It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-BREXIT EU Driving Laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Check out the EU Driving law that is biased towards UK citizens and just got worse today. I have posted it in the EU BREXIT thread because its pertinent to the whole debate about the UK being subject to EU law, so post in there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I accidentally added this reply to the wrong thread.
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Apparently the fines don't apply only to British drivers. From the linked story;

Until May 7th the UK has been exempt from the rules but now they will be enforced.

The fines are imposed on drivers in general. The story is about British drivers because they will be experiencing them for the first time.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Well, I am sure that the UK leaving the EU will balance these imbalances out. There are many areas where the UK has been disadvantaged by EU law and countries in the EU not enacting EU directives.

The EU group-think says the UK were "bad Europeans", yet we are quicker than most to enact EU law, saved the continent three times from autocracy (if you include Napoleon, the Kaiser and Hitler) and are paying the 2% of GDP into NATO unlike the rest (Poland excepted). I think the EU should be ashamed of themselves.

... and they were surprised by Brexit. If it was not so serious, it would be a joke.
edit on 6/5/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Well, I am sure that the UK leaving the EU will balance these imbalances out. There are many areas where the UK has been disadvantaged by EU law and countries in the EU not enacting EU directives.

The EU group-think says the UK were "bad Europeans", yet we are quicker than most to enact EU law, saved the continent three times from autocracy (if you include Napoleon, the Kaiser and Hitler) and are paying the 2% of GDP into NATO unlike the rest (Poland excepted). I think the EU should be ashamed of themselves.

... and they were surprised by Brexit. If it was not so serious, it would be a joke.

4 times if you count the support during the cold war.

UK had to bail there sorry arses put multiple times

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Check out the EU Driving law that is biased towards UK citizens and just got worse today. I have posted it in the EU BREXIT thread because its pertinent to the whole debate about the UK being subject to EU law, so post in there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes, horrible - British drivers now being subject to the same laws as everybody else.

top topics

join