It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Ever So Quietly Defunded

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

That's stupid because PP isn't the only place that provides abortions while also accepting your tax dollars for other medical procedures. So it looks like your battle isn't just with PP so saddle up because you got a lot of complaining to do.

That said, how do you feel about your tax dollars being wasted and used to murder humans of all ages? How do you feel about spending ungodly amounts of money developing weapons for the military via the MIC to murder humans? How about the ungodly amount of tax dollars we spend just in the in Middle East alone via drone strikes, air strikes, invasions, intelligence gathering, regime changes, all costing millions of innocent civilians lives? Last I checked, we spend about 14 million dollars a day in the Middle East killing humans and trust me those numbers are only going up.

Is it only the fetus you care about? Or is this attack really just based on your partisan politics and you really don't give a damn about any of the above, only your party and championing it's "heroes"?

edit on 5-5-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Because the air forces bomb's dont kill babies right?

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FuggleHop

A woman taking the life of her own unborn, helpless child is the ultimate, selfish evil.
And I do not want anything to do with paying for it.
What is so hard to understand?
Anyone who has anything to do with murdering an unborn child will face justice at the end of their days.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Exactly! You and I are exactly alike Blue Ajah. Women should not be allowed to murder.

Remember when they want on that killing spree in the late 1960s? Sadie May Glutz and Susan atkins and their friends? That was years ago and the killing has simply got to stop! Its only gotten worse because of the liberal policies that have brought the usa to its knees.

Its time for women to face justice!!

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Please provide proof that someone underwent forced sterilization at Planned Parenthood.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Planned Parenthood has nothing to do with forced sterilizations.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

A bunch of lies. No, Margaret Sanger was not "active" with the KKK. She made it her mission to talk to any and all women about their options for birth control. It didn't matter who the women were. As long as they had vaginas and ovaries, she wanted to spread the word that women could have sex and not get pregnant if they didn't want to. Even KKK women.

Conservatives will do and say anything to discredit the woman responsible for saving women from a short lifetime of misery, because conservatives want to keep women enslaved to constant pregnancy baby mill hell, or no more sex for the rest of your life hell.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

A bunch of lies.

So sad, really sad, that all that anti-choice/forced birthers have to promote their case are lies. Lies about the founder of Planned Parenthood. Lies about tax dollars funding abortion. Lies about medical facts. Lies about pro-choice people and women who choose abortion. And on and on and on.

Ladies; Get Your Birth Control NOW While You Still Can

They're Coming For Your Birth Control!

Make no mistake. The present attack on the ACA, Planned Parenthood and women's reproductive services is none other than the extreme religious right still upset that married women can secretly have an affair or an abortion and unmarried women are having sex and getting abortions. Shameful!

The court decided that single people have the right to contraceptives. What’s that got to do with marriage? Everything, because what the Supreme Court essentially said is single people have the right to engage in sexual intercourse.

It’s not the contraception, everybody thinks it’s about contraception, but what this court case said was young people have the right to engage in sex outside of marriage. Society never gave young people that right, functioning societies don’t do that, they stop it, they punish it, they corral people, they shame people, they do whatever. The institution for the expression of sexuality is marriage and all societies always shepherded young people there, what the Supreme Court said was forget that shepherding, you can’t block that, that’s not to be done.

Family Research Council: Unmarried People Should Be Denied Birth Control And Punished For Having Sex
edit on 6-5-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

a reply to: dawnstar
It was a separate discussion on an overtime bill in another thread.

oh, then you are right, I didn't bother reading the bill. I also don't think I actually took part in any discussion about it..

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Throes

Oh really? You actually know the costs of abortions or did you just read that nonsense on some conservative blog and parrot it? I think that's what going on here.

Tax dollars do not fund abortions. That is a fact. You're the ignorant one.

I'm sorry you don't understand the principle of fungibility.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

A woman taking the life of her own unborn, helpless child is the ultimate, selfish evil.
Anyone who has anything to do with murdering an unborn child will face justice at the end of their days.

