It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes GOP Health Bill.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: introvert

You can leave one scam artist for another. That's about it.

That's exactly what the single payers are doing.

I was referring to changing private insurance providers. One scammer for another.

Great choice, isn't it?

My insurance company has never not paid my hospital bills.

So you can try to tell me I was 'scammed'.

I KNOW better.

link   

edit on 4-5-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: neo96

Ok Star. You identified the actual issue with Democrats. Their issue is follow-through as usual. Now back to why single payer makes 'zero sense' though. Obviously it must make sense, the Democrats can't get it done.
edit on 4-5-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I was referring to changing private insurance providers. One scammer for another.

Great choice, isn't it?

I KNOW better.

You were scammed in the amount of money you pay that does not even go to your healthcare. It's money in their pocket.

30%-40% of what you pay.

Congratulations. You and everyone else are being screwed to make other people rich.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Trump keeping promises...love it.

And the childish reaction of the fascist left libtards:

Implying the GOP would lose seats in 2018, Democrats sang, "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" toward the end of the voting.

Sad that these Democrats were actually voted in and continue to represent the public...true colors people...true colors....

maybe you can tell us why the republicans in congress exempted themselves, even though they make $174,000 dollars a year?....I guess you hate to see poor people alive, and healthy...maybe you can get a campaign going to round them up and put them camps, so they don't disturb you. and when they get sick, you don't have to see them. when thy die from illness, they can be rolled into a mass graves without any "visuals"
by the way...you must be so proud of your intellectual speaking skills when you type "fascist left libtards"....it must mean something to you, like "moist bone-dry wet watery desert dust"

Maybe check your facts....none of Congress was exempted...try again.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Hmmm lets see?

Taxed as payroll. That both the employer and employee pay.

Getting taxed again at the end of the year when I sell stock and have to pay yet another tax(medicare capital gains sutrtax).

Taxed again under the Alternative minimum tax cause I made too much after the first tax because I fell in a specific tax bracket.

Scammed like that I ?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
If this gets through I hope the GOP are ready to lose at least the Senate in 2018. The AHCA doesn't really do anything to solve the problems of the ACA while at the same time screwing over a number of people, especially the working class.

The GOP will lose votes if they don't repeal Obamacare. You're as out of touch as the media.

link   

a reply to: Mordekaiser

Free market shouldn't be interpreted as literally as the Bible.

Free market is a fundamental principle in what they use to call liberalism.

FREEDOM without governmental interference.

and what country has had a free market, that also has a government?

link   

No, you're scammed because the premium you pay is based on the subsidy pool of your insurance company, and that's naturally smaller because it's not single payer.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Nice deflection.

Why so quick to change the focus of our conversation?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Great choice, isn't it?

I KNOW better.

You were scammed in the amount of money you pay that does not even go to your healthcare. It's money in their pocket.

30%-40% of what you pay.

Congratulations. You and everyone else are being screwed to make other people rich.

I can never understand why Americans accept being screwed over for $000's for what amounts to zero coverage for most. It is just extortion of money, handed to insurance companies. Obamacare is nothing more than racketeering, and this new bill is a little less extortionate, but essentially the same model.

Instead of the goons turning up at your door and demanding protection money, the new bill will offer you the choice on which extortion you'd like to receive.
edit on 4/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Great choice, isn't it?

I KNOW better.

30%-40% of what you pay.

I can never understand why Americans accept being screwed over for $000's for what amounts to zero coverage for most. It is just extortion of money, handed to insurance companies. Obamacare is nothing more than racketeering, and this new bill is a little less extortionate, but essentially the same model.

Instead of the goons turning up at your door and demanding and demanding protection money, the new bill will offer you the choice on which extortion you'd like to receive.

Correct. The ACA (Obamcare) itself was a cow-tow to the insurance companies after Obama bailed on the single-payer aspect. Though, it did have some good aspects.

This new bill, takes one step backwards from that. We need to quit screwing around and go universal.

link   

Great choice, isn't it?

I KNOW better.

30%-40% of what you pay.

As long as it's less than my current premium they can line their pockets all they want.

Versus 40% going to the government and folks that don't pull their weight this will be a godsend.

I am personally tired of paying almost 40% of my income to taxes to keep those that don't work housed and fed only to have to pay more to give then free insurance as well.

Essentially that's what Obamacare did....instead of taxing our income they "taxed" our premiums....talk about the fleecing of America. People complain about big companies making money all the time and complaining about it.

Our government takes a large percentage of what we work for, then takes more to supply others with healthcare...in the trillions, yet here are the idiot libtards complaining about a CEO making $100MM per year....

Biggest scam ever is government and taxes....

link   
a reply to: jimmyx

What country has become the worlds largest zoo, and it's people become nothing more than the tourist attractions kept in a cage, and everything they want keeps getting handed to them, and where it's staff have become the worlds high paid zoo keepers in the world ?

'Murica that's who.
edit on 4-5-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Nice deflection.

Why so quick to change the focus of our conversation?

That's no deflection.

That is exactly how medicare works.

Quadruple taxation.

Just exactly WHAT do you think is going to pay for that single payer delusion?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
We have universal healthcare where I am. The idea of any developed nation not having universal healthcare seems barbaric to me. So seeing anyone cheer for the dismantling of their own universal healthcare is like watching frogs being slowly boiled alive...

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Yes because Obamacare was 'technically' responsible for private sector premium rises :^), there's no way that way a ploy by the private sector.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
We have universal healthcare where I am. The idea of any developed nation not having universal healthcare seems barbaric to me. So seeing anyone cheer for the dismantling of their own universal healthcare is like watching frogs being slowly boiled alive...

Obamacare is not a universal healthcare system.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: wheresthebody

Obamacare is not a universal healthcare system.

It's an intercepted hail marry.

You watch football UK?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Woo hoo! It's all butterflies and zebras from here on out. And at least Trump was a man of his word and made sure everyone is covered for pre-existing conditions. He promised and he delivered.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join