous.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: butcherguy

The big question is... Was Hillary on the record supporting the legalization of marijuana?

Her haters certainly believed she would continue the Obama administration's policies. Changing your minds now?

Changing my mind about what?
That whatever she may have said on the campaign may have been lies?
No, I still believe that.

She is just as beholden to big pharma as Trump is, what makes anuone think that she would have changed anything for the better?

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I think it has to come from congress. Obama did what he could with doj being told to sit on their hands.

I mean come on, expecting Obama to do something bold is a little rediculous.

It's a states right issue, primarily. I know, living in Oregon, that it won't be going away. Too much in taxes is taken in.

It really is a cash crop for states.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

The "for profit" prisons need to be filled with somebody.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: jtma508

You know as well as I do this ain't gonna fly, but keep looking for weak excuses to blame people you don't agree with. Typical Liberal tactic. Yes, I want Peace. But, I also believe that if we're going to have a war, we need to be in it to win and the ROE we now have is BS.
This will come down to states rights and the states will win.
No one ever said Trump would be perfect, just a damn sight better than the leader you wanted.

At least you are starting to admit that Trump is not "perfect" . Trump was Jesus Christ himself who could do no wrong only 3-4 months ago.
People will eventually​ wake up and realise what kind of a clown they've put in charge

edit on 6-5-2017 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
MRMGA!

#Make ReeferMadness Great Again!

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I disagree a little. I think if they don't come up with standards for regulating the drug it's going to eventually be a problem. I think the states should adapt their own policy but some kind of national guideline for safety would be nice. Like checking up on bho that kind, fertilizers etc.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

The big question is... Was Hillary on the record supporting the legalization of marijuana?

Her haters certainly believed she would continue the Obama administration's policies. Changing your minds now?

She is just as beholden to big pharma as Trump is, what makes anuone think that she would have changed anything for the better?

As usual, whenever it becomes obvious that Trump is a train wreck, somebody tries to make the thread about Clinton.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
With how America degressed over the past 15 years, I was more than willing to b sacrifice progress on MJ for some real changes to immigration and a big beautiful wall. In don't think they can put the MJ genie back in chains anyway. States that have legalized have seen massive revenues from taxation, and will not give that up easily. Even deep in the South you have good Christian folk lobbying and raising hell about lack of MJ based medicine for several disorders. Even in Georgia.

As long as the legislature fails to fix bad law, States will try their best to go it alone. The true fix lies in Congress, but with a few libertarian leaning exceptions it's a non starter for most of the GOP and more than a few Democrats. It seems police and prison guard unions, prison builders, private prison operators, and big pharma control enough politicians in both parties to stop reform in Congress. Until that changes or the public swings back against it the current detente is probably the best either side can do.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Trump and his bitch Sessions

Well played, I'm trying to avoid having my imagination running wild on this one. Geez, that's a rough ride...

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

The "for profit" prisons need to be filled with somebody.

Luckily the single biggest problem our society is facing is finally being approached.

The war on piracy is finally beginning. Thank god the fbi is pouring resources into this.

It's become obvious the opioid crisis is being supplied with a supply from somewhere else in the multiverse, we don't have the technology to find who is distributing all the pain killers, so we need to go after teen ages recording films in movie theaters.

Hopefully mandatory min as well.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier
Oh.. so State's Rights are A-OK if it comes to kicking pre-existing conditions to the curb but for those states whose citizenry has voted for legalized weeds it's NO WAY. And there is NOTHING in the words of either Trump or his stooge Sessions that even suggests they're interested in a National 'standard'. That's a BS argument in the extreme. Look what Sessions has said about weed. One famous Sessions quote: 'I used to like the KKK until I found out they use marijuana.' Nice.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Does anyone have a solution?

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Legalize it!

We keep saying that for years btw...

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

As usual, whenever it becomes obvious that Trump is a train wreck, somebody tries to make the thread about Clinton.

Yes. Soon they will blame you for not moving on and not accepting that Hillary lost yet they're the only ones talking about her 4 months after the elections.
You can't make this crap up

link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Done. At least in my state.

link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Legalize it!

We keep saying that for years btw...

of course thats what i want too but i am torn between

take any positive steps towards fewer rules that we can get or

anything less that full legalization at the federal level is unacceptable

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

It isn't an argument. All I said is there should be a national standard so that someone doesn't become the first person to die from Marijuana and the entire political culture uses it as another excuse to delay legalization..

I think it should be fully legal, but also safe as far as concentrates and growing methods. Like no mold, or fertilizers that have been banned elsewhere.

I never made an argument against states rights. Just that regulating drugs is done federally most everywhere else to at least make a base standard.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

If you had the capacity to remember what I have posted about Trump, you would know that I am not a big fan of his.

I believe that Hillary wouldn't have changed anything with regard to pot and the law.

The premise of the thread is to blame Trump voters for a particular ill, when the alternative was more of the same.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
And the counter-argument is that there wasn't just two alternatives. There never is despite what TPTB want you to believe.

edit on 6-5-2017 by jtma508 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join