It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth is FLAT.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
A bottle made of a strange hard material fell from the sky.
It caused much conflict in tribe.
I have been tasked to throw it off the edge of the Earth.

The hell you say..
Damn gods must be crazy...

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: asrockk

No there isn't.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Agreed. Human eyes ... although shaped like a fish eye lens ... give us the same info as all human researchers have discovered ... there are straight lines, flat discs and spheres.

We know our place according to those minims.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I really need to research this new application of quotation marks in the current lexicon because it used to denote an actual quote of a person's words. In literature it visually seperates the spoken word of the characters from the narrative of the story. Now they seem to have a new function, that of separating a common thought into a person's own personal definition. So hemisphere becomes "hemisphere" with the quotation marks changing the definition from half a sphere to some obscure location on a map.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

so no one wants to chime in on the moon producing its own light ?
we were all told the moon lights up from reflected light from the sun weren't we ?

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: kibric

we were all told the moon lights up from reflected light from the sun weren't we ?

No, no one wants to chime in on that.
But we can file it in the same place
edit on 562017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Thats not even possible you cant measure the temperature of light. Light wouldnt have a temperature until it hits something. When in the open air radiative cooling can occur, Radiative cooling is commonly experienced on cloudless nights when heat is radiated into space from the surface of the Earth, or from the skin of a human observer. Space is about 3 kelvins -270 degrees on a clear night anything between you and it will seem warmer. The moon has nothing to do with it and works on a moonless night as well. In fact the moon reflects about 2 lumens of light so slightly warmer when there is a moon. To prevent the atmosphere from stealing heat you need something over your head. Survivalists know this already and moon light has nothing to do with it .

It sometimes amazes me how little people know about science and instead of asking someone who knows come up with stupid theories of cold light.
edit on 5/6/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

so your disputing the moon produces its own light
and have conducted the experiment of measuring its temperature ?

I just want to know what the African American in the video is on about

edit on 6-5-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

In fact the moon reflects about 2 lumens of light so slightly warmer when there is a moon

please watch the video
just the beginning not the flat earth stuff

I want to know more about this guys experiment measuring the temperature of the moon light

It sometimes amazes me how little people know about science and instead of asking someone who knows come up with stupid theories of cold light.

it amazes me how little people want to at least look at what the other side offers on a conspiracy forum
you cant debunk without at least looking at what they're presenting

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

In fact the moon reflects about 2 lumens of light so slightly warmer when there is a moon

please watch the video
just the beginning not the flat earth stuff

I want to know more about this guys experiment measuring the temperature of the moon light

it amazes me how little people want to at least look at what the other side offers on a conspiracy forum

You dont read and take things out of context i explained why in detail and has nothing to do with moonlight.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

ok but I don't know who the guy is
and why he was on the late night show if he is a quack

I'm just looking to find out more about this guy and his experiements

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

ok but I don't know who the guy is
and why he was on the late night show if he is a quack

I'm just looking to find out more about this guy and his experiements

Cant help you there i dont keep track of people trying to take science backwards. This was figured out 200 years ago so hes a little behind on science.

misfitsarchitecture.com...

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

show me one of the edges and I'll believe you. Till then, you make me smile.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Wouldnt that be scary sailing along and just fall off the earth. That would be an all around bad day for sailors.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Oh for goodness sake:

2 celestial poles & counter rotating star trails (depending on which hemisphere one is in).
Angular size of the sun & moon do not change significantly during their transits across the sky during the day/night.
Sunrise, sunset, moonrise & moonset.
Obstruction due to curvature. (No, it isn't perspective or compression).
Sunrise on the equinoxes is due East, sunset due West for EVERYBODY on the planet.
The horizon does not rise to eye level. (On Everest one would be looking down about 3 derees IIRC).
If the horizon passes through the centre of frame in a photo or video it will not be distorted at all. This is true of any lens IIRC.

All evidence that we live on a spheroid.
edit on 6-5-2017 by EnochRoot because: additional info

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The most serious LOL.... I have seen lately.

edit on 6-5-2017 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2017 by Plotus because: I was amazed

edit on 6-5-2017 by Plotus because: yes I was amazed people were falling for this

edit on 6-5-2017 by Plotus because: Ha Ha Ha ........excuse me

edit on 6-5-2017 by Plotus because: OH Jeeze, it only goes to show, we see what we want to see

edit on 6-5-2017 by Plotus because: OH LOOK............. something shiney.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

Ummm.
What?

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: network dude

Wouldnt that be scary sailing along and just fall off the earth. That would be an all around bad day for sailors.

Much like how one would say 'break a leg' to an actor,
back then it was 'say hi to the tortoise for me'.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think this photo pretty well sums up anyone who believes in a flat earth, keeps saying all the evidence is there to support a flat earth, doesn't tell you what any of that evidence is and just posts YouTube videos incessantly without tellin anyone what the video allegedly supports or where to find it in said videos while simultaneously ignoring the overwhelming scientific data that indicates how out of their depth they are.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join