It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The golden rule ..those who have the gold rule.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I found this rather long lecture very informative. As it seems very salient with regards to what is actually happening in the macro economic sector. Each reserve currency in the last five hundred years has lasted about a hundred years, The holder of the reserve gets about a hundred years of privileged growth. When the reserve currency status is handed over to another entity, the result is always the same. The debts of the holder get too much to pay off so an inevitable reset has to occur. The reset occurs in three stages, at present we are almost through the first stage.
China has agreed to pay off "Gold Bonds" issued in nineteen thirteen, this gives China the right for the top table along with the BRICS. Since the bonds were issued before the present Communist regime took over, then reneged on when the Communist government took over its a big deal. What is another interesting big deal is that in the small print of legislation passed in 2015, America gave up the right to be the holder of the reserve currency.
This is the reason for the twenty trillion in unpayable debt, it was all preplanned ,the end of the first stage is very close, a period of hyperinflation, a recall, of Americans on foreign soil, along with the closing down of bases. Then the new world currency factored in with other commodities. Each time the reset happens, power shrinks to a smaller group.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Just buy all the bitcoin.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

very informative, 20 minutes in I am going on pause. I had a feeling this was coming due to all of the alternative financial institutions being created in the East that directly rival Western ones. This October will hold a surprise indeed. This current lull in price should hold through the rest of May. A good time to buy that dip so to speak.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

The golden rule?

The golden rule is always guard your tool.

Or so i was lead to believe.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Once they went off the gold standard, endless debt commenced. Since they have all the gold in their basement vaults they can borrow till it breaks our backs. They know when it crashes, they'll wipe the debt slate clean and start over.

"Reset" is a gentle Euphemism.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

especially when someone asks, what's the capital of Thailand...

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

hey, so a lot of things seem to be lining up for third quarter here. Its looking more and more like that October timeline that Goldman Sachs warned about could bring about some market turmoil, especially if there is in fact a government shutdown for which they are saying is 50%. I am going to take advantage of this price dip and increase my silver holdings another couple hundred ounces. Maybe an ounce or two of gold as well. We shall see how it looks by years end.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I invest in metal, play the futures mkt. some. But my question has always been....

When the economy tanks and you hold gold and silver... who's going to buy it.

I'm seriously thinking of divesting my metal holdings and investing in property on some tropical beach island.

China will be an economic world power very soon and the dollar will be SOL.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
The same people who buy it today. Government's and central banks. This occurs through the plethora of bullion, coin, jewelry, and pawn dealers. All of civilization and the institutions and power brokers that run them does not just cease to exist when an economy goes stinky. Bullion is always accepted by whoever has power.

And remember, even if you had as much as ten pounds of gold, which even today would be more than enough to buy a nice size family home in the city in full and then some for repairs upgrades and a car, its nothing compared to lugging around the thousands of rounds of ammo or finding a safe dry place for stored medical supplies.

Either or works. One might have trouble finding a buyer if your municipality was just leveled by an earthquake, hurricane, or flood. That would be true of cash as well though. Either way, eventually civilization finds you in a day or two an you can liquidate to your hearts content at that point.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

When whatever crisis happens, at the end of it when things get back to the new normal, I'd rather bet on a silver or gold bar to make a transaction, than a bitcoin or a fiat currency. In Venezuela an ounce of silver will get you three months of food, and two ounces of gold will get you a house. Real money cant be beaten.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Oh i don't know, money, to me, is simply a means to an end.

Personally i hate the stuff as it seems to be directly responsible for a hell of a lot of woe, strife, and pain not to mention avarice, war, and geopolitical upheaval.

End of the day, in this day of age, money does not even really exist in the quantities our banks and financial institutions report short of as 1s and 0s in some server farm.

It's all just a big pyramid/ponzi scheme that ultimately will all end in tears, our tears not the bankers and corporations, but the common Mans tears.

And we facilitate these banker bastards with our trust, hopes, and dreams. Christ it you did not laugh you would have to bloody cry at the sheer stupidity of it all.
edit on 5-5-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

This is a great vid from the Islamist point of view, and shock horror he is right! www.youtube.com...

top topics

join