It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth is FLAT.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
(post by FuggleHop removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Keep a diary of your trip.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Chadwickus

You-tube videos, dammit... They're the answer to every question.

I'd still like to hear the explanation of Polaris, though. Just for giggles.

If you don't mind a quote, this debunks your polaris quite well:

If the globe-Earth was really spinning West-East 1,000 mph, orbiting the Sun counter-clockwise at 67,000 mph, spiraling around the outer-arms of the Milky Way at 500,000 mph, while shooting through the Universe at 670,000,000 mph, how is it even conceptually possible that Polaris, 2 quadrillion miles away, day after day, year after year, always maintains its alignment straight above the North Pole!? That would mean from 2 quadrillion miles away, Polaris would have to be perfectly mirroring Earth’s several simultaneous wobbling, spinning, spiraling, and shooting motions. Polaris would have to be shooting the same direction through the Universe at exactly 670,000,000 mph; it would have to be following the same 500,000 mph, 225 million year spiral around the Milky Way, and mirroring the same 67,000 mph, 365 day orbit around our Sun! Or, the Earth is stationary - as common sense and everyday experience testifies.

edit on 5-5-2017 by asrockk because: (no reason given)

So to summarize, the fact that Polaris is always above the North pole, is actually proof that the earth is flat.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I'd still like to hear the explanation of Polaris, though. Just for giggles.

I have a feeling it's something akin to Satan trickery.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: asrockk

It does nothing of the sort, but, hey, as long as you're happy.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: asrockk
The thing about constellations? You can only see a small part of the sky wherever you are. The earth is just too big. Can you see dublin from london? No... same 'hemisphere'.

Hemispheres are for things that are round........I thought the earth was flat

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
There are many truths in this world, and a lot of speculation. From both educated people and laymen, And sometimes the separation between the two blur. Eons of time have brought us to this point in time where I can confidently say
"I like pie"

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

The thing about constellations? You can only see a small part of the sky wherever you are. The earth is just too big. Can you see dublin from london? No... same 'hemisphere'.

Thats why i put hemisphere in quotes. " "

You people need to open your eyes. I expected more open mindless from this community.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I expected more open mindless from this community.

The Irony of this sentence, in conjunction with this thread is hilarious

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Ooops.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Thats why i put hemisphere in quotes. " "

You people need to open your eyes. I expected more open mindless from this community.

Unfortunately for you globers and flatties, it's a false dichotomy. We've all heard flat earth mentioned over the years, before it blew up recently. They would never mention the true shape of the Earth, which is spherical CONCAVE. The Earth curves up at a distance, and light bends gradually and hits the center of the hollow Earth. One hell of a divine illusion. This is why ships appear to fall below the horizon, the light/line of sight curves up slightly faster then the Earths shell. The night sky is the celestial sphere, filled with water. Stars are sonoluminescence, look up star in a jar. There's a fractal octahedral resonant absorptive antenna at the dead center, a few thousand miles above your head right now. It uses wave cancellation to maintain an ether gradient that causes light to get sucked into the center. Stars are evidence of the resonance.

By the way, airliners tilt upwards about 2.5° in cruise mode. The concord tilts upwards about 5°, going much faster...The SR71 tilts up about 7.5°! So in reality, planes do have to account for curvature, to prevent descending! They're skidding over a subtley concave air column. Anyway, if you're intellectually honest and not emotionally attached to Heliocentrism or FALT Earth, you'll investigate concave Earth. Prepare to crap your pants after watching this video:

How could that be a coincidence?

EJ

edit on 6-5-2017 by HorrorRoach because: Accidently replied without writing anything

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

How come I can't see Polaris?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

That was a great movie.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

...and you're explanation of there being no Polaris over the south pole is??

Oh... I forgot. There probably isn't one in your somewhat odd cosmology. Is there a turtle underneath this flat earth?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

You must be too far away. Western Australia is far from everything.

I don't know what is underneath or at the edge. If we could agree that the earth is flat, then we can start try to figure out those questions.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
A bottle made of a strange hard material fell from the sky.
It caused much conflict in tribe.
I have been tasked to throw it off the edge of the Earth.

AHAHAA yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassss.......

Im telling ya, the gods MUST be crazy
The Gods aren't the only crazies in this world.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

By a lot of research, you mean you watched a couple of YT videos?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Oh man, I just had flash backs of taking a test back in my school days and I don't like it one bit!

Is there going to be extra credit?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure you didn't read that article, just the headline.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

My geometry teacher just flashed through my mind... Not something I need this late at night. Football coach masquerading as a teacher.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join