It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colbert Unapologetic and for Good Reason

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You win!

That's officially the most hilarious post in the thread!

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This is great! Just keep exposing the left for what they are. Hate filled bigots who use gay slurs on national television.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

How are they exposed? Milo does the same and the right doesn't bat an eye.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Funny how the Right suddenly care about being PC and shutting down free speech when their guy gets eviscerated.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

But... but... but Neo just told us that it was conservatives that are easily "incited", and that "something bad" would happen because of Colbert.

edit on 5/4/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Colbert has a right to say whatever he wants.

Period.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Funny how the Right suddenly care about being PC and shutting down free speech when their guy gets eviscerated.

You mean funny how the left are against protesting somebody's free speech?

Double standard with cheese with an extra large side order of try again please.
edit on 4-5-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I always find it interesting that now right-wingers want the Office of the Presidency to be "respected" as suits its "dignity."

LOL.

Trump is a bigger joke than Obama, Bush II, Clinton or even Reagan ever was, and Reagan very obviously had Alzheimer's his last few years in office and his wife had an astrologer guiding policy.

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
If Colbert said the same thing about Obama he would have been fired.

Liberal double standards.

The only double standard here is usual Trump double standard. Donnie ran his mouth the same way during the election and his cultist cheered. Now when it's done to him the usual hypocrites are whining for Colbert to be fired because he dared to make a joke about the great orange one.

link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

You mean funny how the left are against protesting somebody's free speech?

Double standard with cheese with an extra large side order of try again please.

BS.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Ok let me be more clear and put this into perspective.

Milo/Ann want to speak.

Protest to silence them = free speech

Everything is A-Okay!

Colbert said some thing's

#firecolbert (protest) = wahhh the right is crying.

The difference though?

One got to actually speak before the protest, and the others?

Well we know how that ended.

edit on 4-5-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Funny how the LEFT went for the last hundred days condemning A holish behavior to defending it as 'comedy'.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Bluntone22
If Colbert said the same thing about Obama he would have been fired.

Liberal double standards.

The only double standard here is usual Trump double standard. Donnie ran his mouth the same way during the election and his cultist cheered. Now when it's done to him the usual hypocrites are whining for Colbert to be fired because he dared to make a joke about the great orange one.

Please point out who here has asked that Colbert be fired. You seem to imply that anyone who voted Trump is on this boat, and I really don't think that's the case. Have you ever heard of "Hyperbole"?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I always find it interesting that now right-wingers want the Office of the Presidency to be "respected" as suits its "dignity."

LOL.

Trump is a bigger joke than Obama, Bush II, Clinton or even Reagan ever was, and Reagan very obviously had Alzheimer's his last few years in office and his wife had an astrologer guiding policy.

If this thread were about Hillary being a "fill in the blank," for Wall Street and the MIC, we ALL already know that our resident alt-right members would not be holding the same consistent angle as they do now.

It's because it's about Trump. After all, this is a leader who tweeted a dick pic after the whole "you know what they say about guys with small hands."

Should we honestly be surprised? They can't take criticism, and want to shut it down anytime it pops up.

Donald ran on a platform of not being PC and "having balls, not afraid to speak his mind," and the cultists lapped it up.

Now that the same tactics are being used they want to cry foul?

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

This is the equivalent of talking mad-smack to someone, and as soon as they throw words back proceeding to cry about "how they upset me with their meanie-head words."

Bunch of hypersensitive wimps.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

To say that his statement is 'homophobic' is to say that within the LGBT community such a thing as a 'c-holster' exists.
No man or female should ever be deemed a 'c-holster', that's just dehumanizing.

So I don't think that this is insulting in any way... Because no one wants to be a c-holster? It's not a thing right? is it...?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

No double standard here. I'm willing to admit both sides are hypocrites. That's the benefit of not buying into the false dichotomy we are presented with in US politics.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Milo/Ann want to speak.

Everything is A-Okay!

The difference though?

Colbert made his comments at a college university?

Damn. I was unaware of this fact.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with free speech. Colbert should be allowed to say whatever he wants, just as Trump's remarks on the bus among friends joking around should not be disallowed. But......

It is the 'wherever' that is questionable. Broadcast television is not cable, it is not pay-per-view, and it is not a subscribed venue, and it is not a bus. It is lewd obscenity on public airwaves....period....done for cheap laughs and for an angry political rant.

Fines need to be forthcoming, imo. Then, let Colbert, take his crude hateful comments on the road and sell tickets. I'm sure the venue would be packed with like-minded people.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Milo/Ann want to speak.

Everything is A-Okay!

The difference though?

You wasted your time putting this BS into "perspective."

Milo/Ann are professional instigators and antagonists. It's what they do. Yet, if students protest their speaking at their campus, that is free speech. It is also free speech if arrangements could have been worked out for them to speak.

All violence, from both the right and the left in these matters is unacceptable.

However, to pretend that there aren't right-wingers here and in the larger community calling for Colbert's head AT THE SAME TIME they're whining and wailing and gnashing teeth over poor widdle Milo and that harpy Coulter not getting to spew their screed are just full of bovine fecal matter.

TL;DR: BS.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

What difference does it make? Eeryone should have the right to say whatever they want. The point I'm making is people need to be consistent with their complaints and not let circumstances dictate their narrative.

BTW I don't think Colbert should be fired and I think anyone who supports #firecolbert are sensitive butt hurt Trump supporters.

Does that make you feel better?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join