It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forced Abortion Through USA Bombing Arab Genocide Continues

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

About two shades more trustworthy than anonymous posters on ATS pushing a clear agenda.

link   

He never said that it wasn't a US bomb. He said that they didn't know that the civilians were there, and were herded into the building by ISIS, which was confirmed by the civilians in the area themselves.

Residents who witnessed the explosion said it came after militants forced them into their homes.

Scrocca said Islamic State’s use of civilians as human shields has been a challenge for coalition forces in Mosul.

www.latimes.com...

Go back and read it again. From the first link provided:

Iraqi officers, though, say they know exactly what happened: Maj. Gen. Maan al-Saadi, a commander of the Iraqi special forces, said that the civilian deaths were a result of a coalition airstrike that his men had called in, to take out snipers on the roofs of three houses in a neighborhood called Mosul Jidideh. General Saadi said the special forces were unaware that the houses’ basements were filled with civilians.

The Iraqi government is the ones saying that it was an ISIS bomb, or bombs inside or near the buildings that were detonated by the bombing.

Col. Muntathar Al-Shamari, the head of the Iraqi Counterterrorism Unit in Mosul, said that, prior to the airstrike, Iraqi counterterrorism forces had asked the US-led coalition to engage an ISIS vehicle that had been loaded with explosives.
"When the (vehicle) was struck, it exploded, destroying one or two of the houses next to where families were hiding," he said.
Al-Shamari characterized the report of 200 dead as an exaggeration.
Around 130 people were hiding in one of the homes, Iraqi Joint Military Command spokesman Brigadier General Yahya Rasool said.

www.cnn.com...

link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: dragonridr

I say we pull out and let them kill each other.

Talk about genocide without US air support the death toll would be staggering. Figure how many people the Iraqis would lose clearing a building. Or advancing on a fortified position. Think of what the people go through allowing these cities to remain in Isis territory. Yes people die but the alternative is unthinkable and without help Iraq would fall apart as its military is destroyed.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

One of the difficulties of war criticism is that we can only tally the body count and not the lives saved. Pacifists have the upperhand in these kind of arguments for that reason. They can pull out a number and say "this is the result of war", without including or even considering the lives saved, the freedoms defended, and the net results, because they aren't immediately apparent until years later.

What is clear is that had the US ignored the Iraqi military's request for support, those civilians would not have died by US bombing. Sure, this objectively is true. But ignoring the request for support might have been equally if not more catastrophic results, and not to mention it would involve throwing an ally under the bus.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I give up. Just keep bombing and killing people. Human life is worthless to you. I don't trust the government like you do.

Sweet. Does that mean no more garbage threads like this, where you try to bully everybody into feeling personally responsible for something nobody here was involved in?

I'm not trying to bully anyone. If you are okay with a pregnant woman getting killed by a US bomb then good for you.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

One of the difficulties of war criticism is...

No the difficulty is NO CRITICISM IS ALLOWED. PERIOD.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

No the difficulty is NO CRITICISM IS ALLOWED. PERIOD.

That's untrue, just like the forced abortion angle.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

a reply to: dragonridr

I say we pull out and let them kill each other.

Talk about genocide without US air support the death toll would be staggering.

We must kill them first otherwise they would kill more of their own countrymen.

Every other country in the world has formed their own government on their own. Why can't the Iraqis?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I give up. Just keep bombing and killing people. Human life is worthless to you. I don't trust the government like you do.

Sweet. Does that mean no more garbage threads like this, where you try to bully everybody into feeling personally responsible for something nobody here was involved in?

I'm not trying to bully anyone. If you are okay with a pregnant woman getting killed by a US bomb then good for you.

Well you are, which is why you keep creating strawman arguments in an effort to make other members of the board out to be monsters and make them appear to be saying things they haven't even come close to saying. That's why you tried to shame members for expounding on the story you mention in your OP and giving more information. It doesn't fit your narrative, and anybody that doesn't buy your line of bullsnip must be shamed.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

It is true. You can't criticise US foreign policy in the ME. The long war is going to be long.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

It is true. You can't criticise US foreign policy in the ME. The long war is going to be long.

Let us know when the Gestapo breaks down your door.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Unlike you, I am not okay with a pregnant women being killed by a US bomb even if you think it is a "straw-man" argument.

Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Let us know when the Gestapo breaks down your door.

Let me know when you ever become a human being.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Unlike you, I don't build my arguments off wildly inaccurate stuff that I make up, pull out of my ass, and then pretend other people said it so I can attack them to make myself feel better. So yes, when you keep doing the whole "unlike you" and then saying some idiotic crap as if I said it, that's a strawman argument.

Whatever makes you feel better, cupcake.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Love and kisses.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Love and kisses.

Save them, you clearly need them way more than anybody else here.

#nomoretears

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

a reply to: iTruthSeeker

But you are okay with 28,000 bombs being dropped. Got it.

I never said I agree or disagree.. That is a tough question to answer. Let's just say that sometimes I agree and disagree at the same time, if that makes sense. The main thing though is that no matter what, there really isn't squat we can do about it.

Plus, the fact that it can be damn near impossible to know the real truth behind it all , makes it harder to come to a solid conclusion. What do you suggest we as society do? You cannot kill bad people in war without civilian casualties. Yes that sucks big time, but that is just war.

We could just worry about our own country, but that would entail a complete lockdown of our border, which some may find "racist". Again, what do you suggest? If we stop helping people, then we would be accused of "not caring" and letting brown people die, and again, "racist".

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Iraq was literally maybe only being weeks away from ceasing to exist as the sovereign state of Iraq and instead swallowed under Saudis ISIS's umbrella of barbaric rule. A large part of this was due to Obama just pulling the rug out and leaving not only the Iraqi forces vulnerable to terrorism, but political persecution by the Prime Minister al-Maliki in charge at the time. Obama admin's refusal to even deal directly with them diplomatically with senior staff pretty much gave him the impression he was free to do as he pleased.

As a result, he began to purge his government and military of many of the very same people that had finally brought some semblance of pacification to the land on sectarian grounds. If the fool only realized that he had essentially banished the very people with actual combat experience as his enemy who went on to create ISIS, perhaps he would have not been such an idiot.

I place all my blame at least %75 for ISIS on al-Maliki. The other %25 can be spread around to the other factions we have come to know.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The bombings are aimed at the genocidal people who are tearing through the ME slaughtering everyone. Genocide is actually occurring there at the hands of ISIS, as opposed to the genocide you pretend is occurring at the hands of the US and Iraq. Who's side are you on?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

The bombings are aimed at the genocidal people who are tearing through the ME slaughtering everyone. Genocide is actually occurring there at the hands of ISIS, as opposed to the genocide you pretend is occurring at the hands of the US and Iraq. Who's side are you on?

The side that allows him to live in fantasyland, where people get to make things up, pretend it's a factual statement, and then try to shame others for disagreeing about the made up "facts."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join