Well said. They know they are evil too. Some even celebrate it and talk about how good it made them feel.
Disgusting people.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

ya, we know....
it's is a far worse crime in the eyes of god to abort the twin babies growing inside a nine year old girl than it is for the sob stepfather to rape her and put her in that life threatening position to begin with!!

content.time.com...

abortion is legal, and even if this law does get through congress and the president's desk, it's gonna be challenged probably by more than just planned parenthood...
BECAUSE, MORE THAN LIKELY IT WILL AFFECT MORE THAN PLANNED PARENTHOOD!

like it or not, abortions ARE LEGAl in this country, and non profits like John Hopkins, Upstate Medical Center, and probably many more of the most advanced hopsitals in the country
1. are non-profits
2. offer abortion services
3. just may be receiving more than the $350,000,00 per year from Medicaid considering their revenues are reported to be over a trillion dollars and the percentage of medicaid patients are reported, at least in the case of upstate, over 50%.

for a bunch of people screaming to about gov't in our healthcare, it's kind of ironic that yous seem to want to control what kind of legal services they offer their patients like this!!!

The Obamacare bill that the Republican-controlled House passed today does not mention Planned Parenthood by name, but instead describes what it calls a “Prohibited Entity.”

The bill stipulates that for “the 1-year period beginning on the date of enactment of this Act,” the “Prohibited Entity” and its affiliates, subsidiaries and successors may not receive money from Medicaid and certain other mandatory federal funding streams.

The “Prohibited Entity” described by the bill is a nonprofit that provides abortions and receives more than $350,000,00 per year from Medicaid.

www.cnsnews.com...

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Well said. They know they are evil too. Some even celebrate it and talk about how good it made them feel.
Disgusting people.

Oh yes, it's as simple as that. There's never any situation when ending a pregnancy is the compassionate thing to do.

Instead of cinnamon and spice, our child came with technical terms like hydrocephalus and spina bifida. The spine, she said, had not closed properly, and because of the location of the opening, it was as bad as it got. What they knew — that the baby would certainly be paralyzed and incontinent, that the baby’s brain was being tugged against the opening in the base of the skull and the cranium was full of fluid — was awful. What they didn’t know — whether the baby would live at all, and if so, with what sort of mental and developmental defects — was devastating. Countless surgeries would be required if the baby did live. None of them would repair the damage that was already done.

The doctor who performed my termination talks about the women he has helped through the years — the pregnant woman who was diagnosed with metastic melanoma and needed immediate chemotherapy, the woman who was carrying conjoined twins that had only one set of lungs and one heart, the woman whose baby had a three-chambered heart and would never live. Now, he is turning these women away. “Now, today, I can say no, but what is she going to do?” he says sadly. “What is she going to do?”

www.ourbodiesourselves.org...

My aunt is friends on facebook with a couple who, against the advice of her physician, decided not to abort the child she was carrying with multiple health defects. I see posts from this woman all the time about how many surgeries this poor baby has had at not even 1 year old yet. All the episodes of seizures, high fevers, pain, etc. That poor child has been suffering from day one, with no real hope of ever living any kind of quality life. All because the parents didn't want to let go. Selfish, selfish, selfish.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: UKTruth

Disgusting people.

Oh yes, it's as simple as that. There's never any situation when ending a pregnancy is the compassionate thing to do.

Instead of cinnamon and spice, our child came with technical terms like hydrocephalus and spina bifida. The spine, she said, had not closed properly, and because of the location of the opening, it was as bad as it got. What they knew — that the baby would certainly be paralyzed and incontinent, that the baby’s brain was being tugged against the opening in the base of the skull and the cranium was full of fluid — was awful. What they didn’t know — whether the baby would live at all, and if so, with what sort of mental and developmental defects — was devastating. Countless surgeries would be required if the baby did live. None of them would repair the damage that was already done.

