It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes GOP Health Bill.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

So, just who are these 24 million who are going to suddenly lost healthcare?

People who matter, no matter how poorly you try to marginalize them.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

With Canada right next to us, it's a hopeless argument. Their situation with the tax write offs is literally the PERFECT extra outlet for 'the wealthy' in our economy.

link   
yeah doctors loved obamacare
www.forbes.com...

Meanwhile, contrary to those doctors selected to legitimize ObamaCare in the staged media event (where the White House actually handed out white lab coats to generate the image of official credibility), an overwhelming 70 percent of doctors said, even back in 2011, that they disagreed with the AMA’s position on health reform, while only 13 percent agreed with it. In fact, almost half of doctors in that survey even went so far as to say that the AMA stance on ObamaCare was the factor causing them to drop AMA membership.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Got you, you really are very sensitive today, need to take a deep breath and realize that nobody here is your enemy.

Maybe because I'm not happy that our government just voted to kill a boat load of Americans to save some tax money.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You mean I matter even though you were trying to marginalize me?

Awe thanks K.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The opposite of considering YOURSELF marginalized is racism in a nutshell.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I may not like you, but you certainly matter and I wouldn't wish you or any other conservative I argue with here dead. Everyone is entitled to health care and right to life and to live.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Mordekaiser

And the opposite of fascism is supporting the free market.

Meaning opposing single payer.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Firstly 24 million people are not going to suddenly lose their healthcare. That number relates to 2026 and is more to do with options around stopping medicaid expansion. Even then the 24m number is a comparison of Obamacare today vs the new law in 2026. Another decade of Obamacare would mean even less choice and even more people with no real coverage, but CBO do not factor that into their comparisons.

The initial number is 14m and most of those are people who only pay for Obamacare because they don't want to pay the penalty.

The 24m number is a politically useful one to bandy around, but like most political propaganda it is meaningless.
edit on 4/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   

Everyone is entitled to health care and right to life and to live.

No they are NOT.

No business.

No corporation.

Should be guaranteed tax payer money.

The single payer does this.

The hospital.

Big pharma.

And all parts in that Venn diagram.

CORPORATE products are not human rights.

link   

originally posted by: Mordekaiser

With Canada right next to us, it's a hopeless argument. Their situation with the tax write offs is literally the PERFECT extra outlet for 'the wealthy' in our economy.

Do you know the difference in costs of medicine between the US and Canada? It's ridiculous.

For example:
-- Gleevec (a cancer treatment): $6,214 (per month/per customer) in the United States, compared to $1,141 in Canada and $2,697 in England.
-- Humira (for rheumatoid arthritis): $2,246 in the United States, compared to $881 in Switzerland and $1,102 in England.
-- Cymbalta (for depression): $194 in the United States, compared to $46 in England and $52 in the Netherlands. In fact, there is also a generic version of Cymbalta so these prices reflect having a cheaper alternative.

link   
Here's to hoping for some actual competitive rates coming for next year. My family plan went up $500 per month under obamacare.

I am basically paying for a married couple I dont know to have health insurance.

Looking forward to being able to put away an extra $6k per year.

link   

Life is not perfect I know that, had learned in all my years in this earth.

But when the government intrude into peoples health because capitalism most be protected it doesn't get any better for us consumers.

The insurance industry was never controlled under Obama, that was left to individual state panels that as we know take money from the insurance industry to become blind as premiums kept rising.

Then the biggest gift of all turning working class people into milking cows with a mandate supported by the Supreme court as a tax to keep the money flowing.

I don't like the proposed and passed bill in the house, I don't agree with it, because it doesn't take the power of the insurance companies at all

They are the biggest problem for the consumer.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Free market shouldn't be interpreted as literally as the Bible.

Not all monopoly = bad
Monopoloy = the exclusive possession or control of the supply or trade in a commodity or service.

For most of the rest of the market, Yeah that's bad. Is there exceptions due to ludicrous math? If you think the answer is no, I suggest you look into investing.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

No, I just understand the idea of one pool verses many useless puddles. Yes, that is insane.

link   
guess that is the real argument isnt it
being "entitled" to something others pay for
being indignant about it helps as well

think doctors worked their asses off in school so they could provide for someone elses "entitlement "

perhaps we should just call them entitlement servants instead of doctors

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Firstly 24 million people are not going to suddenly lose their healthcare. That number relates to 2026 and is more to do with options around stopping medicaid expansion.

The initial number is 14m and most of those are people who only pay for Obamacare because they don't want to pay the penalty.

The 24m number is a politically useful one to bandy around, but like most political propaganda it is meaningless.

Oh we are getting technical are we? Well why are you ignoring the fact that the CBO for the bill that was just passed hasn't been released and is likely going to be even worse than the previous estimate because this bill is more extreme than the previous one?

link   
a reply to: marg6043

That has nothing to do with the ACA. It has to do with the insurance industry in general. They make money by not paying out the money that is given to them. That means either the people that are covered don't actually use their insurance or the insurance companies have to find ways to get out of paying for those that are covered.

Then of course they also try to minimize they have to pay out when they do actually pay. There's a reason you don't see many independent drug stores that actually dispense prescriptions anymore. Thanks to the insurance companies most pharmacies actually lose money through prescriptions. That's why you see stores like CVS expanding into other parts of healthcare.

link   

I am not marginalizing I am asking who it is? No one is getting killed. Fear mongering and you are buying into it. Stay off HuffPo it will cause heart-attacks...and then you will need that heathcare!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: FauxMulder

If that means no more mandate, then I'll be happy.

That's really all they had to change.

I'll die without insurance.

You'll forgive me if I don't celebrate, right?

Yeah. It's okay. I'm sure there are plenty who might feel the impact. I certainly knew people who were impacted with the advent of Obamacare.

I still hope you recover soon.

I have no shot at recovery if I lose access to the medicine I need to take.

What are the circumstances you have that means you will lose access to your medication?

I've been battling Cancer for over a year now and unable to work. My FMLA has run out, the insurance I had through my job is gone. I still hope to return to work but if this passes the Senate, I won't be able to afford insurance now... and who knows how this will affect states with free health care.

This bill proposes to gut Medicare by $880 Billion and offers a risk pool for those who loose coverage or are under covered due to preconditions and aging of $8 Billion.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join