It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous Societies...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I dont know much yet about secret societies, or cults, i wanted some opinions, who do you all think is the most dangerous society or cult, like if you get involved then back out and tell people of them which societies will kill you for it.

thanks

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiositywillkillme
I dont know much yet about secret societies, or cults, i wanted some opinions, who do you all think is the most dangerous society or cult, like if you get involved then back out and tell people of them which societies will kill you for it.

thanks

Probably anyone that backed out and blabbed would be dead, so we wouldn't know...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Scientology.

From what I understand, thats the one where the people who leave the system suffer the harshest consequnces.

Outside of say, going apostate in islam and living in tehran, or something.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Scientology.

From what I understand, thats the one where the people who leave the system suffer the harshest consequnces.

Hell I've read how in Scientology, just a mild suboordinance carries SEVERE punishment, especially in their little "navy" or whatever it is. Didn't think of that one, good call...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The Mafia comes to mind, although I'm not sure if you can call them a
real secret society, however backing out and giving out information will
bring about your untimely death.

Here is some reading on Scientology

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The Jehovahs Witnesses and the Exclusive Bretheren, both consider former members who leave the church to be 'dead' in the eyes of those who remain in the church...

I have known a few excommunicated JW's and they have been very screwed up by the experience, even their families will not have anything to do with them...

Sick, aye...and these people have the gaul to call themselves Christians...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Scientology.

My friend's cousin disappeared after she joined the Church of Scientology. Turns out that the "church" persuaded her to excommunicate herself from her family and friends because they weren't scientologists. We had to do research on them, they are a SCARY group of people.

[edit on 3-2-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Isn't Scientology sort of an offshoot of the OTO? It seems like I remember reading that Crowley and Ron Hubbard were in the same potato sack at one time in thier lives.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Here's some more info on Scientology. I have L. Ron Hubbard's Scientology: Fundamentals of Thought on the bookshelf at home but I have never read it.

Sebatwerk, did your friend's cousin ever get out or is she still MIA? That sucks dude. From what I have read, I would have to concur that they are a bit creepy, but admittedly I do not know much about them.

A billion years is a bit much, don't ya think?

[edit on 2/3/05 by The Axeman]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flange Gasket

I have to say I have known some Jehovah's Witnesses and they are decent people, 'theys is good peoples'. Jehovahs apparently do take their religion rather seriously, certainly those actually involved in its administration. I think a hardcore baptist would treat apostates similarly, ie exclusion, cold shoulder, slander.

But the JW's, as far as I know, don't hunt people down, sick lawsuits on them, get physically violent and threaten and intimidate. Scientology on the other hard is organized and has demonstrated that its more than willing to make things very difficult for people.

I also think the Mafia is a good one, its a viscuous bloodthirsty criminal organization the kills people for money and kills its own members, let alone the ones that want to leave it.

For that matter any 'gang' is going to be secretive and dangerous, like the Bloods or MS-13.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I would consider the illuminati fairly dangerous, actually to be honest i consider them extremely dangerous, based on their views and so called "solutions" to mankind's problems. I don't like the idea knowing how many high places they are inside of either.(US gov. mainly)
-Dani

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Ves,

How do you know anything about the illuminati, including their existence?

I noticed in another post you said that the masons were ok, which is intersting, because most of the time people that think the illuminati exist also think that the masons are 'satanic/evil'. So your view on it is perhaps somewhat unusual.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I've heard enough about the illuminati in my life to believe in their existance, from people who have been attacked by them(but i've never met this person so of course how can i trust them), to illuminati members themselves online, but you know i can't trust them either, right? lol Well, to be honest i can't explain to you why i believe in the illuminati's existance, i make conclusions off of logic however, and i would not believe this if not firmly. I believe the illuminati's intentions arent what i would call happy and that they do exist.
About the freemasons, i truly believe these men(or most, there are always some rotten tomatoes within a good harvest) have right intentions. Never have i heard truly offensive slander come from the mouth of a mason online here either, yet i have heard insulting, rude assumptions about freemasonry. From people whom are going off of conspiracy theorists who are obssessed with trying to point out the evil in the world. These people often christian, however sad to say, having a tendency to make accusations without any facts what so ever. They act rationally and by fear, without using logical thought to support what theyre saying. When the masons on this site step up to defend their brotherhood their answers are intelligent and not foolish.
Along with that, my grandfather was a mason, he spent most of his time in charity homes with fellow masons helping out the community in loving compassion.
If you can present to me logical reasons as to not believing in the existance of the Illuminati i may or may not believe you, if your evidence or w/e makes enough sense i would take your side.
I think im forgetting something,lol oh well bye.
Best wishes,
Dani

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Scientology.

