It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Joke Known as the AHCA (HR 1628)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I don't think Obamacare will be repealed.The repubs in the Senate don't have enough votes to pass anything.So they will just punt on it and wait until Obamacare crashes and we have an even worse health crisis.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

lol... looking what just passed congress...
I think I can kiss any idea of having healthcare again in my life goodbye...

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You can please some of the people some of time.
You can please all of the people some of the time.
But you can never please all of the people all of the time.

Americans have different philosophies, ideologies, needs, wants, and outlooks on personal responsibility and what constitutes charitable actions.

It gets very confusing when trying to keep up with what the healthcare maneuvers in government are all about.

IMO, everything was fine before Obama stuck his nose in it. We should have passed some kind of discriminatory law about preexisting conditions, and provided for kids still in school to stay on their parents' plan till 26.

Why did we have to go a mess up what most of us were happy with? But, when a Democrat is in office, all they can think about is what new tax can we implement to waste, abuse, and fraudulently manipulate for our and our donor's benefit.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I would also add that healthy people tend to show up to work a lot more.
And insured people tend to get regular screenings, checkups, etc., that help them get healthy.
People without insurance tend to head to the ER when there's an issue. If they can't pay, that cost gets passed on to the people who do have insurance.

Obamacare was by no means perfect, but it was a good step in the right direction.
I don't see why the republicans didn't want to work with the democrats to fine-tune it.
Oh right, that might have actually resembled bipartisanship for the good of the people, rather than toeing the party line.
Drives me nuts.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
a reply to: dawnstar

I would also add that healthy people tend to show up to work a lot more.
And insured people tend to get regular screenings, checkups, etc., that help them get healthy.
People without insurance tend to head to the ER when there's an issue. If they can't pay, that cost gets passed on to the people who do have insurance.

Obamacare was by no means perfect, but it was a good step in the right direction.
I don't see why the republicans didn't want to work with the democrats to fine-tune it.
Oh right, that might have actually resembled bipartisanship for the good of the people, rather than toeing the party line.
Drives me nuts.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

multiple neighbors growing food which we trade around. Chickens and eggs, lettuce, carrots, peppers, tomatoes, onions, herbs and spices all being grown between four homes.

Yep! We have neighbors with chickens and others with gardens, and I'm the neighborhood contact waiting to hear back from the Water Company (that serves the county south of us) about allowing us to have a community garden on their "vacant" lot (it's a mowed, nicely fenced, flat lot that gets plenty of sun.

I am not against Universal healthcare, and it seems Trump is not either. But Mandatory health insurance is not universal coverage, and the President still has to navigate the difficult realities of politics in Washington.

Same thinking here.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Trump supporter here.
I support this bill. I also support universal health care. I do not support mandatory insurance. Trump is too awesome of a President to be adequately described with words.

Clearly it doesn't occur to you that single payer or universal health care, it doesn't matter, it's still mandatory insurance. The way it's paid is just different. It either comes from your taxes or from your paycheck, but you are still paying for it and it is still mandatory. That's what keeps costs down.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If congress is required to use the same healthcare programs the rest of us use this wouldn't even be an issue.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The local talk radio guy has a regular segment with an expert in health insurance, and this morning, he interviewed him to break down the good, bad, and ugly in the House Bill.

It's not all bad, but it's not all good, either. It sounds most like a roll back to a lot of what we had before.

www.kcmotalkradio.com...

You want the Interview with Cary Hall podcast.

*EDIT* Fixed the link.
edit on 5-5-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
If congress is required to use the same healthcare programs the rest of us use this wouldn't even be an issue.

They apparently "were", but maybe not if the new laws pass.

That will end in January 2014, when lawmakers and some of their staff will be required under the health care law to pick from plans in the health care law’s new marketplaces. They are the only Americans facing this requirement, although Uncle Sam will still continue to pick up most of the cost.

old politifact story

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

When somebody without insurance uses an ER, the hospital takes the loss.

If the hospital is public, the County taxpayers fund the deficits.

Nothing to do with the cost of an insurance policy.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

Obamacare ... so perfect that all but 4 counties in Iowa will have no insurance plans to choose from.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Like I said, Obamacare was by no means perfect.
While I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of the situation in Iowa, I do personally know a lot of people who received critical care and procedures under Obamacare--and they couldn't afford insurance before.
Plenty of hard-working, educated people who work for an employer that doesn't provide insurance.
Obamacare helped fill that gap. Just sayin.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

And there are likewise plenty of people who had the inverse - lost plans they had that they could afford and then either were forced to pick up plans that cost way more with no help that offered them benefits they could not afford to use or they simply could not afford the plans at all and are going without and paying the penalty.

Everyone cries about all the people who will lose now, but no one cried about the people who lost when they first happened.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Obamacare ... so perfect that all but 4 counties in Iowa will have no insurance plans to choose from.

Nobody in the Knoxville area either. Obamacare was collapsing with the Democrats doing nothing to fix it over recent years. They have no right to complain and whine now. It's out of their hands.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I understand what you're saying. I don't personally know anyone who lost insurance due to Obamacare, but that doesn't mean much. I just don't see why the republicans couldn't work with the dems to make some adjustments and work it out.

Oh well. Nothing I can do about it. Now we have Repubicare in the works. Given what usually motivates that party, I'm not going to hold my breath.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
What pisses me off and I don't understand why???......

They are making huge choices that directly affect OUR lives yet we aren't allowed to vote on it. WTF!!!??? We vote on every other thing for local state issues. We vote in the mayors, governors, senators, congress and the president, so why aren't we voting on this? It is a big deal, medical care for our own bodies, yet we have no say. They can write and approve or deny a million bills, but we the people should have the final say. After all, its my body, life and money.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

When somebody without insurance uses an ER, the hospital takes the loss.

If the hospital is public, the County taxpayers fund the deficits.

Bravo. You got it.

Well done.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

edit on 5/5/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: bleh. kcmo. whatevz. try steve kratzke, on NPR.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Why did we have to go a mess up what most of us were happy with? But, when a Democrat is in office, all they can think about is what new tax can we implement to waste, abuse, and fraudulently manipulate for our and our donor's benefit.

That seems like a good enough reason to cause American deaths. Because democrats increase taxes while they're in office lets repeal the sections of Obamacare that keep costs lower for working and poor families and give those back to corporations by the billions. Throw in more tax breaks for the wealthiest sections of America's population and sprinkle in 25 million poor people who won't be able to afford any of it. That will teach people to be poor and in need of health care. Who do they think they are? Human beings?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join