It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow ATS members i need your honest advice regarding financial struggles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

You might have to accept that you can't help either, at least as much as you'd like. Running your own finances into the ground won't help in the long run, anyway, because you'd be so behind in your own finances, you'd have nothing left. The only thing I can suggest is looking for ways they can save some money, perhaps sharing space, or something. Perhaps your mother and brother could share a place?

No idea how the courts work in Germany, so can't say anything there. I know my own mother (now deceased), had a very hard time getting her own disability in place, here in the U.S. She ended up living with my sibling.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Even if you make the wrong choice, family usually forgives.
In your position, id help my mother.
We are alike in the fact of the large debts our brothers habe racked up. Your brother doesnt sound like a bad guy, hes just in a bad situation. My brother makes his bad situations. CONSTANTLY. Thats another topic though.
You can only help someone so much, before you have to step aside and let them help themselves. They may get mad at you. They may temporarily hate you. But in the end, they will become more self-reliant.
Good luck with everything.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Vote democrat and have had social security and Medicare expanded and increased..

Rather than voting republican because "they are comming to get my guns!!"

The republican opinion is that's a boot straps issue.. if you don't have boots that's your problem...

<< 1   >>

join