It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Joke Known as the AHCA (HR 1628)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: AnonyMason
I could really give a rat's ass. Not my problem anymore. Insurers are still required by law to not deny coverage for pre-existing conditions.

If they have to pay more so be it. The majority of pre existing conditions are a result of piss poor regard for ones health throughout a person's life. Like alcoholism, smoking tobacco, # diet, and lack of physical activity. Only a very small % is people born with conditions or cancers.

Moral of the story, take care of your damn body, you only live one life.

This right here is why the GOP are still in power. To many people lack critical thinking skills and empathy.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: AnonyMason

The only qualification for this bill to be considered good is that it repeals Obamacare. It doesn't actually have to be better than Obamacare.

I have bad news then this AMENDS the ACA. It is not a repeal.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

NPR ... whatevs ... I posted a link to a guy who works in the industry and understands how it operates and what this bill will do.

I didn't say it was sunshine and roses and neither did he. He explained what it would do and that was all.

NPR is busy telling everyone that we're all going to die.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You dont listen to NPR then if that is what you think they are pushing.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
There is a key difference in that, universal health care as it is practiced in countries that label it that do not come with co-pays, high deductibles, separate high risk coverage pools, death panels??, statements saying "this procedure is not covered under your plan" , annual premiums increasing exponentially, etc.. etc..

Big difference here. Hence the term universal. Sure would be a dream come true. But for now I will settle for a lack of an existence tax, and the second amendment.

originally posted by: ZenTam
What pisses me off and I don't understand why???......

They are making huge choices that directly affect OUR lives yet we aren't allowed to vote on it. WTF!!!??? We vote on every other thing for local state issues. We vote in the mayors, governors, senators, congress and the president, so why aren't we voting on this? It is a big deal, medical care for our own bodies, yet we have no say. They can write and approve or deny a million bills, but we the people should have the final say. After all, its my body, life and money.

That is a very good point, and brings up an interesting idea. What can we do as citizens involved in our civics to drive an initiative to force health care into a national referendum?? Is it even constitutionally possible to have a national referendum on something? If so, what kind of petitions and how many signatures would be needed to even bring this thought into existence?? We have heard over the years of a handful of countries that had referendums for their independence, or secession . Why can't the USA have one for determine our health care options? It may even force the establishment to finally cut back on defense spending, although that is coming soon anyways due to global economic warfare factors.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The money needed to fund a proper assistance to pre-existing conditions is 100 billion they have 8 billion set aside for that

This is a national disgrace.

This country is a disgrace to humanity

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm for it.

Obamacare was a disaster for my family and I lost my insurance because I couldn't afford the premiums which doubled to more than a mortgage.

My wife lost her doctor. I honestly believe if it wasn't for Obamacare I'd probably have a child now.

Democrats want to talk about the 23 million new insurance holder, I doubt that number, and I wonder why they don't talk about the millions of middle class Americans who lost their insurance because they could no longer afford it.

This was a bail out from the middle class to the lower class.

edit on 5/5/17 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

This plan likely wont be better than the ACA which of course was flawed because its a corporate plan.

The US is ignorant and decrepit that they don't do a national single payer.

They won't because the whores in congress and the white house are bought and paid for by the most corrupt system in the western world--the US.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

They won't because the whores in congress and the white house are bought and paid for by the most corrupt system in the western world--the US.

a reply to: Willtell

Actually it is because the majority of Americans don't want another Big Government Slush Fund Program that taxes workers and producers while waste fraud and abuse runs rampant. I know that's hard for other countries to comprehend, but most American Americans are just made that way.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Many people complaining about the politicians but in reality the companies involved in all aspects of healthcare are dodging bullets daily since if price gouging laws were ever meant to serve a purpose its this.

An operation I need pretty regularly after insurance (and i have great insurance) costs me 4500-7000 dollars in the states. So I learned long ago its cheaper for me to fly home to Greece on Friday night just to get it done there Saturday and be back Sunday for work the next day. Why? Well I dont need insurance there. I pay 100% out of pocket which costs between 60-80 euros each time. Or 75-100$. The guy I usually go to really thinks im exaggerating or lying when I tell him I can't believe how he struggles since anyone doing the operation in the states would make between 110-350,000 dollars a year. Anyway its crazy when a last minute international airfare and operation cost 1500-3000 dollars cheaper than the same thing here. And 4-8c a pill for medication going for 4-20$ a pill here?? Insane
edit on 5/6/2017 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

NPR ... whatevs ... I posted a link to a guy who works in the industry and understands how it operates and what this bill will do.

I didn't say it was sunshine and roses and neither did he. He explained what it would do and that was all.

No they are not. Stop with the libel/slander. I know several people who "work in the industry" as well. And I know your next move is to suggest that I'm not credible. That's you all's best trick.

Doesn't change the facts, though. Does not negate actual mathematically/scientifically sound facts.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE LOAD OF CRAP.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Republicans are piles of crap that belong in a pooper scooper- not running our nation.
Thanks retards, I mean Trump voters.

(post by thesaneone removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

NPR is biased.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

NPR and CSpan are great information and truthful.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: xuenchen

NPR and CSpan are great information and truthful.

Great info yes.

Truthful mostly not.

Just big biased propaganda.

If "they" knew so much, why all the political failures for decades and decades ?

All very controlled.

edit on May-07-2017 by xuenchen because: msmloudness

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22204123]xuenchen[/pos

That's your opinion. I would encourage all to watch both and decide for themselves. All part of the forensics of finding the truth.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

They should also watch this:

Now is not the time for despair or giving up. Now is the time for fighting back....don't let them silence you, Mom.

and if they don't want to watch Bernie's truth-telling, they can watch this (and maybe get a laugh out of it. If only they'd realize how toolish (sic) they are):

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

NPR is biased.

Towards facts. Yes, it is. It has a habit of reporting facts, and thoughtful analyses, and investigative (and sourced) journalism.

Whether you reject it or don't has no bearing on what is reality.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join