I have had some experience with this bunch of fruit cakes,I went to their head quarters in L.A. at one time to get a friend of mine. at that time (maybe still) theirLA headquarters was the old Cedar Sinai hospital. one thing i can tell
you is they use fear and intimidation alot but dont handle it very well when it is directed back at them

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vesuvius 13
I've heard enough about the illuminati in my life to believe in their existance, from people who have been attacked by them(but i've never met this person so of course how can i trust them), to illuminati members themselves online, but you know i can't trust them either, right? lol Well, to be honest i can't explain to you why i believe in the illuminati's existance, i make conclusions off of logic however, and i would not believe this if not firmly. I believe the illuminati's intentions arent what i would call happy and that they do exist.

If you can present to me logical reasons as to not believing in the existance of the Illuminati i may or may not believe you, if your evidence or w/e makes enough sense i would take your side.
I think im forgetting something,lol oh well bye.
Best wishes,
Dani

You yourself just said that you always make assumptions based off of logic, then proceeded to state that you don't know why you believe in the Illuminati. That's a contradiction if I ever heard one.

The fact of the matter is that you probably don't have any logical reason for believing in them. Just because many people believe in it does not mean that it makes sense for you to believe in them also. You state that they are evil, but can you tell me what their intentions and goals are? And don't just repeat what you've heard, back it up with proof.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
According to my understanding; one ought to indeed avoid the following:

Scientology, the modern O.T.O., J.W.'s, A.M.O.R.C., Mormons and probably the Nuwaubians.

That's all I can think of right now off the top of the dome.

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
Sebatwerk, did your friend's cousin ever get out or is she still MIA? That sucks dude. From what I have read, I would have to concur that they are a bit creepy, but admittedly I do not know much about them.

She showed up at a party at her cousin's (my friend's) house out of nowhere one day. Everyone almost # their pants. She's still a scientologist and goes missing for long periods, sometimes a year or two, at a time but eventually calls her family and what not. They are absolutely a cult, anyone who makes you sign a contract of labor for a billion years is a nutcase. And anyone who signs is is a dumbass.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flange Gasket
The Jehovahs Witnesses and the Exclusive Bretheren, both consider former members who leave the church to be 'dead' in the eyes of those who remain in the church...

I have known a few excommunicated JW's and they have been very screwed up by the experience, even their families will not have anything to do with them...

Well you're talking to one now, JW that is, it's called being disfellowshiped, as I am. I still have contact with my family but NO discussion of religion. Guess what? If I turn around what is against the "truth", I would be able to reintegrate back into the congregation. Forgiveness. I guess they have the gall to call themselves Christians.

BTW, I don't think they're that secret, you may be getting a knock on your door tomorrow morning.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
Here's some more info on Scientology. I have L. Ron Hubbard's Scientology: Fundamentals of Thought on the bookshelf at home but I have never read it.

The material on that website is some of the scariest stuff I have ever read. Truth really is stranger than fiction, especially when one tries to make fiction into truth.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiositywillkillme

thanks

The most dangerous society is youth...it's always been that way.
The most dangerous cult...hmmm...that would be politicians.

As far as the Optimist Club goes...I think it ranks right behind the Iraqi Army in dangerous, because their main influence is directed at youth.

Other than that, I figure the Illuminati has been planning long enough and it's time for them to show their hand.
For Lug's sakes, get it over with already.

I'm certain some of those forms slipping into Rosslynn Chapel are Greys. The more mysteries we find, the less answers you have...

IMO
The worlds elite are connected and share the wealth amongst themselves...find the richest and you find Illuminati.
They are the remaining aristocracies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join