It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most nostalgic song

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The closest my family ever got was a small town outside of Bellingham called Deming Washington. It was 1963 and I was still filled with wonder and imagination. Fast forward to 1994... I spent Spring, Summer and Fall in Anchorage with my Eskimo friend. We saw the parts of Alaska tourists never see.

Fast forward again to 2004 and Again April to September in Anchorage. This time my Eskimo friend introduced me to his cousin.... Sarah Palin on a trip from Anchorage to Homer with a Corvette club raising monies for Ronald McDonald house.

In that ten years, some of the glaciers I had seen in 94 had vanished by 04.

But I digress, This song played often in our home, my Dad and Uncles dreams

www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-5-2017 by Plotus because: load better link

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This song because it reminds me me of the old spy shows on television growing up as a kid
m.youtube.com...

All music from late sixties and early seventies because it left its impressions on my young developing mind.

I love The Animals for the sense of nostalgia they give me though so many of the lyrics were corny love tunes😏
It was all about the bass πŸ˜‚.. which is why this was also a fav..
m.youtube.com...

Lynard Skynyrd's Simple Man has a nostalgic hold on me because of a dedication I made to my son about it. Beautiful song !
m.youtube.com...

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I love threads like these OP .. hope you don't mind if I post a few more that bring back more youthful days πŸ˜‰

If only I could learn to imbed properly 😜

m.youtube.com...

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Nuff Said......

www.youtube.com...

My Mom and Dad wore out both needles and vinyl on this cut. Back in the days of 45's
edit on 5-5-2017 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
At the age of 7 my neighbor gave me a Survivor record. I kept that record spinning constantly on my little brothers Fisher Price record player. "Eye of the Tiger" was my favorite track, it really got me pumped up. I'd lip sync in the mirror and fantasize of being a rock star. 30+ years later, I realize how cheesy Survivor was but hearing "Eye of the Tiger" takes me right back to my childhood.

Survivor, Eye of the Tiger

youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join