It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make sure to thank the Trump supporters for the upcoming War on Weed

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Since lsd is a street drug it should face more regulations than any other drug, and it should be assumed these people just like drugs. Because adjectives are more important than reality.

Now if Merck had the patent everyone would be on lsd driving around. Even kids.
edit on 8-5-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: pteridine

I see your not capable of thinking through and your mind is made up.

You want legislate based on the perception of a situation rather than reality.

Whether or not a drug was or was not intended for recreational use should have no bearing on reality.

The fact of the matter is the vast majority of drug related deaths from recreational use are prescription drugs.

The stats don't care what you consider or the adjectives used.

Marijuana is a drug. It should be controlled.

It just happens to be one of the most benign drugs.

No hysteria of opioids....hmm mm must be a wag the dog.

Are you paid by pharmaceutical companies to glaze over the real killer?

If you have a ten percent chance of dying on a bike, 50 percent in a car, and 75 percent jumping off cliffs into unknown water which event should you try and control first if the same number of people will try each....

Go ahead and try and figure that one out and get back to me..

I am sure it will be more hyperbole.

By the way my point with Sagan that you misunderstand is that Marijuana isn't the problem. People are. There are many people succeful using Marijuana with huge ambition and goals. Just like there are people who are lazy who don't smoke pot.

A lazy person smokes pot they get lazy, a motivated person smokes pot they get motivated.

Addictive personalities get addcited whether it's Jesus or drugs.

You still seem to have trouble getting your arguments across.

What hyperbole?
Are you confused about what you wrote re Sagan? Krazy thinks that the Sagan story is a success story.
My question remains. Would you propose to legalize MJ as a THC concentrate/drug or a social intoxicant?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I think you have trouble comprehending but fine...

What did I write and in response to what? Let's see how your cognitive ability is.

You seem to think Marijuana makes a person.......something. It doesn't. It simply brings out what is already there. My post was a simple response that Marijuana is not responsible for laziness or genius. That is the merit of the individual.

My point is Marijuana is one of the least toxic recreational drugs of any kind yet faces more scrutiny.

My point is all drugs should be regulated based on the physical addictiveness and toxicity.

Marijuana would be both correct medicinal value amd recreation. So what schedule is that. Do you know?

Your point is Marijuana studies are false? You can't even point out an actual false part just the genetic falacy well a stoner said it...it's false.

So sad. This is why critical thinking is gone.

Any more strawman or red herrings for me?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Since lsd is a street drug it should face more regulations than any other drug, and it should be assumed these people just like drugs. Because adjectives are more important than reality.

Yeah never mind that hallucinogens are about as safe to use as marijuana is...

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Would you propose to legalize MJ as a THC concentrate/drug or a social intoxicant?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Do you really think so? You might want to check into it a little further before you stand on that statement.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I would choose to re evaluate the entire process. It's broken. That is why the majority of people using recreational drugs are using prescriptions.

The current method does not deal with reality.

Marijuana has both recreational and medical use. It should be regulated accordingly. Like all drugs.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

Do you really think so? You might want to check into it a little further before you stand on that statement.

I have checked in on it. Ranking 20 Drugs and Alcohol by Overall Harm

Hell, looking at the link I just linked shows that I was wrong. Hallucinogens (including Acid and mushrooms) and even Ecstasy are considered safer than cannabis. I said they were of comparable safety. Though that analysis usually changes by the source. Here's a HuffPo article saying that cannabis is safer. So I stand by my statement of comparable safeness.
edit on 8-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I have checked in on it. Ranking 20 Drugs and Alcohol by Overall Harm

Hell, looking at the link I just linked shows that I was wrong. Hallucinogens (including Acid and mushrooms) and even Ecstasy are considered safer than cannabis. I said they were of comparable safety. Though that analysis usually changes by the source. Here's a HuffPo article saying that cannabis is safer. So I stand by my statement of comparable safeness.

The Lancet paper has things in there that are not really safety related. One could extract data and select a subset of criteria that would give different results. I may do that when I return, later today. Just eyeballing it over the first 7 criteria seems to have crack and opium leading. One of the problems with '___' is the flashback phenomena, an unpredictable and dangerous effect of the drug. Peyote seems fairly harmless, overall, as long as one does not step off a cliff during use.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I would choose to re evaluate the entire process. It's broken. That is why the majority of people using recreational drugs are using prescriptions.

The current method does not deal with reality.

Marijuana has both recreational and medical use. It should be regulated accordingly. Like all drugs.

Easy. Regulate MJ for recreational smoking like booze and regulate THC concentrate like a prescription drug, which it is. People using prescriptions for recreational drugs are misusing the drug.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Flashbacks aren't very troubling at all. I've gotten them and they aren't anywhere near as mind altering as a full on trip. Things are just slightly distorted for a second then you blink and its back to normal.

How about you post some research that disproves what I'm getting at? Go on. Demonstrate that hallucinogens are really as dangerous as Opiates like the government argues they are. I'm waiting.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Flashbacks aren't very troubling at all. I've gotten them and they aren't anywhere near as mind altering as a full on trip. Things are just slightly distorted for a second then you blink and its back to normal.

How about you post some research that disproves what I'm getting at? Go on. Demonstrate that hallucinogens are really as dangerous as Opiates like the government argues they are. I'm waiting.

Would that be your own personal flashbacks and not any others? This thread is about marijuana legalization not ergot poisoning and Timmy Leary. Don't hold your breath while you are waiting.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

It doesn't really matter if they are misusing it. It's happening and pretending it isn't or saying it's being misused doesn't change that.

Dr's are misusing it as well. Other wise there wouldn't be so much in circulation.

Reality doesn't really care how you label it or what laws you make. It's best to adapt to reality and the unintended consequences man kind creates.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

It's best to adapt to reality and the unintended consequences making creates.

What does this mean?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

It was a typo/autocorrect. It means we need to look at addiction issues as reality not as what subtance people are using. The addiction issues are the problem and where to address. Your not supposed to drive impaired in anyway, whether your exhausted, sick, on pain pills, smoking blunts, or pounding beers. Once you get in trouble the hospitals should do a blood test if there is property damage or bodily harm. Every substance should have a blood tolerance level.

Do you disagree the police should have a way to check opioid levels in blood in the field even though it's a bigger statistical problem than marijuana?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Would that be your own personal flashbacks and not any others? This thread is about marijuana legalization not ergot poisoning and Timmy Leary. Don't hold your breath while you are waiting.

Yes. My own flashbacks. And you were the one who questioned my position on hallucinogens when I said they were as safe as pot. And you said it like you had some secret no one else did. Only NOW, after I've posted a few sources of validating my point, you want to suddenly say this is off topic.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Well you better blame Liberals and Progressives too because Obama also fought weed, and he fought it pretty hard until he realized there wasn't much the Federal government could do to the States.

So get over it, I promise you Sessions and Trump aren't going to do anything to your drugs so you can continue to be a leech on society

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: sprockets2000

Last time I checked the tax money is insane. If a leach produces gold I suppose or heals wounds.

Leeches are leeches with or without pot.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Luthier you are an idiot if you think 1 in 4 Americans are using prescriptions for recreational drugs, no my friend, Marijuana is by far the most used recreational drug, unless we bring in Alcohol and Tobacco

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Its hard for a leech to create tax money when they are living on SS, getting Medicaid and probably hitting up food banks too.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join