It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Ever So Quietly Defunded

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

i guess being alive and suffering through every moment is better than never being alive.

some peoples thought process really baffles me

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

You would probably get better information if you just Google it, but from what I have gathered In their 2014 Annual Report, PPFA reported seeing over 2.5 million patients in over 4 million clinical visits and performing a total of nearly 9.5 million discrete services including 324,000 abortions. So 3% of services provided actually goes towards abortions of which the patient usually has to pay for some of the costs in most cases. Their total revenue is 1.3 billion with 500 million of that coming from the federal government in the form of medicaid reimbursements for providing essential services that every woman needs. Only 15 million dollars of federal money goes towards providing safe abortions for those that cannot adequately care for a child or in cases off rape and incest.

One thing that I find a bit hypocritical amongst Republican officials is that they are pro life but only for 9 months and regardless of the mothers personal situation or what type of life that baby may be born into. Many officials want to cut birth control as well. Which will only increase the need for more welfare programs as more irresponsible people will have children. Which will only breed more irresponsibility.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver

One thing that I find a bit hypocritical amongst Republican officials is that they are pro life but only for 9 months

yeah they care about that fetus and really care about what a woman does with her body but once the kid is born then screw them. same people that are up in arms about no abortions are the same ones that want to cut or reduce programs like welfare and stamps.
you only matter till you dont

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

One thing that I find a bit hypocritical amongst Republican officials is that they are pro life but only for 9 months and regardless of the mothers personal situation or what type of life that baby may be born into.

Not only that, but they want to the eliminate contraceptive coverage mandate, making it okay for insurance companies to charge women extra, and to make pregnancy a pre-existing condition, so that a pregnant women seeking medical coverage would have to pay an additional $17,000 to carry that pregnancy to term. Heaven help the baby born with a congenital disease pre-condition!

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Heaven help the baby born with a congenital disease pre-condition!

John Hopkins will refer them to the country health department after they are refused participation in the medicaid program??

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: FuggleHop

A woman taking the life of her own unborn, helpless child is the ultimate, selfish evil.
And I do not want anything to do with paying for it.
What is so hard to understand?
Anyone who has anything to do with murdering an unborn child will face justice at the end of their days.

Well said. They know they are evil too. Some even celebrate it and talk about how good it made them feel.
Disgusting people.

Oh yes, it's as simple as that. There's never any situation when ending a pregnancy is the compassionate thing to do.

Instead of cinnamon and spice, our child came with technical terms like hydrocephalus and spina bifida. The spine, she said, had not closed properly, and because of the location of the opening, it was as bad as it got. What they knew — that the baby would certainly be paralyzed and incontinent, that the baby’s brain was being tugged against the opening in the base of the skull and the cranium was full of fluid — was awful. What they didn’t know — whether the baby would live at all, and if so, with what sort of mental and developmental defects — was devastating. Countless surgeries would be required if the baby did live. None of them would repair the damage that was already done.

The doctor who performed my termination talks about the women he has helped through the years — the pregnant woman who was diagnosed with metastic melanoma and needed immediate chemotherapy, the woman who was carrying conjoined twins that had only one set of lungs and one heart, the woman whose baby had a three-chambered heart and would never live. Now, he is turning these women away. “Now, today, I can say no, but what is she going to do?” he says sadly. “What is she going to do?”

www.ourbodiesourselves.org...

My aunt is friends on facebook with a couple who, against the advice of her physician, decided not to abort the child she was carrying with multiple health defects. I see posts from this woman all the time about how many surgeries this poor baby has had at not even 1 year old yet. All the episodes of seizures, high fevers, pain, etc. That poor child has been suffering from day one, with no real hope of ever living any kind of quality life. All because the parents didn't want to let go. Selfish, selfish, selfish.

Yep, really that simple.
I don't have any time for vile child killers.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

a reply to: BlueAjah

Please provide proof that someone underwent forced sterilization at Planned Parenthood.

I never said that PP does forced sterilizations.

I suggested that after decades of the government forcing sterilizations, and then being forced to stop, they then started funding PP.
They found another way to keep their eugenics going.
They used PP, which was founded on the same principles of reducing the population of undesirables.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Women go to Planned Parenthood of their own free will. Women have been having abortions since... forever. If they can't find a place/doctor to do it for them, they will often do it themselves, and many women have done just that over the centuries. You make it sound like birth control and abortions only started since the eugenics period of the early 20th century.

