It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if Iran tested a nuclear Weapon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I have read enough on here and on other sites to realize that the situation in Iran is not a matter of will we, but when, and I feel there is good reason with how they pursue their nuclear research.

According to the NTF

www.ceip.org...

There are 5 countries that detonated a bomb prior to 1/1/1967. THese include the US, Russia, China, Great Britan and France.

My question is with Iran finally admitting they will not back down. Read about it here

apnews.myway.com...

and here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What will the reaction from the US and the rest of the world community when Iran tests a nuclear device.

Would we immediately strike? We didn't attack Pakistan

www.fas.org...

Or India, so what will happen. I think it ( a test) may happen before the year is out....what are your thoughts?

[edit on 3-2-2005 by esdad71]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Iguess we will find out sooner rather than later....

[edit on 3-2-2005 by esdad71]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The "moment" Iran tests a nuke, the game is over. Iran wins............unless the US has the courage to glass the place.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Personally I think they won't be testing until they can bring multiple bombs online quickly, otherwise they would have blown their deterrent or offensive capacity in the initial test and leave themselves prone to tactical airstrikes or even glassification....

They must be able to project some form of immediate retalliation on Saoudi oilfields and Israel to ensure the usa government will not put these valuable assets in danger.

the worrying thing is , will the iranians use it for deterrence or is the country indeed ruled by the mad mullah that would seek the first oppertunity to launch a nuclear attack against israel ?

The opinions are divided about this, but frankly not to many people know, the suspense is killing me

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Countermeasures
Personally I think they won't be testing until they can bring multiple bombs online quickly, otherwise they would have blown their deterrent or offensive capacity in the initial test and leave themselves prone to tactical airstrikes or even glassification....

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

Way to go................you read my mind..................

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Who is to say that they are not ready to bring multiples online?

They test a nuke and then say that they have 5 pointed at Israel. I don't see a happy outcome.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The response would be

Iran tests

Israel launches a "routine" training flight

Irans nuclear reactor develops a "series of holes that releases radiation"

Iran and the Middle East scream anti Israel/US slogans

Quiet

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If they test it successfully the main powers will roll out the red carpet and welcome them into the nuclear club. If they can make one nuclear weapon they can make many and the deterrent will be in place.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Listen Iran doesn't have the intentions of building the bomb o.k. it's reactor is a "soft water" reactor there's no way that can produce nuclear wapons, 2. Russia is not stupid if Russia's intentions were to give Iran nukes it would not waste time building a huge complex that can easliy be identivifed by U.S.=European satalites as a nuclear complex to build bombs, If Russia intentions were to give Iran the bomb it would just sell Iran 20-30 Russian Nuclear warheads and from that point it would be up to Iran to build the Rockets to launch to The Jews In Plalastine= (J.I.P.) 3. Even if Iran has nukes so what ask the intelegent questions why? do they see that they need the bomb= answer to defend them selves from J.I.P. the jews have over 200 of them, now if your going to say that same LAME 'ol excuse of the jews need it to protecte them selves from Arabs, then reality says In the first place they don't have the right to be in Palistine to begin with, Jordan Syria and Egypt didn't tell them in 48 come on in so that give tremendous support to the Arabs that say they (Jews) stole that land, that what the 6 day wa r was about it wasn't Arabs attacking Jews it was jews who prevoked an attack so jews can Enlarge their 1967 borders, that's why till this day 02/03/2005 they haven't given the west bank back to Jordan. The real reason that U.S. is saying these things about Iran Syria is so the the U.S. can do the exact same thing to Iran and Syria i(t's not just Iran) that they did ti IraQ 1. Invade change government/Culture to become pro materilistic which equals= less hostile to the jew's evil actions against Palistinians and Arabs nations in General.

[edit on 3-2-2005 by SiberianTiger]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
You take the word of an exiled opposition group seriously, man you guys are desperate for war.

Iran will not have nukes.

Eevn if they did ever get nukes, which will not happen, they would never use them in a first strike situation like most seem to think they will.

Some people on here really don't know anything about Iran, I find it amusing how little some posters really know.

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Kriz_4]

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Kriz_4]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Go back and read my the post I added a few new things.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The Irainians are going to play their nuclear hand to the hilt. I feel that if they should ever try to drop one or two, they had better cover their a.ss'
Isreial will have alreadysent a salvo to them during the boost stage and that thats the end of both countries. But before that ever comes to pass, Iran will have set up a pact up with Syria, Egipt, and Jordan to come on their side before any launching take place.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Erm, I'm guessing it will be shortly followed by the destruction of Isreal, at which point the annihilation of Iran is inevitable. I'm hoping the US does decide to take out all Iranian defences including ships, aircraft, military vehicals and WMD development storage sites. Simply bombard the place back until it can no longer defend itself, never mind attack another nation

Why should we trust Iran with nuclear weapons when they have openly declared that they will annihilate Isreal and its allies with whatever means necessary. I really don't think MAD means anything to these people in control of Iran seen as they think they'll spend eternity in a make belief paradise

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
why trust anyone with these weapons?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Deterrence. Before they even test one nuclear weapon they should try and have a few so that they still have a nuclear capability. The game is over and Bush wont be able to stop Iran or be able to invade the country.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
You do realize the only way for Iran to nuke the US is if one strapped a bomb to his back and swam here. They have no means to drop a bomb on America. Besides, how do you know they would use one in the first place?(wow, am doing pretty well, typing without looking at keyboard)

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
You make a good point James the Lesser, but in the case of Iran detonating a nuke, it would only prove, beyond a shadow of doubt, what the intelligences services in the US have been saying all along. As to Iran having the capabilities to hit the US, that is not the concern. The concern is with the mandated agenda of Israel's destruction by the Iranian Mullahs.

I doubt that Iran would be foolish enough to nuke attack Israel, but what it will do is allow Iran to become more publically active in seeking Israel's destruction in a variety of ways and means...all while holding the Iranian acquired nuke(s) as a threat to any who might try to stop them in their endeavors (like who is going to stop us type of thing).

Personally, no nuke is safe from the inside though (aka: Student Movement, etc. and that's what the US hopes will happen as a result of neighboring Iraq just having free elections. The US hopes that democracy overflows from the cup into other areas).

seekerof

new topics

top topics

join