It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes GOP Health Bill.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

So please explain why this will be a good thing for Americans.

I'll take an easy swing at this one: because it represents the GOP representative in Congress actually (and finally) doing something they all campaigned on, and were elected on; repealing the ACA. We all knew what we were voting for when we voted for them, and it's nice to see that bear some fruit.

That's a non-answer. Try again. How is this a good thing for Americans?

Free market/competition will be some what restored.
How will that allow more Americans access to affordable health care?

Every single person in this country ALREADY has access.

Be it private or STATE.

Under the EMTALA ever single person in this country that goes to a hospital can get treatment REGARDLESS of the ability to pay.

Medicare exists created specifically for the poor.

Medicaid exists AGAIN created specifically for the poor.

Free Clinics exist EVERYWHERE.

So ask me another lie.

The emergency rooms are required by law to provide emergency care and stabilization in exchange for the privilege of being able to bill medicare for other patients. That treatment is not free. They bill you personally right after you're discharged. Just because insurance is available, it doesn't mean everyone can afford it. I'd like a $100k sport car. Because it exists, it must be accessible to me, according to you, even though I could never afford it.

Medicare is not for the poor. It's for the elderly or those who've been permanently disabled from working. If there's a "free clinic" out there providing chemotherapy to anyone who walks in off the street, I'd like to see it.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Obamacare was designed as a giveaway to the insurance industry by the Heritage Foundation as a response to Hillarycare during Bills tenure.....no cost controls. Now, Republicans have passed a Bill repealing both the pre existing conditions and mandate sections of the ACA effectively killing it. Is this a victory? Wont be unless it is replaced with universal or single payer....medicare for all...here's why: the ONLY way to get "layabouts" to pay for their own healthcare is to tax them....tax them directly through the things you know they purchase....if you are a sad Republican racist that needs help understanding, tax their 40s, tax their Kool cigarettes, tax their afro sheen and voodoo candles.....get it? Cause if you believe just taking healthcare INSURANCE away from the poor gets YOU off the hook, you are thick. Every one of those poor, sick people will again fill up our emergency rooms and get FREE HEALTHCARE...the only thing is, it is only free for THEM , but you and I pay big money through our insurance to cover the hospitals losses through higher premiums....and I mean triple, quadrupling premiums. The poor cant lose, only us. Insurance has no place in healthcare...it provides nothing...it shaves off a lercentage of every healthcare dollar while providing nothing. It is a parasite.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
My sources tell me that the media is going to be doing stories (starting today) about the billions of people dying now because of Trump.

If he signs this, the earth will be destroyed.

Try not to be blinded by your own partisan politics this time mate. This isn't a team sport. Take a balanced view of what it means for your people.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Willtell
Sanders: Thousands will die if bill passes
www.cnn.com...

Senator Bernie Sanders says that President Donald Trump's health care bill is nothing more than a tax break for the rich and thousands of Americans will die if the bill passes.Text

I think he's right...

Darkness ahs descended across America

pfft
that dude wouldnt even stand up to hillary
he is worthless

Bernie Sander's wife was physically threatened by goons on Hillary's payroll. He DID NOT want to quit! That's why Bernie looked like he wanted to cry, at the convention. I was a Trump supporter, but I felt bad for Bernie, and really started to HATE Hillary at that point.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
If this gets through I hope the GOP are ready to lose at least the Senate in 2018. The AHCA doesn't really do anything to solve the problems of the ACA while at the same time screwing over a number of people, especially the working class.

Explain your answer in detail please?
edit on 5/5/2017 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

This is prove that their is a god!

Nothing make me as angry as communists forcing healthcare down my throat.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

"What's happened since? I have primary and decision rights. Ex is married to a Suiper devout Muslim...they have a 1 year old son, middle name Mouhammed, and are trying to influence my daughter into religion and submission. "

That's too bad. This liberal has been married for 37 years and my 3 kids all have the same last name. Never had to use welfare programs and my religion is celebrated at home, never in prison, and pay all my taxes. I know right, who knew a liberal agnostic had morals.

"I can tell you this...i wouldn't trust a Muslim any farther than I can spit a 5 lb cannonball from by butthole. "

Thank you for that mental picture that will last all day. But, it is possible, I once spit out an 11 pound boy in 45 minutes.

I have been paying taxes a long time. I have never revolted against taxes because I thought we could make a better country. But, we just make wars and squander our money on the royal houses, like the Dark Ages.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Couldn't afford COBRA on our one income. It was ridiculous in 2007.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

It's pretty simple. The AHCA is essentially the same thing as the ACA while actively trying to screw over the poor, women, minorities, etc. I don't see how anyone can think the GOP will do well in the midterms if they pass this travesty of a healthcare bill. It does nothing to appease their base and will galvanise a large portion of the population that are now worse off to vote against them.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonlover12
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What good is forced insurance when you can`t afford to even use it?

no doubt. I pay almost 400 a month, and have 5000 deductible. So after I spend 5 grand, the insurance will pay 75%.
So I either get screwed, or if I'm lucky, I can have a catastrophic sickness to get my monies worth.

