It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes GOP Health Bill.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Insurance companies helped write the ACA. They did not here. There was a time a decade ago companies paid for full coverage to entice employees now they are firing them because they cannot afford to cover them.

This is a step in the right direction...

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Obamacare is bad because it mimics single payer, inside a private payer system. This chokes all the benefits away from the private sectors scam, that is truly a scam.

The single benefit is Obama was allowed to add insurance related legislation, this included preexisting conditions, for some that was life saving. If you're someone that prides your ability to not have insurance, that's one thing, but when you end up at the ER you were able to enroll in Obamacare and avoid a silly law and then commit yourself to monthly payments into the system. For most people, enrolling in insurance at the ER seems reasonable, but that's a gymnastics leap of how insurance operates, you pay into it, and then that money ultimately helps cover your issue, coming in at 0 and gaining benefits means the program needed instant traction. Despite this, Obamacare had situations where, for example you could wake up from a car crash coma and have a document ready to go saying you owe thousands for your visit and not millions, some sympathy for those in the worst conditions. Prior to this, they literally pushed to unplug you if they know you can't afford it.

To sum up though, having the benefits of a like-single payer system eating away at the private sector destroys the insurance economy. They eat at each other. The only thing worse than having 1 system, is two, and that's why the move to just scrap it is probably better than trying to keep it. But then will they attack medic-aide and America will wake up that single payer is superior because you can't dodge an ER bill unless you're also dodging your taxes?
edit on 4-5-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

my parents do the same

medicare still pays for the elderly and those who can not afford to does it not?
it wouldnt be very hard to take the model in the link i posted and use medicare to fund similar facilities nation wide?
no insurance bs
just accept medicare

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Here's something else the purveyors of the single payer ignore.

With a single payer.

There is absolutely NO NEED for:

Medicare.
Medicaid.
Tricare.
Planned Parenthood.

Cause you won't sure get to keep those around in you want your Dystopia.

As they would ALL be superfluous.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Probably very little chance this bill will pass the Senate without changes.
Don't know what Trumps getting all worked up about?
edit on 4-5-2017 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Insurance companies helped write the ACA. They did not here. There was a time a decade ago companies paid for full coverage to entice employees now they are firing them because they cannot afford to cover them.

This is a step in the right direction...

Yeah. Instead this bill was written by a bunch of people who have zero idea of how the health care industry works.
The Health Care Sector Really Hates This GOP Bill

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

But, but I thought everybody was insured under Obama care, I mean isn't that socialize care when we pay taxes into Medicare and Medicaid and the latest was expanded to provide for those that could not afford the health care industry prices?

Oh, I forgot only in the states that expanded Medicaid to the poor, so we know that after a few years the state needed to make the necessary tax increases to cover what the federal government could not after ending the initial funding.

Right?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

So you want to prop-up the scamming middle man. Also, how many of those that would be thrust in to the private sector are without the means of affording the costs?

LOL.

I swear.

The only thing your going to accomplish is turning the healthcare industry in to the defense industry.

Price guaranteed.

Healthcare industrial Complex.

I pass man.

I PASS.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Here's something else the purveyors of the single payer ignore.

With a single payer.

There is absolutely NO NEED for:

Medicare.
Medicaid.
Tricare.
Planned Parenthood.

Cause you won't sure get to keep those around in you want your Dystopia.

As they would ALL be superfluous.

Ok... And? What's your point? If all those things are covered adequately under single payer then no liberal would be sorry to see those things go (Lol. ESPECIALLY Tricare).

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'm sure we'll be arguing this for weeks and months and years.

But we all will have to live with it, regardless of whether we like it or not.

Just like Obamacare.

It's not like any of us can actually make changes to it.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
health bill.....that's a laugh......poor people getting financial help from the government....IT'S AN OUTRAGE!!!....time to end it so the wealthy can get tax breaks....there we go, now we will finally get back to normal

link   

originally posted by: marg6043

But, but I thought everybody was insured under Obama care, I mean isn't that socialize care when we pay taxes into Medicare and Medicaid and the latest was expanded to provide for those that could not afford the health care industry prices?

Who the hell said that? Sounds like you are inventing some weird strawman. I can't think of a single person who has EVER said that Obamacare is perfect as is.

link   
Trump keeping promises...love it.

And the childish reaction of the fascist left libtards:

Implying the GOP would lose seats in 2018, Democrats sang, "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" toward the end of the voting.

Sad that these Democrats were actually voted in and continue to represent the public...true colors people...true colors....

link   

Yes. It is cheaper because you are paying for the uninsured RIGHT now.

No it isn't.

For health insurance to work.

There have to be less people using than those people paying for it.

That famous single payer SNIP will be reverse and increase the debt burden to idiotic proportions.

There is not one social program that can even begin to pay for itself.

NOT ONE.
edit on 4-5-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'm sure we'll be arguing this for weeks and months and years.

But we all will have to live with it, regardless of whether we like it or not.

Just like Obamacare.

It's not like any of us can actually make changes to it.

We won't have to live with it because it isn't a law yet. It only just cleared the House. It has an even tougher battle ahead of it in the Senate. And if it manages to pass the Senate, the House will have to vote on it again because the Senate will undoubtedly change it.
edit on 4-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You know I am old enough to remember when health care was for all, My mother had 4 children never pay for any hospital day, I remember going to what it was call medical centers for emergency care and not a penny pay for it, every city and town had them.

What happen? it was not insurance business, the government ran all the cost and everybody had care.

This back in the 50s and 60s

What changed? population growth, capitalism going wild I think is the latest.

Sad.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Yes. It is cheaper because you are paying for the uninsured RIGHT now.

No it isn't.

For health insurance to work.

There have to be less people using than those people paying for it.

That famous single payer SNIP will be reverse and increase the debt burden to idiotic proportions.

There is not won social program that can even begin to pay for itself.

NOT ONE.

Yeah that must be why every other 1st world country in the world has a successful single payer or universal health care system right? They are all doomed to failure, except all those exceptions.
edit on 4-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

The HUFFPO covers kids, old people, women and pre-existing conditions very well...FEAR!!!!!

This is my favorite

Paul Markovich, CEO of Blue Shield of California: [The bill] could return us to a time when people who were born with a birth defect or who became sick could not purchase or afford insurance. ... The discrimination, whether on price or just on the ability to access insurance at all on preexisting conditions, is unconscionable. As a country, we are better than that. (Via Kaiser Health News)

Yeah, all people who make TONS of money off subsidies complaining about the bill.

and they are worried at PP too....

Dawn Laguens, executive vice president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America: They took a bad bill that would result in 24 million people losing their insurance and higher premiums and actually made it worse.

So, just who are these 24 million who are going to suddenly lost healthcare?

Wait, it is over 100 million who will lose it according to this expert...

By removing critical consumer protections that collectively ensure that the millions of individuals with pre-existing conditions can continue to purchase affordable health care coverage, the AHCA would result in higher premiums and higher deductibles for millions. Additionally, the negative impact of the AHCA is not limited to the individual insurance market. These policies also may impact the more than 130 million people with employer-sponsored insurance.

Goodbye Obamacare......

edit on 05pm31pmf0000002017-05-04T15:23:17-05:000317 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

link   

Got you, you really are very sensitive today, need to take a deep breath and realize that nobody here is your enemy.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Yeah that must be why every other 1st world country in the world has a successful single payer or universal health care system right? They are all doomed to failure, except all those exceptions.

Go move there if you like it so much.

I'd rather not import any more stupidity in to this country.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join