It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes GOP Health Bill.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It does lean left when the question and answer is "iffy". But this one is proven fake beyond a doubt.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

It does lean left when the question and answer is "iffy". But this one is proven fake beyond a doubt.

And there is the dishonesty.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Kali74

you notice that???

how you didnt answer any of my questions?

Clearly I don't think everyone that disagrees with me is a Nazi. I posted the poster because I think it's appropriate. We could have a much better system that employs more people and is affordable for everyone. Instead some people would rather let people die and remain under the thumb of an industry of professional blackmailers.

Take it how you want.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

"disposable" income is not used for necessities hense the term "disposable"
yes healthcare is a necessity

do you also propose the cost of roofing your home come from someone else?
no one in a "service" industry deserves pay?

Yes. Utah did it well, they give a roof to anyone who needs one. It's had some challenges because chronic homelessness leads to people becoming distrustful of the system and not working within it. But those who need shelter (and want it) do get it.

everyone gets treated at the er
we had that before obamacare

ER treatment is not a serious option. Not only is it far more expensive due to the nature of staffing an ER, but those who are uninsured and get ER treatment cannot pay. This results in the state picking up the tab through tax writeoffs, which effectively mean the rest of society pays... at a higher rate than simply having insured the person or providing single payer would have cost.

Additionally, ER treatment doesn't provide long term services, you're in and out. If you need long term coverage an ER isn't equipped to deal with it. Furthermore, bogging down ER's with routine services means those who do have legitimate emergencies suffer higher wait times.

There is no benefit, at any level, to suggesting people who cannot afford medical care go to ER's to get the treatment they need.

those in poverty and with no way to care for themselves got care
we had that before obamacare

do you think obamacare made medicare/Medicaid better?

Yes. Im in poverty, and on disability. I get Medicare and Medicaid. Because I live in a poor community that's the only medical coverage anyone has. I actually feel quite bad about using it, because my coverage is MUCH better than that of people relying on private insurance. I pay nothing for medical devices, nothing for doctors (don't get dental though... so my teeth are in pretty bad shape), and my prescription cost varies throughout the year, usually between $0 and $5 per month total in order to cover 3 different prescriptions.

I had this same coverage pre ACA. My access to doctors has improved, my access to medication has improved, and my access to long term treatments have improved. For example, I have sleep apnea. 5 years ago all I could get was one of those mouth inserts that were uncomfortable, and never worked for me. Now I get a CPAP, and monthly supplies for it, and I don't pay a dime.

Now, I'll be losing all this in a couple weeks (not due to this bill) due to a change in my employment situation, and I'll be paying instead. But that's not going to change my opinion of it. The medical coverage for the poor in Ohio is great. This bill is going to repeal that.

All of that is assuming though that you get disability, which has multiple major stipulations on it. You have to have a net worth under $1500, no property, no savings, no credit, no reliable vehicle, no income, and so on. It's only an option if you're destitute.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Even before the ACA we had people selling their house, cashing in their retirement, etc to pay for things like cancer treatment. And that's with insurance.

When you're looking at a medical bill that costs hundreds of thousands to a million+ dollars it doesn't matter if you're insured and employed. Unless you're in the top tax bracket that's going to put a significant strain on your finances.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

i just want to know how much more you think i should pay
free er is not enough
free medicare/medicaid is not enough

how much more do i have to pay to not be compared to nazis?

what other saevices do i need to pay for to not be compared to a nazi?

no logic only shaming

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So because the man in the poster didn't have the advantage of technology that Stephen Hawking had, it was okay to kill him?

Did I say anything about killing him? Nope. Should I have to pay for him to stay alive while giving nothing back? Nope.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

a reply to: MOMof3

guess its not that far from diplorables to nazis

you know 1 thing deplorables actually do?
we pay taxes

My neighbors are deplorables. They're all heavily Trump. Mostly high school drop outs, one of them went to college. About 20 permanent residents in their house and another 30 who come in and go. They're gainfully employed selling drugs, pimping, or prostituting, One is a slum lord for their house, and his girlfriend runs a puppy mill in the back yard.

They pay zero taxes. All 50 of them voted Trump though, they thought that by doing so their drug selling business could take off.

For what it's worth, their drug business is tolerated by the police, because the jail can't afford to actually jail people... so they let almost all non violent crime slide.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
That's called state taxes....police, fire and roads are something needed unless we go back back to wild west law, which I am in favor of by the way. Health care is a totally different beast....i can't make you not have kids because you can't afford them, I can't make you eat healthy foods to avoid health risks, I can't make you stop smoking because you'll get cancer.

You can't make me plug fewer devices into an outlet, or get pass out drunk while burning candles, either... yet those aren't issues for fire departments.

Nope...those are personal choices based on intellect.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: trb71
So much for that whole promise of 3 days to sit down and read through the entire final bill before a vote in the house? Just ramrod it through before everyone gets to fully read into the little details, which is what I've heard them complain about for the last 7 years.

