It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make sure to thank the Trump supporters for the upcoming War on Weed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on May, 6 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Yup. Most of us could see it coming a long time ago. Trump and his bitch Sessions are getting ready for The War on Drugs: Redux. State's rights doesn't mean anything to Trump. The Constitution appears to be just an inconvenient relic left over from people who weren't as smart as he is. Despite some signs Sessions was going to look the other way, that apparently is anything but the administration's intentions. Seems Trump feels that limits on Presidential powers are only for other Presidents:

Trump also suggested he may ignore gender and racial preferences in some government programs as well as congressional requirements for advance notice before taking a range of foreign policy and military actions.

And on Weed:

President Donald Trump signaled he may ignore a congressional ban on interfering with state medical marijuana laws, arguing in a lengthy statement that he isn’t legally bound by a series of limits lawmakers imposed on him.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has vowed to crack down on marijuana and has dismissed arguments for its medical use as “desperate.”
“I reject the idea that we’re going to be better placed if we have more marijuana,” Sessions said in a speech to law-enforcement officials in March. “It’s not a healthy substance, particularly for young people.”

Maybe you aren't personally a supporter of legalized weed but the fact is, you all crow about the Constitution and 'State's Rights' but you've elected someone that sees himself more as a King than a president. Nice work guys. Thanks for being so discerning in your political support. What's next? Prison camps for long hair?

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Sat May 6 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: SOURCE IS NEEDED

+19 more 
posted on May, 6 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Sorry, no. You can't put this on us. Many of us support making weed legal nation wide, so you're going to have to come up with a better tactic for blaming Conservatives.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Source please.

+18 more 
posted on May, 6 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

No I'm not. It's all there. Right out of the horse's-ass mouth. Screw the states. I'll do what I want and I don't like weed. You can't have it both ways. You can't want peace and elect a hawk. You can't want help for the middle-class and elect a billionaire-boys-club administration. You can't want a Constitutional government and elect someone that walks all over it. And you can't want legal weed and elect someone that hires Jeff Sessions. It's on you. It's on all of you.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

google is your friend...

[url=http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-spurns-congress-as-he-signals-medical-marijuana-fight/ar-BBANjNA?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=spartanntp]source[/ url]

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

sucks big time but i am really not surprised.
thats what happens when we have leaders and law makers that are 900 years old and came up when smoke was really demonized.
its unfortunate but even younger people are still misinformed.

check the thread on the chick that is going to jail cause she had thc in her system.
i guess this is what happens when people(law makers included) really just dont know what they are talking about and seem to be closed to changing their opinions even after getting new information.

ohio just made medical legal last year too.

this is a bummer man[/the dude]

+11 more 
posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: JinMI

google is your friend...

[url=http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-spurns-congress-as-he-signals-medical-marijuana-fight/ar-BBANjNA?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=spartanntp]source[/ url]

Sources are yours to provide with the OP. No reason to get huffy.

Trumps words:

"Division B, section 537 provides that the Department of Justice may not use any funds to prevent implementation of medical marijuana laws by various States and territories. I will treat this provision consistently with my constitutional responsibility to take care that the laws be faithfully executed."

www.businessinsider.com...
Sounds like he is reserving the right, not launching a campaign against it.

+13 more 
posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

You know as well as I do this ain't gonna fly, but keep looking for weak excuses to blame people you don't agree with. Typical Liberal tactic. Yes, I want Peace. But, I also believe that if we're going to have a war, we need to be in it to win and the ROE we now have is BS.
This will come down to states rights and the states will win.
No one ever said Trump would be perfect, just a damn sight better than the leader you wanted.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Do tell me smarter-than-everyone-else David. What leader did I want?

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

If Trump hadn't won , who would have won? (Hillary supporters had a hard time admitting that he did win).

The big question is... Was Hillary on the record supporting the legalization of marijuana?

I am asking as a non user that supports the legalization if all drugs.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Ain't about Hillary. Ain't about who would have won. Dave explicitly implies that he knows who I supported the election and I just want to hear what his crystal ball has to say.

+9 more 
posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Your a snarky lil fella aren't ya. Calm down dude...

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

No new information in your post. Still waiting for actions from the current administration that signals a new direction on enforcement. Personally I think it would be political suicide but that's just an opinion.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Sorry, no. You can't put this on us. Many of us support making weed legal nation wide, so you're going to have to come up with a better tactic for blaming Conservatives.

Whatever happened to the rallying cry of Conservatism: "Personal responsibility?" You voted for that lying fraud, you bought the whole package. It is on you.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It's getting real old people assuming because you didn't support Trump that you are a Hillary supporter. I get tagged with that BS constantly. I voted for Gov. Gary. Please pay attention.....

Eventually Trump supporters are going to have to take responsibility for their ***** up!!!

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

she was kind of in the middle

talked about rescheduling it so medical research can be done and claimed she was going to leave it to the states to decide.

we needed bernie

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

The big question is... Was Hillary on the record supporting the legalization of marijuana?

Her haters certainly believed she would continue the Obama administration's policies. Changing your minds now?

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Nah... to many of them it's a binary world. Either Trump or HRC. It's all they've got. 'If Hillary had won...'. That's the only way to defend their hero. They certainly can't do it on his performance or God forbid what comes out of his mouth.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Jeff Sessions is a union and LEO stooge. So of coarse he is barking, he wants to keep that money and votes. His private prison connections will do well if he can get what he wants.

I don't think it will happen. It would be the end of trump and the Republicans as a whole won't support it because they know the publics views. We are at a point some polls are showing in the 80 and 90 percent for medical support.

Jeff Sessions is just blowing smoke up police unions arses. I doubt he is dumb enough to go against the majority. Especially when it's a bipartisan crowd.

+7 more 
posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I wish Obama had legalized it, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join