It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Siberian cats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I've had a very good experience with my 2 Siberian cats:

catmess.blogspot.com...

Siberian cats personality

Siberian cats are gentle and affectionate creatures. They get on very well with children, they will readily accept other household pets and will stand by the door to greet the guests. They are very people-oriented cats and love blending in every family activity. On the other hand, they become depressed if left alone for a long time. So if you are a workaholic or have to travel a lot, it is highly recommended to get another pet to keep your Siberian company.

7. Siberian

If you love the look of a long-haired, shaggy-coated cat, the Siberian is it. Fortunately, they also produce less Fel d 1 protein, making them less likely to trigger allergic reactions than other cats, even those with far less fur.

healthypets.mercola.com...

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
That's it. I'm calling my sweetheart..... Our highland lynx told me this morning he needs more friends. The 2 strays are making him feel like a freak. He needs another special kitty to hang with

-ALee

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

The Highlight Lynx is awesome looking cat.

The Siberians vary in size. Some are normal and some are as big as coon cats. My one cat from one breeder is 12 pounds. My other one from another breeder is 22 pounds and is a beast. They both have similar dispositions. They love to hang out with you where ever you are in the house.

It used to be the bigger one was the alpha male. But the smaller one now runs around really fast until he tires the bigger one out. And then he pounces.

They really funny cats. Since they are Russian I've wondered if they are part monkey. They really like helium balloons on a string. They will play with the string for along time. My one used to play fetch when he was kitten. They both are amazing leapers. They both have amazing vertical leaping capabilities. They are very entertaining animals and are always doing something different and amazing. One is not afraid of water and will try to get in the shower when it is on.

edit on 5-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'll take 7 of the siberian cats please. lol l

They sound like the perfect breed to have once I become the crazy cat lady.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Cool looking kitties, do you know the Norwegian forest cat? That is an interesting breed also.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
First rate felines. I already want some.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I have a Siamese snow-shoe, a Siamese with four white feet. A form of albinism in the bred.
She's a talker which is great except when I'm trying to sleep. She doesn't care if it's light or dark out.

Cats are great.
I never heard of a Siberian cat. That's a lot of hair to take care of. Do they have issues with hairballs? Even a short hair will cough up hair in the shedding season.

My girl is afraid of the brush. I bought one of those grooming gloves but she runs away from that too.
Now I just vacuum ...a lot.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

They are very large cats aren't they?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Mine plays fetch still. She's four years old and tiny. A dainty slim and delicate looking creature.
She even brings toys to me to initiate the game.

People sometimes don't realise that cats can be taught tricks. I had a tuxedo years ago who would give paw.
Mia my Siamese will get on her hind legs and give a high five any time I say hi-5 . Usually when I'm in the kitchen cooking. She leans against the base cabinet standing on her hind legs so she can watch me.
I just go hi five girly and she puts her paw up in the air.

Enjoy your fur kids.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I really like you talking about your cats. They are magnificent animals and one of the things that people who don't always agree on everything, can happily agree about.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
quite simulair to maine coons and norwegian forrest cats... you never can tell for sure how big the kittens will grow up....
but like all "big "cats they are very gentle intelligent and very good with young children...
we own 2 Coons and an nor. forrest cat
tip:
never take 1 cat ....Always 2 ore moore certainly if you are working daily....they need company :-)
B.t.w by brother breeds norwegians...2 of his kittens have crossed the ocean to miamy fl.

edit on 5-5-2017 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I'm a happy owner of two Siberian cats as well! ...after some research I figured it was one of the best breeds to go for. Never been unhappy with them! Absolutely wonderful animals!

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

Miami huh? With all that hair.
I hope they have good air conditioners. South Florida is a hot climate. Palm trees and coconuts hot. Lol.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

I love my animals. Always have. So much so that I kidnapped a duck when I was a child. My mother made me return it. True story. In NYC no less. Yes the city.

Mia is such a cute little thing because she's so runty she looks like a young not quite kitten size cat and she's four years old. She's smart but that's the Siamese breed she's also crafty.

Do you have pets?
I have a parakeet too. He and the cat are friends. ( as long as those bars separate them anyway) he's in a big cage.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
A farm cat and a feral cat adopted us at the last place we lived and when we moved they informed us that they wanted to relocate as well. I really like ducks although I have never gone to the lengths of kidnapping one.

There is a Mallard that lives in a place where we sometimes go to for a holiday who wakes us up for his breakfast. I understand his name his name is Kwackles.

edit on 6-5-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Lol.

Later in life I had ducks. One was named Colonel KaDaffy Duck . The other was Donald. We only kept them a few months then brought them to the lake to join the other ducks. I can't even remember where we got them. Only federal crimes like kidnapping stick with me I guess.

new topics

top topics

join