But I'm middle class, so my plight doesn't mean #. Obamacare sucked from day 1.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

It's pretty simple. The AHCA is essentially the same thing as the ACA while actively trying to screw over the poor, women, minorities, etc. I don't see how anyone can think the GOP will do well in the midterms if they pass this travesty of a healthcare bill. It does nothing to appease their base and will galvanise a large portion of the population that are now worse off to vote against them.

That was another very broad and generalized explanation. Perhaps you could give some details as to where you have come to these far reaching conclusions?

You have made many extenuating conclusions that I admit have the potential to be compelling enough for one to take notice, but unfortunately without details to back them up it just comes across as pseudo-political-BS.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
oh really
so i will be able to get the care i want with single payer?
if we cant afford obamacre how do we afford single payer with the same money?

again what other industries will be taken over after healthcare?

what legal justification is used for the us govt to take over private industry?

Well, for one, the money automatically goes further because the insurance company profit margins are reduced.

Two, since the government is operating on a larger scale than a regional provider they can purchase services at a better rate. That's how insurance works, it's collective bargaining. A pool of 320 million has more bargaining power than smaller pools of 2000 people each.

Three, administrative costs are reduced.

Four, under single payer the government still isn't taking over private industry. They're the customer in such a scenario, not the provider. All of the medical providers, device manufacturers, medicine distributors, and so on still exist. Free market competition is still there as providers compete to get contracts. The difference is that the government pays for the services in the form of annual contracts rather than each customer paying with much less leverage.

Five, since it's based on taxes, the tax burden can be scaled to income. The middle class who are already paying disproportionately high rates for their medical care would actually see a rather nice increase in income, because they would pay less in taxes than they're paying now in premiums and out of pocket costs.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Gerrymandering, discriminatory "voter id" laws like this and this, reducing the number of early voting days, reducing the number of polling stations (HERE) , kicking hundreds of thousands of registered voters off of voter rolls (HERE), etc.

Please don't buy the narrative going around that Republicans will suffer because of this. American voters have notoriously short attention spans when it comes to politics and anything can happen to divert our attention. Dubya had crappy approval ratings before 9/11 suddenly made him popular again. Also, while the Democratic Party is focusing on Trump's Russia connections and Trumpcare/Ryancare, Republicans at the local and State level are working on the things I mentioned in the first paragraph. Their goal is to create a permanent majority & we keep falling for their diversionary tactics.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

So please explain why this will be a good thing for Americans.

I'll take an easy swing at this one: because it represents the GOP representative in Congress actually (and finally) doing something they all campaigned on, and were elected on; repealing the ACA. We all knew what we were voting for when we voted for them, and it's nice to see that bear some fruit.

That's a non-answer. Try again. How is this a good thing for Americans?

It most likely isn't.
This will most likely, closely resemble ACA.

Just put it back to the way it was before the ACA..

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Seriously. Just look at France. You'd think if universal healthcare were so bad 1.) They wouldn't be ranked #1 by the WHO for healthcare and 2.) Femme Trump would be campaigning against.

But they are ranked #1 and the only thing Le Pen wants to change about their system is not letting foreigners get to benefit from it.

Or just listen to Donald Trump. Lol
Trump praises Australia's universal health care after Obamacare repeal

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

All those steps reduce "election fixing and fraud" that the DNC relies upon to get candidates into office - cry me a river.

Just wish they'd put as much effort into applying existing law to healthcare industry.

Alas they are just as beholden to their K street master as their counter parts across the aisle.

Look through partisan fog for a moment and imagine 90% reduction in cost and what that would do for your more altruistic goals.

I may be partisan on other subjects but not this one.

I am for real affordable healthcare across the board.

Certainly not some concocted system designed to reward one group over another while perpetuated fraud and theft is given the wink.

Any plan or legislation whether ACA, ACHA or whatever is a national suicide pact in economic terms unless and until USC15 Chapter 1 laws such as Sherman Clayton and Patman acts are applied along with federal and state consumer laws.

There is no exemption from price fixing, collusion or monopolistic practices per not one but two SCOTUS decisions.

End goal is same which is affordable healthcare for everyone, on that most agree.

Key difference on way Id go is it ends fleecing of public in general and taxpayer while saving the economy in long run.

Any other way is complete folly.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Call your senators. There is no reason they can't come up with the only plan republicans will go for and you. They don't need democrats. If can't pay, you can't play. Get it done.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I guess what you do not realize is we were told the same lies when obamacare was passed.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Dems singing on the floor while the bill was passed won't be remembered or shown in ads a million times before the midterms.

Think you could point out ANY plan to fix obamacare that ANY dem had?

I do not like what was passed, but I did not like obamacare either. I am hoping the senate will not pass this bill, and then maybe just maybe any of our representatives will try to lead a NATIONAL debate about how to fix our healthcare system.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join