It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes GOP Health Bill.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

That is the same number that lost their insurance under Obama care and end up paying the penalties because they refused to be mandated.

My friend a traveling nurse and a die hard democrat was one of those, she had insurance while on assignment but on her off months she refuse to get insurance and pay for it.

People hate sometimes to be mandated into what they don't want.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The only thing I would support when it comes to health care is either A) Leaving the system alone or B) fixing Obama care (which probably means going to single payer). Breaking Obama care is just going to make things worse and I will not be happy about it.
edit on 4-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: matafuchs

So, just who are these 24 million who are going to suddenly lost healthcare?

People who matter, no matter how poorly you try to marginalize them.

Firstly 24 million people are not going to suddenly lose their healthcare. That number relates to 2026 and is more to do with options around stopping medicaid expansion.

The initial number is 14m and most of those are people who only pay for Obamacare because they don't want to pay the penalty.

The 24m number is a politically useful one to bandy around, but like most political propaganda it is meaningless.

Oh we are getting technical are we? Well why are you ignoring the fact that the CBO for the bill that was just passed hasn't been released and is likely going to be even worse than the previous estimate because this bill is more extreme than the previous one?

Not technical, just the reality behind the propagandised sound bite.

edit on 4/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Mordekaiser

Free market shouldn't be interpreted as literally as the Bible.

Free market is a fundamental principle in what they use to call liberalism.

FREEDOM without governmental interference.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The rate the Democrats "Killed private insurance" was like watching the movie 300. It going to take a Republican to do that just like it does to kill the bill. It will ultimately mean everyone agrees too.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I have been now told to use the online pharmacies for my long term medications, the military subsided health care for retirees and families has taken that option.

You are right, I remember when as a girl my mother used to go to the local drug store and have medications mixed right there in front of us.

Hell I remember been in the store and the dispenser prescribing medication compounds after listening to the peoples complain.

Yes I'm that old and I remember

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Free market shouldn't be interpreted as literally as the Bible.

Free market is a fundamental principle in what they use to call liberalism.

FREEDOM without governmental interference.

Yeah so are you ready to die over this principle applied to 100% of the market as opposed to 99.99%? Because that's what you're saying verses what I'm saying.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

So you want to prop-up the scamming middle man. Also, how many of those that would be thrust in to the private sector are without the means of affording the costs?

LOL.

I swear.

The only thing your going to accomplish is turning the healthcare industry in to the defense industry.

Price guaranteed.

Healthcare industrial Complex.

I pass man.

I PASS.

Your approach, to get the State out of your life, simply replaces the state with the insurance company. So in the end, you pay more to prop-up the middle man who's in it for the profit.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I know people hate socialized health care, but for the amount of money we get taken for Medicare and Medicaid I say why not free health care.

We as a nation make enough money to provided free health care for all the citizens.

link   

Seriously. Just look at France. You'd think if universal healthcare were so bad 1.) They wouldn't be ranked #1 by the WHO for healthcare and 2.) Femme Trump would be campaigning against.

But they are ranked #1 and the only thing Le Pen wants to change about their system is not letting foreigners get to benefit from it.

link   

No.

I am 100% opposed to the destruction of a single industry because the few 'intellectual' elite THINKS they know what they're doing.

That is nothing, but wholesale destruction with massive consequences for us all.

link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Trump keeping promises...love it.

And the childish reaction of the fascist left libtards:

Implying the GOP would lose seats in 2018, Democrats sang, "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye" toward the end of the voting.

Sad that these Democrats were actually voted in and continue to represent the public...true colors people...true colors....

maybe you can tell us why the republicans in congress exempted themselves, even though they make $174,000 dollars a year?....I guess you hate to see poor people alive, and healthy...maybe you can get a campaign going to round them up and put them camps, so they don't disturb you. and when they get sick, you don't have to see them. when thy die from illness, they can be rolled into a mass graves without any "visuals"
by the way...you must be so proud of your intellectual speaking skills when you type "fascist left libtards"....it must mean something to you, like "moist bone-dry wet watery desert dust"

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Your approach, to get the State out of your life, simply replaces the state with the insurance company. So in the end, you pay more to prop-up the middle man who's in it for the profit.

I can leave a company any time I wish.

Can't do that with that 'My Precious' single payer.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It's only even an 'industry' because the scam reached epic proportions, you should look into how insanely rich a company that replaces stuff is, with no actual product, the highest rev industry in the WORLD, makes more than anyone actually making things, amazing.

It should be a service, k?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I know people hate socialized health care, but for the amount of money we get taken for Medicare and Medicaid I say why not free health care.

We as a nation make enough money to provided free health care for all the citizens.

Because it takes MONEY.

You can't rob peter to pay paul and never create anything new to return that capital back in to that system.

See the law of diminishing returns.
edit on 4-5-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I can leave a company any time I wish.

Can't do that with that 'My Precious' single payer.

You can leave one scam artist for another. That's about it.

With a single-payer program, you get to vote for the people that oversee it and have the ability to change it, if needed.

No matter what, there is some entity of some form or fashion involved in your life. So your solution to "get the state out of your life" is fallacious.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

That's exactly what the single payers are doing.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Yes, we do Marg. We could easily cover everyone in this country, but are far too convinced that we must enrich scam artists in the name of the "free market".

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The only thing I can disagree with there is that it's never 'free'. But if it feels like it, who cares, eh?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

That's exactly what the single payers are doing.

I was referring to changing private insurance providers. One scammer for another.

Great choice, isn't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join