It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colbert Unapologetic and for Good Reason

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

Some people don't understand satire, mostly it's those Helen Lovejoys who will complain whenever someone says something that didn't fit into their beliefs.

Freedom of speech defends the right for Trump to say something stupid, but it also allows for people to come up with a rebuttal, However I believe that common courtesy and common sense should apply, if I call Trump a hypocrite then I wouldn't be wrong because he has said one thing and done the opposite on many occasions which makes him a butt of many jokes, he wants keep Muslims and Mexicans out but imports foreign wives at a whim.

But if I insinuated that he was as bad as Hitler or fancied young boys then that's out of line. I may have called him an ass clown and a dunce but that's because of his gung ho policies and reckless approach to foreign policy, but I won't belittle the man for things he hasn't done yet.

Satirists tread a fine line and when they do cross that line I can understand why people can get upset.

edit on 6-5-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
posted in the other thread too. fcc going to investigate

www.huffingtonpost.com...

might face a fine

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Colbert is a friend of John Podesta which makes him likely pedo material, the connection to podesta combined with colberts attack pieces defending pizzagate destroys his credibility and he should be fired.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: canuckster

Basically not much will happen because of who colbert is connected to.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Calling someone a c*ck sucker does not mean your insult will effect the entire gay kingdom as a whole.

Try calling an African American a derogatory racial slur.

See how that works out.

Not very well.

Colbert isn't put on a leash it's going to cost Trump haters voters.

From the LGBT community.
He didn't call anyone a derogotory slur. He said the only thing Trump's mouth was good for was being Putin's c*** holster. If Putin was a woman it would have been about her muffin. Dang, they already have the rainbow, lambda, and argyably that one gay Harry Potter symbol with the triangle. Do they have exclusive rights to c*** jokes too?

The joke had nothing to do with lgbt. It had everything to do with the leftist belief that Trump is a Putin puppet. And everyone knows that sucking someone's genitals is a submissive move, i.e., Trump is submissive to Putin and sucks his c*** (or so went the joke). I mean, come on, we're talking about Stephen Colbert here. Homophobia. Really?

And Trump supporters... jumping on the fire Colbert bandwagon over jokes about the President? Shame. I mean, the jokes are almost what validates them as being president for Pete's sake.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Jobeycool
Colbert will not last much longer watch and see.He has no idea how to do anything but political satire and He is bad at it.John Stewart was at least funny and good at it.

After the hashtag #FireColbert reached trending levels of popularity on social media earlier this week, “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” posted its best overnight ratings since the show’s 2015 premiere week on Thursday night.

t turns out that the backlash only made him stronger. The show scored a scored a 2.5 rating, according to CBS, easily outpacing its late-night competition, NBC’s “Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon,” which topped out the night with a 1.9 rating. The margin between the two shows was the largest to date. The episode was also up 19 percent from the previous Thursday and a whopping 32 percent from the same night a year ago.

doubt he is going anywhere and still unapologetic

“If you saw my monologue Monday, you know that I was a little upset with Donald Trump for insulting a friend of mine,” Colbert told the audience. “So, at the end of that monologue, I had a few choice insults for the president in return. I don’t regret that. I believe he can take care of himself. I have jokes, he has the launch codes so it’s a fair fight.”

i meant He will slip up again acting this immature with political satire

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Clearly he was mocking the reporter's reporting, not his disability.

he was mocking the reporters reporting by spazzing out with his arms?
dont get that

seemed to be focusing on the disability to me

Actually, Trump uses those arm movements a LOT whenever he mocks ANYONE. Which he of course does a lot.
That he did it in this case has been used for ALL it's worth by MSM.

Trumps actions may be weird and unpresidential at times - but they are often taken out of context and "pruned" to make him seem as the worst human since Hitler.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

CH. Obama looked more like a CH for the Iranians by far. With Trump nothing has been established well enough with Russia to even call him a patsy.

posted on May, 7 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted in the other thread too. fcc going to investigate

might face a fine

This is probably because of pressure from the thin skinned Trump administration! I doubt that anything will come of it! The Network bleeped it, and it aired well after the time period that the FCC polices, (from what 6am-10pm?) at 11:35pm.

Besides, people have been calling straight men "C# Suckers" as long as I can remember, and I'm pretty old! It was never considered to be a homophobic slur.
edit on 7-5-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join