It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it angels o demons that load the dice?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Two relationships that unfolded that seemed random occurances at the time, but now don't. One lead me into a good situation, and one that lead me into a very bad situation.

I have doubt that we have free will in our interactions. But the question for me is whether the beings or the force that leads us to connections that are or are not in our best interests are helping or exploiting.

I don't think we live in a free will zone.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Well, if you aren't pleasing your guardian angel, it will punish you till you get things right. Angels both help and punish people. They are the authors of this reality we live in.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I refuse to believe that angels punish. Sorry.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

One of the X-men movies had a quick speech in it, I don't know if it was "borrowed", from someone else but it goes something like this:

"Time is like a river, it flows constantly. We have the free will to throw pebbles and rocks. Slightly altering but never changing the eventuality."

That resonates most with me in the aspect of free will and whom we meet and what comes of it.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, if you aren't pleasing your guardian angel, it will punish you till you get things right. Angels both help and punish people. They are the authors of this reality we live in.

I've never heard of Holy angels ( guardian angels ) punishing 🤔. We do have natural consequences to sinful choices that may appear as punishment but they are really just cause and effect.
Also not sure how you can call them authors of the reality we live in? They co exist in reality with us for the purpose of guiding and protecting on behalf of God.
Maybe I'm not understanding how you mean those words 🤷🏻‍♀️.. so my apologies if I chose to challenge you on them.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: droid56

Look in the old testament of the bible. Who is actually punishing the people who go against gods laws. It is not Satan who punishes people, it is god who does the punishment, or his son's the angels. Who is sending the angels to destroy the unruly in Revelations? Satan is just the one who tests people. It seems all people are actually punished by god. Demons, I have not researched much, seems they are crabby spirits that can take over our bodies and minds sometimes. .

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

The Old Testament is not worthy of those that choose love.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Look in the old testament of the bible. Who is actually punishing the people who go against gods laws. It is not Satan who punishes people, it is god who does the punishment, or his son's the angels. Who is sending the angels to destroy the unruly in Revelations? Satan is just the one who tests people. It seems all people are actually punished by god. Demons, I have not researched much, seems they are crabby spirits that can take over our bodies and minds sometimes. .

You're right .. there are some angels that their purpose is to carry out God's plans of punishment..not sure if guardian angels do that though 😕

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

The Old Testament is not worthy of those that choose love.

If you choose love, then you do not have to worry about the old man punishing you.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

You're right .. there are some angels that their purpose is to carry out God's plans of punishment..not sure if guardian angels do that though 😕

The guardian angel has two jobs, one to protect you and the other is to keep you on the right path. It works with other angels to accomplish this, your guardian will either inform the others you need correction, or allow something to happen to you. He is a judge, he does not actually punish you, he allows evil and greedy people to target you or he will just allow the angels to take over someone and cause something to happen to you.

I am totally making this all up as I go.
It just seems to me that if the guardian let you go astray, he would not be doing what is in the best interest for you.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
If something good or bad happens to you it is because of whatever action you took to lead you to result you find yourself in. Praying about your initial intention only gives you hope and faith in you getting something greater in return. Just my spin on how I view things.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Angels and Demons are not real.

The Human race when not kept in line is historically a barbaric creature.

If God does have a plan, then said entities even if they somehow existed could not as well carry a weight on what you do/which direction you go, it would go against God's plan as this is all going according to "plan" and we are not allowed or "wise enough" to know its mysterious ways. Makes you wonder about prayer too.

Peace.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Just asking
where do you get angels punish people from?
I have never heard that in my life

Angels, biblically are considered messengers

*edit* you were making it up, fair enough, sorry, should have read down
silly me
edit on 5-5-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Overall, neither angels or demons. There is free will, however sometimes the cards are played against someone. Forces of the universe? Conspiracy?!

Or you can take the hyped scientist/researcher,trans humanist route,etc., we're all characters in a video game, or so it is claimed. Random numbers generators are a pain.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

There is my thought. I don't think that God himself does all things by himself. I assume there are exalted beings with authority to act on his behalf. Sort of like generals.

When I think of God I tend to think of angels in authority acting on his behalf as well as God himself.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Yahweh caused a genocidal flood because he 'regretted creating us', and carpet bombed two major cities with brimstone fire balls because we weren't playing nice. I would rather trust Ted Bundy to care for human affairs than this character. If angels work for him, I wouldn't let them guide my dog..

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
You have the free will to choose or change the situation your in... Before, during, after.

It's not always about sides but the opportunity to think and act.

Edit..If we are being pulled in one or another direction it's not because it's good/evil it's because it's all a test.

That test is individual for each of us.
edit on 5 5 2017 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I think maybe we create situations ourselves, subconsciously. I think we don't listen to our 'gut instinct' or our hearts nearly enough or are blinded with emotion and can become irrational which can cloud our judgement (back to the first sentence) and/or sometimes things are just coincidence and no one controls. Or, the other people in our lives situations and subconsciousness bleeds over into our reality.
I suppose I don't have a firm belief, it changes all of the time.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Free will isn't negated even if certain events are ordered or certain individuals are purposefully led into your life.

I think Proverbs 16:9 might best answer the question of how our free will effects what actually happens in our lives.

"A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps."

Also, the events in our lives can be impacted by the free will decisions of others, and also time and chance.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

i refuse to believe in angels

^ based on evidence presented for thier existence

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join