It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flint puts 8,000 people on notice for tax liens for unpaid water bills

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

good idea!

they should also go to court to dispute the lien with a defense that the city didn`t sell them water the city sold them toxic waste. a water bill is for water but they didn`t get water they got toxic waste.they are being fraudulently billed for water when what they actually received was toxic waste.they should ask the court to require the city send them a toxic waste bill,then dispute the toxic waste bill by saying that they don`t have a contract with the city to provide them with toxic waste and therefore they are not responsible for paying a toxic waste bill.

edit on 4-5-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

A lot of these folks werent paying their water bill anyway.

This just gives an excuse.

Detroit has thousands delinquent on water bills too and their water is relatively safe to drink.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
You can always tell the fake news from the real.

This is so disgusting that it has to be true.

When are we going to rise as one voice and say "Enough is enough!"

I'm ready. Just don't want to be the only one.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Unless it ruined the pipes, I'd flush the toilet with it. Many cities have the sewer and water bills combined.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The dreaded double post! DUN Dun dun!
edit on 4-5-2017 by MichiganSwampBuck because: double post

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

They are supposed to be paying for clean, usable water, and that isn't what they got. No way I'd be paying for contaminated crap. I hope there s a massive lawsuit regarding this, to stop the city from charging people for bad water.

Now, that's assuming these are bills unpaid because of the water issues. The question I have is this; if there are still issues with the water, how can the city justify billing anyone for it, and if not, why would they wait months to turn it off, is someone didn't pay?

Well, researching, I located this, talking about ending credits, and this was in February. So, is it safe or not? If it's usable, then bills should be paid. If not, that's another issue.

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
It wasn't too long ago the State of Michigan paid the damn water bills with 30 million of our tax dollars.

Now as I see it, if they are billing people for water, then they are knowingly selling a contaminated product. Just like the guys who sold defective airbags, Did the Gov't write them a big check?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join