It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love is a language

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I had a chat with a friend, we discussed a simple topic called, well, Love. For me love is biochemistry and it might sound cold. But it helps understanding your own body and why it acts in the way it does, or the way nature intended it to.
My friend said simple;" Dont have sex if you dont feel anything, it will only give you anxiety, make it into something and make love. "

I thought about it, and looking back, well, she is right, i had sex cause, well, i forgot myself for a while, even for a brief "Al Bundy" moment once in a while.

But that wasnt the point, Love - Love is a language, created by the ancient Greeks. It helped form our modern values and it is what humanity is based on. Love is not a feeling, its an expression of creation, its the creativity that it forms with a brush or a pencil, and once in a while with an evil intent. It does make us mad, sometimes even insane.

But my friend said it best;" Love is a language that is important and hopefully never forgotten "

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ekwensu
I had a chat with a friend, we discussed a simple topic called, well, Love. For me love is biochemistry and it might sound cold. But it helps understanding your own body and why it acts in the way it does, or the way nature intended it to.
My friend said simple;" Dont have sex if you dont feel anything, it will only give you anxiety, make it into something and make love. "

I thought about it, and looking back, well, she is right, i had sex cause, well, i forgot myself for a while, even for a brief "Al Bundy" moment once in a while.

But that wasnt the point, Love - Love is a language, created by the ancient Greeks. It helped form our modern values and it is what humanity is based on. Love is not a feeling, its an expression of creation, its the creativity that it forms with a brush or a pencil, and once in a while with an evil intent. It does make us mad, sometimes even insane.

But my friend said it best;" Love is a language that is important and hopefully never forgotten "

Love is a dance of two minds getting know each other, with the heart and body following closely behind.

I got to meet my true love on line , we got to know each others mind before we ever saw each others face. Our hearts grew fond of each other before the physical bodies knew each other.

The final phase was when we physically met .

That was three years ago , we are now married.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Expressing love means acting with integrity to whomever whenever wherever.

Also, to be truly loving means not to be judging others. And by doing so you may experience great satisfaction and joy, and so love is experienced and felt. We can only know what love is by also knowing the opposite of love: guilt, acting without integrity. Therefor be thankfull for any event, be that positive or negative. This is the power of paradox.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

Love is a dance of two minds getting know each other, with the heart and body following closely behind.

I got to meet my true love on line , we got to know each others mind before we ever saw each others face. Our hearts grew fond of each other before the physical bodies knew each other.

2 deep for me, but i enjoy the post you did.

The dance we call love is with mind body and spirit, with the souls uniting into one seed of life.

Sorry for twisting your words,

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: cyberjedi

two feelings, is all we feel, Fear and Love,

Fear only has two a-priori, Falling and high pitch sounds, the rest is taught.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

2 deep for me, but i enjoy the post you did.

The dance we call love is with mind body and spirit, with the souls uniting into one seed of life.

Sorry for twisting your words,

Don't be sorry, I left out the spirit part. You did well.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

two feelings, is all we feel, Fear and Love,

Fear only has two a-priori, Falling and high pitch sounds, the rest is taught.

Well you stated in your first post that love is not a feelling but is a 'expressions of creation'.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

We name them so others can relate

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Ekwensu

There are different kinds of love. For example, I never really understood the term "making love" until my love making resulted in having children. Children are 100% love at least for the first 10 years or so. Teenagers are little more difficult to deal with. When you have a child in your life the idea of "love making" becomes very profound.

When you have been married to someone for a long time there's another kind of love. Love that comes from familiarity and intimacy. My wife and I have been together for so long I know every detail about her mind and body. When we make love it is very different than love making in my 20s. It's richer and more fulfilling in many ways. She's my sacred baby mama and I love her.

And then there's another kind of love where you are very accepting of another person's every way of being. The other person can be good, bad, indifferent, ugly, pretty, smart, or stupid and you continue to love them with all of your being.

And then there is simple relationship love. Simple relationship love is repeating little acts of kindness for another person. It's very important to understand simple relationship love. Many people do not understand hate versus love. If someone is making little acts of meanness towards you that is not love. Little mean acts are hate. It's surprising how people don't know the difference. Over time the little acts of kindness become a habit. There's something very nice about someone else having a habit of being nice to you.

And of course there's lusty chemical based love between two young people with raging hormones. Even though that kind of love makes you sweat it is not meant to last. Still there's nothing sweeter in some regards.

edit on 4-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I'll probably be banned for this but always the smart arse...

I have always been a cunning linguists!!

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Love may be a language, but language is a virus.

-True story-

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

Thought viruses exist. And once you get them you can't get rid of them. For example, the idea of a thought virus is a thought virus. Sorry to have infected everyone who reads this.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

And then there's another kind of love where you are very accepting of another person's every way of being. The other person can be good, bad, indifferent, ugly, pretty, smart, or stupid and you continue to love them with all of your being.

I love this kind of love and think it's the best.

top topics

join