It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students suspended for liking racist photos on Instagram

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

We don't know if the claim of "public shaming" is true.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: shooterbrody

public shaming doesn`t seem to be on the list of disciplines, so the school violated their own discipline code but I guess that`s ok as long as they had good intentions.

liking a person who harasses other people also doesn`t seem to be a violation of any of the school codes.
it also doesn`t clearly state that the school discipline code applies to all aspects of your life both in school and out of school.
since it`s called a school discipline code and not a life discipline code one would assume that it doesn`t apply to your life outside of school since the school has no legal authority to discipline anyone for things they do outside of school.

As to the "public shaming", I have never heard of that kind of event before, but if they use that at the school they had better use it equally.
I would agree with you about the in and out of school argument, except the image contained another student and a staff member. Again the kid and the parent would have been aware of this as they would have signed off on the policy at the beginning of the school year.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
just my opinion , but :

the picture was of a student and a member of staff - not some random abstract // generic carricature

let that sink in for a moment

these idiots [ thats the polite term ] think that death threats against real people = ok

now put yourselves in the shoes of the black student / staff member - cockwombles at your own school think killing you is cool

i take death threats VERY seriously

would YOU like to be in an environment populated with people who think your death is a desirable outcome ?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I would say in what context these images are displayed??

If it's someone messing about and having a laugh, then it's acceptable but if it's someone who means this seriously... to hang black people... then its kinda influencing others to do just that IMO.

I disagree, I think context should never matter.

If it does, who gets to determine what's acceptable and what's not?

This opens up a road to authoritarianism.

well... that would mean taking simple look at any posts/comments before the picture of a black guy being hanged or any guy being hang. What was said before? If the dialogue is a humourous dialogue where there's back and forth banter, then you can tell the post where the guy is hanging is a joke to do with the past banter/joke but if the dialogue is serious swearing getting all attacking/defensive then i think you can tell its serious.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
Liking racism likeing terrorism. There is no smoke with out fire all. Bet these are real dangerous racist scums.
Hope this morons name put on criminal list and never able to get a job or lead normal life.

You can not change what lays in the hearts of men.

Not even with the boot of the state on their necks ready to snap it.

The 14th amendment gives everyone the RIGHT to life,liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

So HATERS GONNA HATE.

And there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Trying to fight it only strengthens it.

Live and Let Live.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

If we don't fight it?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

If we don't fight it?

So you want to go around beating people in to submission in to your preferred ideology ?

The op represented nothing more than a thought crime.

They broke NO law.
edit on 5-5-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

When you look at what the liberals have been doing the past 8 years its no wonder kids would be getting into that kind of stuff. From what I can tell that's their GOAL, which means that individual turning racist was a victory.

edit on 5-5-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Unfortunately many poor "white" kids have long been experiencing that type environment. You just don't hear about it because it doesn't fit the MSM propaganda agenda, i.e., white bad, black good.
www.nydailynews.com...

A 13-year-old boy who police say was doused with gasoline and lit on fire last week while walking home from school is recovering from first-degree burns to his face and head. The boy was just two blocks from his home in Kansas City Tuesday when two teenagers began to follow him and then attacked him, his mother, Melissa Coon, said. Police have described the suspects as black 16-year-olds, while the victim is white.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Where did I say that suggests we go around beating people into submission?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You mean the SJWs and BLM?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Where did I say that suggests we go around beating people into submission?

What DO you think this means?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Okay, so a third of 'liberals' are SJW/BLM, another third defend the SJW/BLM (online debates etc), and the other third turn their cheek. Then there's this marginal lot out there whom are like the 'liberals' from like 10-15 years ago, whom the rest call uncle tom's.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

It means that good men should try to combat evil? That we should fight against hatred and racism?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Ok so a third of conservatives are like the Westboro Baptist Church folks and the other third defend them.
See how that works?
The media is playing you like a fiddle.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

It means that good men should try to combat evil? That we should fight against hatred and racism?

What what RIGHT ?

Cause the 14th is on their side.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I think my posts got lost in translation to you. Obviously I never meant we should be going around beating people up and force them into submission.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

How else you gonna get rid of 'racism'.

And for the record D.

Bigotry has many forms in this country, and it not limited to any one race,group,or ideology.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Ok so a third of conservatives are like the Westboro Baptist Church folks and the other third defend them.
See how that works?
The media is playing you like a fiddle.

That's just my estimation from careful observations on ATS the past year.

I'm not a conservative, while they havent given me cause yet on these matters to go for their jugular.

I just call out insanity as I see it, and on this front the NuLiberal's are an entirely different animal than back in the Bush days.

I've yet to see a story involving a hate crime against a minority (not that there have been that many to begin with) where half the resident (or rather ANY of) conservative types came in going nuts derailing the thread and justifying the logic of the assailants.

Hate crime on white people, here come the resident liberals a running in to damage control. And until that changes I'll keep crucifying that kind of logic. Note I'm not even talking about liberals/minorities merely holding racist feelings (like the ultimate nature of story here), thats one thing, whatever, people are innately tribalists and I get that (as much as it in general irritates me) so I dont normally make it my business to go around thought shaming people. But actual brutal attacks, now that's another thing entirely (like the autistic kid who was abducted and tortured for days on end posted on youtube almost live and resident liberals came rushing in to cover for the monsters that did it).
edit on 5-5-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

The federal lawsuit is correct in this case, as they are a government entity trying to stifle the speech of a citizen.

Im willing to give ISD's a wide berth when it comes to the powers they choose to exercise. This, however, it a bit too far.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join