It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Down a Rabbit Hole: Planned Parenthood, Mt Sinai School of Medicine, and Carl Icahn.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

I'm talking about that statement specifically and the fact that nothing said in that statement is a bad thing. There is nothing being said there that includes hurting people by any of the methods you just said. You are inserting those other ideas in there and then blaming others for saying them.

I've also given you a perfectly good example of a changing value and how it was a benefit that we changed it and you seem to just ignore that and refuse to admit that changing some values can be good.

That doesn't mean that we should change every value we have, but the idea that we should never change them is just as incorrect. You have just as much of an agenda behind what you are saying as those you are alleging have their own agenda.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I'll admit that I am very wary of self styled philanthropists as well, perhaps I have a warped view of those in charge.

However, the perpetual warfare, the lobbyists, Monsanto, impunity of corporations which pollute the land/water sources, rising incidences of cancer, deliberate falsification or suppression of history, etc have made me very suspicious of our politicians and world players.

And we, as a whole, are not thriving the way we can be. Our light could be so much brighter.

I read your slavery statement. I am indeed glad that slavery is over. I just honestly don't like the tactic of accusing those disagreeing with you of supporting horrendous stuff, so I chose to ignore it.

I think we are missing each other in the word value, which imo is different than the world ideal. I agree that ideals might change but disagree that values ever change because things that have worth (generosity, forgiveness, mercy, love, kindness, fortitude, wisdom, truth) will always have worth (ie value) regardless of what a person or society thinks of these values, or whether they practice them.

I believe that a campain is being launched to blur the lines between right and wrong. To expose us to so much wrong (through the news, reality tv, whatnot) that our compasses are off. To make us truly believe that there are no inherent values. That they can change as we "grow" which I disagree with! I think thousands of years ago, people loved. They cared for their neighbors, they tended the earth, they created art. There have always been people with these values, just like there have always been people trying to destroy these values.

So I don't quite like what the humanists are trying to do, under the guise (ok there that is my opinion) of philanthropy. Why specifically remove God from the good also, and alienate millions of people who are also "humanists"? Can't I believe in God and also the beauty of God's creation? I think it's odd. At best.

edit on 7-5-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join