It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toolmakers create in safety

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I always pondered about why some develop a unique gift of creativity, for some, ive seen its a motivation for simple needs, nothing more and nothing less.
Money offers safety, food offers a full stomach and sex, well, offers a basic need of feeling something for a brief moment of time.
But do those people create something, or do they just follow the voice of our simple basic instincts, a mean to an end.

Would be great though if your reptilian cortex developed speech instead of images. Taoism has a quote, im gonna try to recall it;" Ignore the dragon and it devours you, Fight the dragon and it empowers you, fly with the dragon and it takes you on a never ending story.
In simple aspects, the story is about mind, body and spirit working as one in balance.

Back to the point, what makes someone creative, well, i believe when someone is offered the simple needs of food for the day, a bed to sleep in, a safe place to to dwell in, well, when the simple of basic worries in a society is taken care of. I believe that is when a person starts creating, cause its in our DNA, we are simple toolmakers.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I do agree were makers of everything around us and that gives us creativity to develop further.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Ekwensu

Craft is king.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I must say...it always puzzles me when persons just up and
disappear.

Here one moment, gone the next.

Last week I was poring over Japanese sword threads.
I wrote several members seeking some expertise on restoration,
and felt pretty confident the members were all dead and gone.

Now it seems people just pop in and *poof*

gone.

Sometimes they linger around months after silence, and then get cashiered
for some mysterious reason. Like their meds ran out and they lashed out at 'the bones'
with thier final expression...

What must happen?

Hope I'm not off topic...

# 768

new topics

top topics

join