It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting burned burns my ass

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Not all of them. Check out PIP's website. (protective industrial products).

You mean,,,,,ONLINE? DUN DUN DUN!!!

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Yeah. lol.
But you can call a distributer. You can probably find one locally.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: randyvs

Yeah. lol.
But you can call a distributer. You can probably find one locally.

You know what? I will look into that there then tomorrw.
Always look'n for good tips and thank you for that.
edit on Rpm50517v48201700000033 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Husband tried to buy a pair of tees online and they were never delivered.

I've had much better luck. I used to buy almost all my aquarium fish online from various websites and AquaBid. Never got burned doing that.

But I do tend to confine my online shopping adventures to well-known sites and sellers with good reputation scores.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Yeah. I became weary of dealing with street assheads and their bigtime only
self described status, so I gave this pigface pretend a cop wannabe in Denver my last dollar,
which was earmarked for this specific purpose.

Now all I see when I prepare for sleep is the pigface man, wooing strippers while shoving greasy sausages up his ass and slurping drinks, high on K2, while forcing hookers to straddle his hirsute brachycephalic head and listen to Led Zeppelin, on my dime. No telling how many persons he burns each and every day, but I am not
letting him go.

I gave him two choices.
It would have cost him nothing to make the right one
and he didn't take it.

Don't blame me.

# 769
edit on 5-5-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I've had much better luck. I used to buy almost all my aquarium fish online from various websites and AquaBid. Never got burned doing that.

But I do tend to confine my online shopping adventures to well-known sites and sellers with good reputation scores.

I got you on that Ket. I suppose I'll loose'n back up again after awhile and use your guidelines.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhiteKnight
Yeah. I became weary of dealing with street assheads and their bigtime only
self described status, so I gave this pigface pretend a cop wannabe in Denver my last dollar,
which was earmarked for this specific purpose.

Now all I see when I prepare for sleep is the pigface man shoving greasy sausages up his ass, slurping drinks and hookers, on my dime. No telling how many persons he burns each and every day, but I am not
letting him go.

I gave him two choices.
It would have cost him nothing to make the right one
and he didn't take it.
Don't blame me.

# 769

I'm sure I won't!

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
scams... its not that hard to spot them.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I don't always buy bootleg, knockoff sunglasses but when I do, I prefer the Flea Market. Or Chinatown.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Now, I only order from Amazon and only when it says "Sold and Fulfilled by Amazon". That way, I know if something goes wrong [ never has yet... from them at least ] I don't have to deal with a 3rd party seller. I did recently have some trouble, but I called Amazon and damn! they jumped on it quick.. The guy emailed the company while I was still on the phone with him and said if I didn't get an answer by the next day, call back and he'd straighten it out.

Being a woodworker, I need a vise. So, I order a small one for light work, it says "delivered by Feb 27" and I'm a happy camper. Feb 27th comes and goes, no vice, but they say it's shipped and give a tracking number. I check with the post office and they tell me it's not even in their system. It hadn't been shipped. I look on Amazon and now it says "delivered by March 3rd". March 3rd comes and goes, no vise. Now, I start getting a bit irritated. I call Amazon, they contact the seller again and come to find out, they didn't have any in stock. They had been "pre selling" them and were going to fulfill orders when their stock arrived, but there was no disclaimer telling buyers that, at the time I bought it. So, I wait a week, [ 3 weeks since I ordered by now and should have gotten it in 2 days, since I have Amazon Prime ] and still...no vise. Now I'm pissed. I start emailing the company itself and I keep getting these polite answers that "Your order will be fulfilled as quickly as possible, once our stock has been updated ", But they are still selling them on Amazon and still with no disclaimer saying they're out of stock and you'd have to wait an unknown time for it.

