It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Journey - What is your totem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
So doing a spiritual journey, some are received with a totem, that makes their journey a bit easier.

Im really curious about, what your totem is and how long you came on your journey?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ekwensu

A top always works well...

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I started my quest many years ago. I met my totem, the Green Man, in Mexico, north of Guadalajara.

Good luck on your journey.
edit on 4-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I found mine in Australia - it was red

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Siberian Tigers

How far have i come in my journey?

As far as the eye can see.
edit on 4-5-2017 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2017 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Mine is a bunny rabbit. I know, very funny.

Accept when I am posting on ATS. Then my totem animal is a troll.

edit on 4-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Totems, plural. Wolf, crow, hawk. I just know.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Panthera tigris T.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
A simple raindrop.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Owl

My journey is a very long one. Im somewhere in the middle.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

My totem is the otter,

So Charlie Sheen, if you want to find the land of otterman, or meet the Kushtaka, you need my guidance.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Mine is a spider.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I don't know if I believe in totem animals. I am not opposed to it being a real occurrence, just don't know if it is real for me...I kind of feel a natural affinity to all animals (except snakes). I thought about spirit animals, but figured the increase in seeing a specific type/types was in relation to the seasons more than anything else. So now I just kind of celebrate each animal and learn more about it as I notice an influx of sightings of a specific type.

A totem is a spirit being, sacred object, or symbol of a tribe, clan, family or individual. Native American tradition provides that each person is connected with nine different animals that will accompany him or her through life, acting as guides. Different animal guides, also called spirit guides and/or power animals, come in and out of our lives depending on the direction that we are headed and the tasks that need to be completed along our journey. Native beliefs further explain that a totem animal is one that is with you for life, both in the physical and spiritual world. Though people may identify with different animal guides throughout their lifetimes, it is this one totem animal that acts as the main guardian spirit....

It is fun to learn about their meanings and symbolism either way though...

Thanks,
blend57

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

A dragon.

It took my whole life to accept it, since I used to despise snakes and dragons and similar mythical creatures.

At first a dragonfly (very rare where I used to live) landed on me as a baby, to everyone's surprise. Legend says dragonflies were dragons. Then, when I was a teen, the first thing a little boy did upon seeing me was to call me a dragon. I was in the middle of protesting when I received his foam sword in my left eye. For the record, foam does hurt when in the eye. As I've grown older I started gaining a skill. I later learned that this skill was related to dragons.

Now I'm totally okay with it.

edit on 5-5-2017 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Mine are on my center Element - for me it is an Oak Tree, my core. Then from clockwise starting at the left base of the tree is a Coyote, Crow, Turtle going up the left side of the Tree, Coming down the Right Side is a Hawk, a Bear, and a Crane. On the Trunk a Piss-Ant, and 3 Vulture Feathers.

Each one is uniquely mine. The core element is mine. Each animal shows me pieces of me that is good, like the Coyote's love of play, and also the bad... sometimes he is the trickster. The Crow is a big spiritual element for me. But, it is also the eaters of the eyes of the dead. Each animal seems to show me a positive of myself and a negative of myself.

Each aspect is of you, so my Hawk does not necessarily mean what is does for you (mine tends to show my anger will be righteous, and or I will be wrong in anger depending on how it presents itself). The Bear is fierce, but, lost in it's rage if it is allowed to have free reign. The Crane and the Turtle, both deep spirit animals but they also show my fear, and my need for solitude.

The Piss-ant and the Vulture (Turkey) are the newest. I believe the Piss-Ant is for my determinations and rewards, and also that fierce things are not always what they seem (we have a variety that looks scary, but smells like Vanilla of all things a bug should smell like). The Vulture is the Artist on the Wind (I am an artistic type to a fault), and also ugly to many whom do not see. You would never believe how I play the guitar by looking at me.

I do not pray to any of them. They are not God, but, I feel they are helpers. My 9 as it were...
edit on 5-5-2017 by Newt22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
wolf, eagle, deer and a bear... so I'm told

new topics

top topics

join