LOL LOL LOL LOL OMG yes!!!!!!!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
ATS won't let me post this as an OP so I'll put it here

Trumpcare Will Be Catastrophic For People With Mental Health IssuesText

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Here we go again, another indication of the republican party trying to gut progress this country has made on this vital issue.

According to many experts the new Trump care bill will be devastating to the Americans who suffer mental health problems.

House Republicans on Thursday passed an updated version of the American Health Care Act, which could affect the millions of people who live with a mental health or substance-use disorder.Text

The legislation threatens to gut protections for the majority of people with pre-existing conditions, which could include mental illnesses and addiction. This means the GOP legislation could allow insurers to make coverage more costly for people with existing health issues.
Premiums are likely to skyrocket. A person around the age of 40 with a drug dependency could see increases as high as 500 percent, according to the liberal think tank Center for American Progress. Those with bipolar disorder or major depressive disorder may see a 200-percent rise in surcharges.

“The passage of the AHCA, as it was amended today, is an astonishing assault on the health care of all Americans,” Paul Gionfriddo, president and CEO of Mental Health America, said in a statement.
“These effects will be felt mostly by people with chronic conditions ... They will affect people with cancer and heart disease,” Gionfriddo continued. “They will affect millions with serious mental illnesses. This is not something we can ignore or forget as we move forward. Lives are in the balance

When are the American people ever going o wake up and see the republican party for what it is

edit on 4-5-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

please let me know when people cant get treated

i am pretty sure in th 80s laws were passed to ensure er care
i am pretty sure medicare/medicade existed before obamacare

Break a bone and not insured? The ER can cover you, at the cost of billing you, destroying your credit, and then getting it covered by the tax payer.

Fall into depression and not insured? The ER will give you maybe 30 days of prozac (if you haven't been in before) and send you away. This will also destroy your credit and be covered by the tax payer.

It's not a solution.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I paid into the system my whole life aside from a brief period when my son was born and now that I'm sick and I was happy to.

It is a Nazi philosophy, to let the sick, disabled and old die and I don't feel bad for pointing that out. I may no longer be able to financially contribute to society but that doesn't mean I am useless or just a drain. I still have value.
edit on 5/4/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

link   

Where in tax code does it say only deplorable pay taxes. I have been paying since the 60's.

link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Deregulation sure, but not without upholding basic business law that's been in effect for better than 100 years.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Even before the ACA we had people selling their house, cashing in their retirement, etc to pay for things like cancer treatment. And that's with insurance.

When you're looking at a medical bill that costs hundreds of thousands to a million+ dollars it doesn't matter if you're insured and employed. Unless you're in the top tax bracket that's going to put a significant strain on your finances.

You go head on now dog! Yea this is the stuff we/they should and would be talking about if the Insurance Firms were not the 800pound silverback in the room, or in the pocket whatever. Gots nothing to do with party or economic philosophy.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

It is a Nazi philosophy, to let the sick, disabled and old die and I don't feel bad for pointing that out.

That never happened before Nazis?

The whole tactic of shaming people who don't share your beliefs is what brought about a POTUS Trump. The tactic is old and all used up. I believe you are smarter and can actually have a discussion/argument without reverting to that crap. No one is buying it.

As soon as people realize that insurance companies NOR the government are part of the solution, we can begin to work on the problem. Till then, it's all a bunch of huff n puff.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

there is no shame in taking govt assistance
i have had to use it before
that's what its for

so medicare is better under obamacare?

glad your employment situation is ?better?
but how is it better if you lose care?
is ohio changing its laws too?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Where in tax code does it say only deplorable pay taxes. I have been paying since the 60's.

Yea and really don't know about Dudes White Trash folks but I am deplorable and pay and pay and pay. My kids are college educated, wife and all have good work ethic and pay and pay. So Dude can stuff it.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

i just want to know how much more you think i should pay
free er is not enough
free medicare/medicaid is not enough

how much more do i have to pay to not be compared to nazis?

what other saevices do i need to pay for to not be compared to a nazi?

no logic only shaming

It depends. I'm not sure you understand how single payer works, with insurance systems, or with no system at all, people purchase on an as needed basis. Where Single Payer sees it's main efficiency is that the government can set up contracts with private companies, say 5000 MRI's with one provider and 2000 Xrays with another. The services get bought in bulk, and in advance. The tax payers ultimately pay for these bulk purchases, but it ends up being quite affordable. It works for the UK and France, and Canada. Japan is a little different, but theirs still works too.

It's not about what you're paying, but what you're offering, and how affordable it is. A system where everyone is out for themselves, is a system where the 50% below the median wage have effectively 0 coverage, no matter how good the product is.

This is simply something that only taxes are equipped to handle.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join