The doctor who performed my termination talks about the women he has helped through the years — the pregnant woman who was diagnosed with metastic melanoma and needed immediate chemotherapy, the woman who was carrying conjoined twins that had only one set of lungs and one heart, the woman whose baby had a three-chambered heart and would never live. Now, he is turning these women away. “Now, today, I can say no, but what is she going to do?” he says sadly. “What is she going to do?”

www.ourbodiesourselves.org...

My aunt is friends on facebook with a couple who, against the advice of her physician, decided not to abort the child she was carrying with multiple health defects. I see posts from this woman all the time about how many surgeries this poor baby has had at not even 1 year old yet. All the episodes of seizures, high fevers, pain, etc. That poor child has been suffering from day one, with no real hope of ever living any kind of quality life. All because the parents didn't want to let go. Selfish, selfish, selfish.

Yep, really that simple.
I don't have any time for vile child killers.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

And I don't have time for selfish people who force their babies to go through months or years of daily suffering. I also don't have time for small-minded, hateful, judgmental conservatives either.

So buh bye.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

And I don't have time for selfish people who force their babies to go through months or years of daily suffering. I also don't have time for small-minded, hateful, judgmental conservatives either.

So buh bye.

Perhaps we should take the decision to kill everyone who suffers in life.. after all it's selfish to force them to suffer life.

Sick child killers should be judged for exactly who they are.
Bye.

edit on 6/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Pretty sure in this instance the suffering is pain. Not simply suffering in life but go ahead and insert your signature hyperbole.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

wonder if medicaid is paying for any of this care? after all, it's probably an astronomical amount of money. I am also wondering just where these surgeries are taking place, if that hospital or the umbrella company it is sitting under has performed any abortions...

will the healthcare providers for this little child have to make a choice to basically run under much the same rules as all those catholic hospitals who leave women to suffer through miscarriages till the heartbeat stops and solves ectopic pregnancies by chopping out part of follopian tube once rupture posed a risk of imminent death, or refuse care for this little one because they've been kicked out of the medicaid program??

those who think that abortion is murder should just go ahead and try to get that supreme court decision overturned and stop playing with the lives of those that are too poor to be able to afford the insane healthcare system we have to live with!!!

posting this again because I don't believe anyone is reading it....

The Obamacare bill that the Republican-controlled House passed today does not mention Planned Parenthood by name, but instead describes what it calls a “Prohibited Entity.”

The bill stipulates that for “the 1-year period beginning on the date of enactment of this Act,” the “Prohibited Entity” and its affiliates, subsidiaries and successors may not receive money from Medicaid and certain other mandatory federal funding streams.

The “Prohibited Entity” described by the bill is a nonprofit that provides abortions and receives more than $350,000,00 per year from Medicaid.

www.cnsnews.com...

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

wonder if medicaid is paying for any of this care? after all, it's probably an astronomical amount of money. I am also wondering just where these surgeries are taking place, if that hospital or the umbrella company it is sitting under has performed any abortions...

I know the mother said that insurance was only covering part of it, and that it was an astronomical amount of money - and I know they aren't well off at all. They were traveling to different hospitals for different kinds of surgeries - on life flight - which isn't cheap either. That child has never been anywhere outside of hospitals in his entire first year of life - looks like he will never be able to go home. The epitome of selfishness. It will be a relief to me when they post that he has finally died. I'm so angry at seeing the descriptions of all the pain and suffering he is going through and it could have all been prevented, because they knew before he was ever born.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
The way I read your post, it seems you are suggesting, then, that the solution to high crime is preemptive capital punishment. Yes?

No, actually I am pointing out that yer average pro-lifer exists in a totally one dimensional universe and their interest in that much-bandied-about life ends around the time a child's head is crowning. God forbid they support that life from then on! The freakonomics supplementary is simply a gob-smacking example of a ripple effect through society. But thanks for asking.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join