It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. job growth rebounds sharply, unemployment rate hits 4.4 percent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: laughingdog
Never give Trump credit, resurrected the coal industry, working to rid us of the joke obumercare, tax reform, bringing jobs back to the states, dealing with with terrorism and rouge nations heavy handedly, fulfilling campaign promises. But heck, don't give Trump any credit.

Credit? This economic situation has been inherited by two presidents before he even took office! Hell, maybe more! ( ALL the way back to Nixon, IMO..) WE are 20+ TRILLION DOLLARS IN DEBT, and we just added another TRILLION to hold us over until September of this year!!!???

NOW WE NEED TO SPEND A TRILLION DOLLARS EVERY 5 MONTHS!!!!!!!??????

CAN YOU SEEEE WHAT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!????

Obama added a TRILLION DOLLARS FOR EVERY YEAR HE WAS IN OFFICE!!! Did we pull out of the recession??

NO. WE'RE STILL IN IT!!

IT CAN NEVER BE PAID BACK.

Read that again... and if you doubt it, then enlighten the nation on how it CAN be done!

Obama was no savior and neither is Trump, neither was Bush 2, Clinton, Bush 1, Reagan, Carter and so on....

I won't necessarily be surprised if this economy lasts through Q1 2018.
edit on E31America/ChicagoFri, 05 May 2017 14:40:16 -05005pmFridayth02pm by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: waggz

Hey we are hiring a ton
haha

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: laughingdog

I'll give him credit where credit is due:
- Opening the gates wide for more financial misbehavior by the big banks--the kind that cause bubbles and great recessions.
- Enabling big polluters to gang rape the environment (because who really needs clean air and clean water, right?)
- Backing policies that will benefit his family, friends, and business interests
- Taking insurance away from millions of Americans
- Starting another nuclear arms race
- Trying to put the tax payers on the hook for that idiotic wall (because walls work so well, right? Ask China and Germany how that worked out.)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Don't forget to peak under the covers for the birth/death adjustment
... I heard somewhere that it added a mysterious 200,000+ phantom jobs to the number. Some people are speculating that if you removed this seasonal adjustment, the number would have been negative. You also have to look at what they massaged the previous numbers to in order to get this positive.

Same games they have been playing over the last 20+ years. This forgery knows no political affiliation.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: waggz
Yeah, I work in the high level IT market and most places I know of are on a hiring freeze right now. I used to work for a large IT recruiting firm and have friends still in the business relaying this information. So its pretty credible.

I also have contractor buddies that haven't gotten a new contract for the last three months after having constant work for the past 5 years.

This is BS as usual.

im seeing the opposite.
i left my job at the foundry 6 months ago....going back to work there monday. they are getting crazy busy.

my buddy works at another foundry that i used to work at as well. they are on mandatory 17 hour shifts during the week and 10 hours on saturday.
he had 57 hours of OT last week.
manufacturing(at least in my area) is crazy strong right now.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well there you go waggz! You can cross train to work in a foundry and do IT on the side until things pick up.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Unless they have readjusted the way they calculate unemployment I see no reason to believe these numbers when I haven't believed them under Obama or Bush before him.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
And when the unemployment rate goes back up, it will be Obamas fault... heck, Reagan's fault. Just not trump... the new moses or jesus.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

Why not? The Left beat that drum for years blaming Bush for everything Obama failed at.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Yeah, I work in the high level IT market and most places I know of are on a hiring freeze right now. I used to work for a large IT recruiting firm and have friends still in the business relaying this information. So its pretty credible.

I also have contractor buddies that haven't gotten a new contract for the last three months after having constant work for the past 5 years.

This is BS as usual.

It's exploding in Central Michigan. Tons of jobs and contracts here. I'm sure it's different everywhere.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You can just TICK off all the urban cesspools.
THEY are filled with people who don't want to work legitimately, attracted to their like of other persuasions.
Elsewhere they get shunned and thrown out or arrested and killed.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Another question too.

What percentage of jobs are those that someone acquired a second gig to make ends meat?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Unemployment at 8.9%

www.gallup.com...

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

This is BS as usual.

It may come as a shock to you but IT isn't the sum total of the known universe. Just saying.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Its all fairy dust like the share market, but most don't realise it ,so they tell them what they want to hear ."I don't think we are in Kansas anymore Toto""

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hmmm.

place

These charts show the number of Americans receiving food stamps as reported by the United States Department of Agriculture. As of the latest data released on April 7, 2017 the total is 42.7 million, which is more than the entire populations of many large nations.

Hmm.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: laughingdog
Never give Trump credit, resurrected the coal industry, working to rid us of the joke obumercare, tax reform, bringing jobs back to the states, dealing with with terrorism and rouge nations heavy handedly, fulfilling campaign promises. But heck, don't give Trump any credit.

How did he resurrect the coal industry? He repealed a single regulation that hadn't even taken effect yet.

The coal industry never disappeared either, it simply moved from Appalachia to Wyoming. That doesn't help the people still in Appalachia though.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Yep, a few more jobs without health benefits that don't provide a living wage.

One reason it maybe going down, is due to people like me - they just accepted permanent cut to their standard of living.

The unemployment rate as it's calculated is useless. I would love to see a standard of living index along with this unemployment rate.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join