It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump in NYC says Australia has better health care -- it has a universal coverage system

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: chr0naut

It is only in third world countries that they don't.

Quite a few 3rd world countries have free health care . 1st world standards , probably not but its free .

en.wikipedia.org...

I would have thought that the fact that everyone can afford essential healthcare is a criteria that defines a first world country.

... and Detroit!

The US is a belligerent feudal fiefdom. It has the highest incarceration rate in the world. It is not democratic and is not 'first world', by any means, to the majority of its citizens.

It took me 66 years to see that is true. I have been deluded my whole life about American and americans. We lay down our lives for the rich and kill everyone else, slowly.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I keep telling people Trump leans democrat they dont believe me. More often than not hes opposite republicans on social issues.Where they agree is economic.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: markosity1973

i have no doubt your system meets your needs
i find it silly you can buy additional insurance and get better or faster treatment
i find it funny you call the better or faster treatment "american style"

i would be happy to pay a total of 21% and then everyone is covered
i am not currently willing to add to my 25% when its not enough
the govt will just crap it away
my insurance was much much better before obamacare my plan was too expensive and was no longer offered by blue cross blue shield
the plan i got is now just as expensive with less coverage and more out of picket cost

You just can't wrap your head around this... I totally see where you are coming from dude, but you are seeing this from a purely American point of view.

I'm from the UK.

Whatever health issues I have, are covered. There is no issue of "coverage". You can't necessarily get better treatment even if you do pay for private health care, as the NHS is pretty good. Paying for private would net you additional privacy, comfort, superficial things like that and I suppose in some cases, yes, better health care, but at the end of the day you are still relying on the staff to do their best for you. In almost all my experience, NHS staff give their best, so regardless of how much I spend, I get the same treatment for all intents and purposes.

If I have a grazed knee, I can get it patched up for free.
If I have cancer, I can get treatment for free.

Yes, I'm aware I pay for it in taxes... but I can't think of anything I would rather the government spend taxes on than the health of society, can you?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

You mean except for social issues like immigration, LGBT protections, "stop & frisk" policies, Muslims in America, women's rights issues like keeping his hands off of random women's crotches, right?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

people not motivated by money or ego....that sounds like a childs fairy tale

No. Speak for yourself. Maybe you are motivated by money or ego, but that's on you.

It's very common for medical professionals to be drawn to the field due to situations like the loss of a parent or a sibling at a young age, and the desire to prevent such losses in the future. That's what motivates people to research curing diseases, and to be able to save lives. If you're just in it for the money/ego, then you have no business looking after the well being of others.

People who actually give a damn tend to make far better medical professionals than those merely driven by money/ego.
edit on 5/5/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

its obviously very common for you to be full of crap
you dont know me
you do not decide who can work in the health care industry and who can not
i have
have you

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Maybe Trump is looking way down the road.
He tweeted "death spiral" after the house health care debate which *might* have been a Trumfork concerning Senate passage of the current bill.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

its obviously very common for you to be full of crap

Sounds like you're projecting.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Trump never ceases to amaze me. The United States is the only major country that doesn't have universal health care! If Australia has such a great Universal Health Care system why not establish the same here in the U.S.? We don't hear the citizens of these countries complaining about their healthcare system like we do in the U.S.. How many failed healthcare programs is the U.S. going to put in place until our representatives and President realize it's the only alternative to guarantee healthcare to it's citizens.

As the leader of the free world and the leading critic of human rights abuse, the U.S. government should be ashamed of themselves for ignoring the basic human right to provide all their citizens healthcare. Out government can use our children to sacrifice their lives for their political conflicts, yet deny families the right to preserve their lives.

The impact of incorporating a healthcare tax is much more manageable than citizens and businesses paying out hundreds and thousands of dollars in premiums per month! The only people complaining will be those who currently receive the best healthcare coverage with minimum or no monthly premiums through their place of employment. Our government representatives would be included in that group!

The argument that "healthcare is not a human right" or "I shouldn't be required to pay for someone's healthcare coverage" is like kicking a person to the curb and letting them die. I think American citizens and humanity are much more caring than that.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

You mean except for social issues like immigration, LGBT protections, "stop & frisk" policies, Muslims in America, women's rights issues like keeping his hands off of random women's crotches, right?

