It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes GOP Health Bill.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: neo96

You're right. I can't get you to act intelligently and share some tax money to help sick people all as a way to reduce costs later because those people don't have to default on emergency room visits.

You can't stop right there K.

That snip doesn't work on me.

You can try to go around telling me 'what' I care or don't care about.

You can try to jerk those 'sympathy' strings.

But I'm not some left wing drone that buys that crap.

link   

originally posted by: unfor54k3n
- Ends individual mandate, imposes surcharge for coverage lapse
- Ends Obamacare premium subsidies, offers tax credits instead
- Rolls back Medicaid expansion across 30 states
- Allows states to impose Medicaid work requirement
- Expands health savings accounts
- Allows states to waive federal "essential health benefits" requirement and set own standard
- Allows insurers to charge older people up to 5 times as much as younger
- Repeals consumer taxes
- Imposes abortion restriction on tax credits
- Imposes Planned Parenthood restriction for Medicaid
- Requires insurers to allow young adults to stay on parents' plans until 26
- Allows states to permit insurers to charge more for pre-existing conditions
- Allocates $8 billion to help subsidize people with pre-existing conditions in state high-risk pools
- Prohibits insurers from imposing lifetime or annual limits on coverage
- Establishes "patient and state stability fund" to help states service low-income Americans

Thanks for posting this. I see several changes on there i don't agree with. Charging older people more? how does that make sense?

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Fortunately I an under military subsided health care thanks to my husband been a retiree, I think the most I have pay for a surgery is a co pay of 25 dollars and in the last 10 years I had 4 procedures two of them major.

I never knew how bad insurance operates in this country, until my best friend had to get a procedure under Obama care and the insurance would not cover her cost, they said her procedure was not an emergency or necessary.

Even under Obama care people do not get the procedures they need.

She had to change insurance and pay more just to get the procedure done.

No, Obama care was a mess is just that some have not clue how bad it was for the working people that were mandate into buying insurance.

For those in the expansion of Medicaid where more fortunately.

Cost up front works for people to know what they are paying for it, but when a person can not afford the cost that is another issue.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

SSI is a stipend, not health insurance or medicare.

I know what it is.

Your husband is paralyzed.

Means he qualifies for social security disability, and comes along with that is medicare.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

To be completely honest though, they really are devils, I'm not a fan or Religion, but the Churches could take on the task of insurance better than who is doing it now. Most of them exist solely to exploit. Your theory only sounds as good on paper as single payer to reality, the private insurance sector is exploitation. They use inaccurate models to decide premiums and payments.
edit on 4-5-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

No he isn't, if you read I said he went to rehab to learn to walk again. We didn't qualify for any government programs because we made too much money from jobs that year. This disease came on in a 4 day span. The next year we applied for early retirement that he paid into for 40 years.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Ok a bit confused.

He was. Then wasn't.

Usually when someone gets sick like that they retain their insurance.

The company stopped it ?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I know. I'm agreeing with you. You are heartless and proud of it. Even if it means you end up spending more money in the long run. # helping others right?
edit on 4-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

It was through his job, for 40years. He was a construction worker and couldn't go back to physical labor so we lost our family insurance. This was before Obamacare.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

You only want to cut out the middle man.

Of course. That should be our goal.

And just line Hospital,doctors,nurse,lawyers pockets.

I'd rather pay them very well for their services than pay the middle man for doing nothing more than organizing a scam.

I wonder who they vote for. This SNIP is as transparent as it gets.

I have no clue whom they vote for. Didn't know the medical industry was politically biased.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I know. I'm agreeing with you. You are heartless and proud of it. Even if it means you end up spending more money in the long run. # helping others right?

Blah,Blah.

How bout posting something relevant to the topic instead of taking personal snips.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

my father is retired usn
even those benefits are not what was promised when he enlisted, but they are much better than what most americans have

Cost up front works for people to know what they are paying for it, but when a person can not afford the cost that is another issue.

Do we not have a system that pays for those who cant? Was that system not in place prior to obamacare?
There is a line on my paycheck for federal income tax
There is also a line on my paycheck for medicare
Aside from those two how much more should I pay for those who cant?

If one surgical center can figure out how to cut costs and deliver quality care on their own, you wont make me believe the fed cant do the same.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

This is all relevant. I'm trying to point out how much more you could save by supporting single payer versus letting the uninsured just go to the emergency room even IF you are a callous SOB like you claim.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

It was through his job, for 40years. He was a construction worker and couldn't go back to physical labor so we lost our family insurance. This was before Obamacare.

COBRA ?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I'd rather pay them very well for their services than pay the middle man for doing nothing more than organizing a scam.

Funny.

I'd rather get the STATE the hell out of healthcare.

Unwind medicare, and medicaid to the private sector to where they RIGHTFULLY belong.

The addition of over 120 million people back in to the private sector would do WONDERS reducing the cost of care since the pool as been returned to where it belonged to begin with.

Added benefit reducing over $1 trillion in federal tax revenue spending.

How bout them apples ?

Want to take a bite out of the free market ?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

This is all relevant. I'm trying to point out how much more you could save by supporting single payer versus letting the uninsured just go to the emergency room even IF you are a callous SOB like you claim.

So let me wrap my wee little noggin around that single payer.

It's suppose to be 'cheaper'.

By giving over 320 million people a corporate product that would only be paid by a minority of people.

GOD I love 'liberal' math.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Medicare can not be used until is retirement, While my husband can still go to a veteran hospital he choses to pay into the subsided military insurance because of me, its free for him.

But as soon I reach 64 I will be automatically put on Medicare regardless, he then will be able to use veterans hospitals in the area.

edit on 4-5-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Unwind medicare, and medicaid to the private sector to where they RIGHTFULLY belong.

The addition of over 120 million people back in to the private sector would do WONDERS reducing the cost of care since the pool as been returned to where it belonged to begin with.

So you want to prop-up the scamming middle man. Also, how many of those that would be thrust in to the private sector are without the means of affording the costs?

So we would still need to continue covering the costs of those that do not have the money to pay for insurance. or let them go without.

Want to take a bite out of the free market ?

There is no such thing as a free market when it comes to healthcare.
edit on 4-5-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Yes. It is cheaper because you are paying for the uninsured RIGHT now. You already pointed out in this thread how hospitals are required to accept any one who goes to the emergency room. You don't think that JUST the hospitals are shouldering these costs do you? No. It comes out of medicaid and rising costs at the hospital.

GOD I love 'liberal' math.

And I dread conservative math where you guys think that it is possible to withdraw and not effect anything else.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The new MacArthur-Meadows Amendment will allow states to discriminate based on medical history.

In addition to rape, postpartum depression, cesarean sections, and surviving domestic violence are all considered preexisting conditions. Companies can also deny coverage for gynecological services and mammograms.

Things are going to get interesting

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join