Planned Parenthood provides many services and they have been a godsend to many low-income women and families. This is the complete opposite to forced sterilizations - I don't know how you can make any comparison -- oh yeah I do, cuz your a conservative.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Contraceptives have never been forced on women, let alone any particular race or status of people, in the United States. In fact, married women had to go to court, The Supreme Court, for the right to use birth control.

The first Planned Parenthood clinic in Connecticut opened in 1935 in Hartford. It provided services to women who had no access to a gynecologist, including information about artificial contraception and other methods to plan the growth of their families. Several clinics were opened in Connecticut over the following years, including the Waterbury clinic that led to the legal dispute. In 1939, this clinic was compelled to enforce the 1879 anti-contraception law on poor women patients. This caught the attention of the CBCL leaders, who remarked on the importance of birth control for cases in which the lives of the patients depended upon it

Griswold v. Connecticut

Later, unmarried women had to go to the Supreme Court for the right to use conception.

Eisenstadt v. Baird

So no, Planned Parenthood isn't the brainchild of some evil government eugenics plot against low income or disenfranchised women. As a matter of fact, the wealthier and more educated people tend to have smaller families and employ contraceptive much more efficiently than the poor and disenfranchised members of society....Unless you think the government is trying to take out the wealthy educated members of our society?

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Walmart sells birth control pills for $4. There are also numerous womens clinics that take care of exams and things for low cost.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Yet another thing that will need to be fixed after trump.

I doubt republicans will have the power tilt again for the next 50 years.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

And I don't have time for selfish people who force their babies to go through months or years of daily suffering. I also don't have time for small-minded, hateful, judgmental conservatives either.

So buh bye.

None of us have time for air-headed fake liberals who believe they have the best solutions either.

Abortion is caveman neanderthal behavior at best...needs to be replaced entirely with a better way.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

And I don't have time for selfish people who force their babies to go through months or years of daily suffering. I also don't have time for small-minded, hateful, judgmental conservatives either.

So buh bye.

Perhaps we should take the decision to kill everyone who suffers in life.. after all it's selfish to force them to suffer life.

Sick child killers should be judged for exactly who they are.
Bye.

I find it bizarre the same people defending ALL abortion without question also do not support ending the suffering of all the addicts dying horribly from drugs...these people literally never get clean...libs give them more drugs instead and try to keep them alive at all costs.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

One thing that I find a bit hypocritical amongst Republican officials is that they are pro life but only for 9 months

yeah they care about that fetus and really care about what a woman does with her body but once the kid is born then screw them. same people that are up in arms about no abortions are the same ones that want to cut or reduce programs like welfare and stamps.

Where do you people come up with this that people only care about the unborn child.

Mental gymnastics and drug use make the voices only louder.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

libs give them more drugs instead and try to keep them alive at all costs.

Is that your opinion?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Wayfarer

Walmart sells birth control pills for $4. There are also numerous womens clinics that take care of exams and things for low cost.

i really hope you mean the pharmacy in wal mart with a script cause youre not getting the pills there any other way
you can get contraceptive gel which i really wouldnt trust

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Where do you people come up with this that people only care about the unborn child.

Mental gymnastics and drug use make the voices only louder.

my experiences. in real life and even on here.
ive seen members here that are against abortion make comments just like i said.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

So buh bye.

Perhaps we should take the decision to kill everyone who suffers in life.. after all it's selfish to force them to suffer life.

Sick child killers should be judged for exactly who they are.
Bye.

I find it bizarre the same people defending ALL abortion without question also do not support ending the suffering of all the addicts dying horribly from drugs...these people literally never get clean...libs give them more drugs instead and try to keep them alive at all costs.

me personally
i do support abortions and support ending the life of any adult that wants it to end for any reason at all.
i dont care if john doe adult kills himself cause its tuesday. our lives are the only thing we own and we should be able to end it when we wish
what horrible dying addicts are you talking about anyway?

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

libs give them more drugs instead and try to keep them alive at all costs.

What a bizarre mysterious statement. I wonder what it means.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join