Hes for LGBT protections why people like Milo back him hes against stop and frisk policies and as for the rest you drank the cool aid he has nothing against women. And the so called muslim ban wasnt really a ban when it only applied to 7 countries. And it also effected Christians as well. Please dont try to pass off fake news as fact. Im far for being for Trump in fact ive had several rants about him. But there is no point in bold face lies no need he gives all kinds of ammo as he keeps changing his mind on everything.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Trump never ceases to amaze me. The United States is the only major country that doesn't have universal health care! If Australia has such a great Universal Health Care system why not establish the same here in the U.S.? We don't hear the citizens of these countries complaining about their healthcare system like we do in the U.S.. How many failed healthcare programs is the U.S. going to put in place until our representatives and President realize it's the only alternative to guarantee healthcare to it's citizens.

As the leader of the free world and the leading critic of human rights abuse, the U.S. government should be ashamed of themselves for ignoring the basic human right to provide all their citizens healthcare. Out government can use our children to sacrifice their lives for their political conflicts, yet deny families the right to preserve their lives.

The impact of incorporating a healthcare tax is much more manageable than citizens and businesses paying out hundreds and thousands of dollars in premiums per month! The only people complaining will be those who currently receive the best healthcare coverage with minimum or no monthly premiums through their place of employment. Our government representatives would be included in that group!

The argument that "healthcare is not a human right" or "I shouldn't be required to pay for someone's healthcare coverage" is like kicking a person to the curb and letting them die. I think American citizens and humanity are much more caring than that.

Problem is the republicans they wont set up a single payor system at least not yet. They are slowly moving in that direction but they arent there yet.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

How are they slowly moving in that direction? There's a single payer bill in Congress right now that has 108 cosponsors and not a single Republican supports it (HERE). And since Republicans control both chambers of Congress, this bill won't even get voted on unless Republican leadership chooses to put it to a vote.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

He flat out said during campaign season that he'd bring more Stop & Frisk, not less. He revoked Obama's "Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces" executive order (Executive Order 13673) which provided LGBT protections in the workplace. And you said "More often than not hes opposite republicans on social issues", which is a flat out lie when looking at his policies towards Muslims since his policies are the same as Republicans when dealing with Islam.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

How are they slowly moving in that direction? There's a single payer bill in Congress right now that has 108 cosponsors and not a single Republican supports it (HERE). And since Republicans control both chambers of Congress, this bill won't even get voted on unless Republican leadership chooses to put it to a vote.

Have you looked at the latest bill in healthcare this bill is very similar to obama care. Why several republicans fought it the first time. Democrats have had to come to the realization that americans want everyone covered. They just have one more step to make and realize there is only one way to do it. As they say baby steps but i think eventually they will conclude the same thing.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
As an australian yes i agree we do but its open to abuse. Example anyone can use it even illegal imigrants as there is no need for proof you are the card holder and no picture of you to positive id you.

We have what is called a Medicare card.
edit on 5-5-2017 by MegaSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

He flat out said during campaign season that he'd bring more Stop & Frisk, not less. He revoked Obama's "Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces" executive order (Executive Order 13673) which provided LGBT protections in the workplace. And you said "More often than not hes opposite republicans on social issues", which is a flat out lie when looking at his policies towards Muslims since his policies are the same as Republicans when dealing with Islam.

Show me where hes mandated stop and frisk?? As for "Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces" Your clueless on the executive order. Obama required a company that was seeking a government contract to submit any workplace violations. The idea was to prevent contracts from companies that violate labor laws. So if a company is fined by the government they cant get a government contract. Problem is two fold at some point almost every company has run afoul with labor laws there are alot of them. Second this stalled government contracts being awarded adding to the expenses of bidding a contract and companies could just seek waivers by showing the incident was corrected.

In no way does it relax labor laws in any way but im betting you didnt know that huh? It doesnt prevent a company for being fined for violating any current labor law including the ones that protect gender.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

a reply to: pheonix358

what other industries are "wrong" to make profits?

It shouldn't be an "industry"

... and criminal justice, if you're looking for another "industry"

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

you going to edit this one after i reply as well?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: DanDanDat

Profit is what is left over after everything and everyone is paid.

I maybe be wrong, but you feed your kids with that money before profits are given (taken).

Not if I feed my kids with the profits from my business.

Why the hell are you not giving yourself a wage that can be budgeted around?

Oh so if I give my self a wage that is the total of my would be profits that would be ok?

So it's the word profit that you object to?

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I was watching the program emergency down under on TV, I love to watch ER real stories, you can see emergency care in UK and Canada also.

I tell you, compare with the way America health care works it seems that other developed countries do better than us.

I love how in UK the doctors go in the ambulance and on Helicopters for on site care, you will never catch a doctor in the US doing that, because the liability insurance will go sky high.

What a joke America has become when insurance companies are run by all for profit monopolies.

We as a nation can do better and we the tax payer citizens should be demanding better.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join