It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being who you think you are

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 5 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

You can believe you are what you think you are, but that belief would be founded on a mistaken identity.
A thought is like a painters brush that tries to reproduce what is seen and yet can never achieve it. Sure we can say
what a great reproduction, but let us not fool ourselves the painting or the thought is nowhere near what it tries to emulate. So with that in mind, trying becomes an unneeded effort.Something we are all taught that we must abide in, trying to be oneself. our true self is always being effortless.
Unfortunately, we are being trained constantly to be what we are not. the good news is that can easily be cast aside if one chooses to remove the disguises.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

Beautifully put, AT.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Oh my that is great. Something I've heard a million times before, but never in such a way! I'm leaving for work now but this will be with me throughout the day. I need this in my life, I'm what Hollywood, teachers, and society has made me. I am not myself, today I'll start the journey of discovery into the real me. God bless AT!

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Someone once told me you are not who you think you are. You are not what other people think you are. You are what you think other people think you are.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Wow I was actually thinking about this last night. Thanks for posting. I'm going to take this as my cue to keep letting go of the conditioning I've put myself through in life and just be in relative peace.

-Alee

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Someone once told me you are not who you think you are. You are not what other people think you are. You are what you think other people think you are.

That just sent me into a weird mode.

I tried to think what other people think of me and couldn't stop thinking of what I think of myself. Then I tried remembering what people have said about me.

I can come up with no answer as to what I am, no answer as to what I think others think of me, but only answers as to what people have said to me.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Recently I stopped trying and started doing, no effort required.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

You are a good man Tarz.

Don't worry about it.

Peace be with you.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Emulation of anyone is a fiction of course admiration of ones skill(s) and talent(s) can be appreciated, one can sit down without any word or help and just take the time to practice those skills.

Of course, many interests and hobbies can cause someone to lose a lot of focus... of course stuck on just a few then someone is not going to get much inspiration from other sources or areas that may co mingle.

So leaves come and go fall and open but the evergreen knows no season.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If I was to just be as I truly am, I would be jobless and just sit around all day smoking bowls and playing my instruments and video games.

I am extremely lazy at heart, I have to force myself to not be lazy because I have no choice.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I get where you are coming from, but this thread is about knowing the difference between the makeup and who you really are. The problem always occurs when one believes they are what they do and think alone.a reply to: Alexander the Great

new topics

top topics

join