By this time, I'm emailing them several times a week, asking where the hell is my vice and giving some pretty nasty reviews on their company. I can see being out of stock and I can even see pre selling them, but don't try to screw me by lying and making me think I'm getting my product on time, when they knew damn well it'd be a month or more before they could ship. I finally got my vise and they even refunded over half the purchase price. I wound up paying only about 1/3 of what it was selling for. I actually liked that company, because they often have great deals on tools that I use, but I just won't buy from them again.
Bitching pays off sometimes.

edit on 6-5-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

i used to buy from aquabid all the time.

no i have never been burned. i buy things all the time from ebay, amazon, and etsy mostly but other places too.

i stay away from places like alibaba.com

has worked for me so far

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
When it comes to deals on the internet, i try to stick with manufacturer direct deals. Such as veteran discounts (oakley offers good stuff for mil and LEOs online but not Rayban . . . I tried but Rayban has no deals I could find) and clearances.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Been burned a few times in the past myself, now i buy only small items or items under/around £30 that way it's not a complete loss, Amazon has been good to me so has Geek.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tuomptonite
I don't always buy bootleg, knockoff sunglasses but when I do, I prefer the Flea Market. Or Chinatown.

Here's the the name of the site.

jiangnanshop

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
We all get scammed at some point. Sometimes it's just better to put your head down and try again tomorrow

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I hardly ever order off the internet, but I did recently from amazon.ca. I ordered three items, one being a science-oriented toy for my son's girlfriend's little boy, that being about 20 round magnetic balls where he could form all sorts of different shapes. What I got the other day was a small canister of iron filings. I don't intend to do anything about it - but what can I do with iron filings...anyone?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Hey Randy! Long time no see, mostly my fault not being on here like i use to!

People ask me all the time for shopping advice online. I am hella good at it and have never been had. I NEVER order anything if it comes from China UNLESS it's a verified seller through the site I'm using and I can verify the company and everything that goes along with it. I look up their business information and reviews and when they started their business. When I shop Ebay I only buy from those who have the eBay guarantee for returns. So if you have an issue with the seller you deal with Ebay not the seller which is GREAT! Same goes for Amazon. I only buy Amazon Prime items because they are backed up from Amazon with returns and I have never had one issue when I needed to return something.

Stay away from those stupid sites places like Facebook advertise with too good to be true prices because most are from china and they are scams! You wont get what you ordered and it will look nothing like the picture. I've known so many to fall for this and when they got the item MONTHS later it wasn't anything like the picture they thought they were ordering from.

Just research where you're ordering from and look up the reviews of the company! I only do online shopping, easier with having a 4 year old lol he loves Amazon packages! I find better deals online so it's also cheaper for me to shop online. I just make sure I know where I'm buying from and I know their policies. I even call sometimes to check legitimacy and ask about returns and stuff like that.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

Hey Randy! Long time no see, mostly my fault not being on here like i use to!

People ask me all the time for shopping advice online. I am hella good at it and have never been had. I NEVER order anything if it comes from China UNLESS it's a verified seller through the site I'm using and I can verify the company and everything that goes along with it. I look up their business information and reviews and when they started their business. When I shop Ebay I only buy from those who have the eBay guarantee for returns. So if you have an issue with the seller you deal with Ebay not the seller which is GREAT! Same goes for Amazon. I only buy Amazon Prime items because they are backed up from Amazon with returns and I have never had one issue when I needed to return something.

Stay away from those stupid sites places like Facebook advertise with too good to be true prices because most are from china and they are scams! You wont get what you ordered and it will look nothing like the picture. I've known so many to fall for this and when they got the item MONTHS later it wasn't anything like the picture they thought they were ordering from.

Just research where you're ordering from and look up the reviews of the company! I only do online shopping, easier with having a 4 year old lol he loves Amazon packages! I find better deals online so it's also cheaper for me to shop online. I just make sure I know where I'm buying from and I know their policies. I even call sometimes to check legitimacy and ask about returns and stuff like that.

I'm really glad I read your post because I needed to know
how foolish I was. And know how I will become a better
online shopper.
Thank you
edit on Ram51317v09201700000048 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join